The Student Room Group

Ladies - what's the weirdest and worst way a guy has approached you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by eelnais
A very old man (like 70 or 80) whistled, made a clicking sound with his tongue, winked at me, then offered me half of his cigarette, then had a coughing fit, then said, "I like 'em young."

We're now married and have 2.5 kids. :colondollar:

:s-smilie:

This has got to be a troll because hats off to any man who at 70/80 can have 2 kids. He needs to have tests run on him :biggrin:
Reply 121
Original post by datpiff
Says it all really. I'm not talking about weird and wonderful either. Just downright weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just after the Olympics I was at a bus stop (broad daylight) and a tall black guy walked up to me stroked my face and didnt even say anything, then asked me if I wanted lunch with him... I said no... but the weird thing was he then said ''If you'd rather I was Usian Bolt I can be, I'm black'' etc etc. I got on the bus and burst out laughing... what would ever possess anyone to say that to someone? ' I could Usain Bolt...' that makes no difference!
Reply 122
Original post by datpiff
Says it all really. I'm not talking about weird and wonderful either. Just downright weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From the rear
Reply 123
Original post by xStaceyy
At new year in a bar a guy grabbed me by the waist, asked me my name and told me I had a 'cracking set of boobs' I just walked away and he shouted after me 'Can I get a cuddle?!'. Creepy.

Unbelievable. How on earth can this be deemed legitimate behaviour, drunk or not...
Original post by Zarek

Unbelievable. How on earth can this be deemed legitimate behaviour, drunk or not...

Tell me about it!
"You have a c*ck sucking mouth, you do"

To this day I'm not even sure what this means. I just know I was really, really offended and a bit creeped out.
Not mine, but a friend of mine told me an excellent one. When she was around 16, she went on holiday in Tunisia with her family. They were just walking around when an older man randomly approached her parents and said he would give them 50 camels if they gave him their daughter to have as one of his wives.

Unsurprisingly, they said no.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 127
He approached me in McDonald's and asked if I "come here often" ^_^
Reply 128
Original post by superduper9
You would be surprised my friend! It's happened only once to me but left me totally shell shocked! Here's what happened:

I was in costa coffee with my friend. I was sat facing the entrance. This lady, probably middle-aged, walks in a few steps and looks over in my direction. She caught my eye by smiling and then waved at me (the flirty sort of wave). I thought she had spotted her friend maybe behind me, so I ignored it at first. She then rushed over to me and said "hi, and how are you today ...." By this point, I'm totally puzzled, I stop the conversation I was having with my friend. The lady breaks the silence after a few seconds and says "oh I'm so sorry, you looked like someone who works in Sainsburys that I know really well." I said don't worry and didn't think too much of it. My friend then says to me, "I think she's trying to come onto you." I said "no way!!".

The lady gets her coffee and sits at the table next to mine, smiling happily at me. I ignore her initially. But then she says "you're a handsome young man .... how about you give me some company" still smiling as though its ok to say this to a total stranger!! I'm like "no its ok, I'm chatting to my friend here" and my friend is trying so hard not to laugh. The lady then says "Don't worry, I'm really friendly and very good company!"

All I could do was say "I think I've finished my coffee .... nice meeting you ... bye" and then made a run for the door.

Aww lol. I'm guessing she wasn't that attractive?
Either way, you just don't expect it haha
Another! Again, not sure if it counts, but it was awkward and not appropriate for the situation.

I went over to my then-boyfriends house to (awkwardly being the first time I'd ever done it) break up with him, which I found pretty awkward and hard to do since I hate feeling mean and it made me feel really mean even though I knew it wasn't working out. He asked me to hang out with him for a bit since he had a show he wanted me to watch and since I was feeling guilty I said I would stay for half an hour but I needed to be back home since my housemate was expecting me.

Evidently this wasn't a good idea since it led to an awkward half an hour of him asking me if I was sure and repeatedly saying how "this is where the guy is supposed to kiss the girl to stop her from going". While awkward, this wasn't too weird.

The weird/inappropriate part (at least in my eyes) was him trying to feel up my boobs. I stopped him and he said what? And started feeling my scarf (and thus running his hands along my boobs) saying "It's just so soft, I just want to touch it, its fine, whats it made of?". I started to leave but he kept hugging me (and at one point tried to fall backwards with me on the bed) and saying about kissing/making out "Why not one last time? It's because its too hard for you isn't it?" (I opened with me being busy since I thought that would sound nicer and he kinda clung to that being the sole reason).

I knows its not really being approached, but thought I'd share. Its the most creeped out I've ever been, I felt uncomfortable anyway given the circumstances, but it made it so much worse. I know he might have been trying to make himself feel better, but trying to feel up my boobs/ persistently asking me to kiss/make out (kinda the same thing with him) and pull me onto his bed is not going to get me to change my mind especially after voicing concerns a few weeks previous that he only seemed to be interested in me physically.

Since we were friends before we got together, I was hoping (maybe naively) that we could go back to that since we'd only been together a couple of months and hadn't slept together, but now I just feel so weird and uncomfortable around him, sad :frown:
Reply 130
Original post by xelarose
"You have a c*ck sucking mouth, you do"

To this day I'm not even sure what this means. I just know I was really, really offended and a bit creeped out.

Do you have full lips? I have and Ive gotten this before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was in a club a month or so ago (in Budapest, of all places) and this creepy 40-something dude comes up to me and says 'Has anyone ever told you you look amazing in this light?' Which is all well and good, but it was near pitch black so not the most flattering thing to say. Then he kept on trying to dance with me, until I scurried away and hid beneath a pile of coats.
Original post by gemmam
Do you have full lips? I have and Ive gotten this before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think I might do. I've never noticed it before, really :tongue: I get this all the time from people. It's a little unsettling. The other day I was walking into town when a man trying to sell something shouted me, going: "OI! YOU WITH THE PINK LIPS!" I was like "What colour are your lips?!" haha.
Reply 133
Original post by Macabre
This has got to be a troll because hats off to any man who at 70/80 can have 2 kids. He needs to have tests run on him :biggrin:

Ahaha yeah it is - though I think a lot of people thought I was serious judging by the negs! :biggrin: Though I did read somewhere about a 90 year old man who had like twenty kids.
Walking to the bus stop in the morning and two chavvy guys in tracksuits walked past. One said 'Yeah, you look like you need a smile on ya love" in a horrible leery tone with a matching grin then high fived his friend and laughed. I just kept walking. Luckily they didn't say anything else or I probably would have kicked him in the balls and pepper sprayed the bastard.

Not to mention they looked like they were in their 30's...
Original post by Macabre

also to the fact they have half a kid :eek:
Reply 136
Original post by AbbieRV
Just after the Olympics I was at a bus stop (broad daylight) and a tall black guy walked up to me stroked my face and didnt even say anything, then asked me if I wanted lunch with him... I said no... but the weird thing was he then said ''If you'd rather I was Usian Bolt I can be, I'm black'' etc etc. I got on the bus and burst out laughing... what would ever possess anyone to say that to someone? ' I could Usain Bolt...' that makes no difference!

This reminded me of another one (because it was also around the time of the olympics): I was a volunteer performer and it was the end of the paralympics closing ceremony, one of the gamesmakers started talking to me and asked where I lived and if he could take me out sometime. I told him no, sorry. He asked if I had a boyfriend and I said yes and he said that it doesn't matter. He then said that he would kill him!! Soon after he left me alone, but I got as far away from him as I could as soon as I could.
Why someone would think saying stuff like that might work is beyond me.
Two guys both took there tops off and asked me to touch their chest and which one i wanted to marry, and kept trying to kiss me, this was very odd and I pretty much sprinted away.
Another time whilst at work a student asked me to go the imperial war museum with him so we could learn about history together, never thought a war museum would be a great date place he even asked me to check my diary and asked my boss when I was free.
Having big lips get asked for blow jobs a lot and when I used to work in bar some of the things men used to say we're horrific. God knows why they think they can say these things, but got to take it with a pinch of salt. Men are very strange but sometimes is pretty funny but also very creepy. One guy even said to me I'm going to effing ruin that ass ohole simply when I bent down to get a glass. Sigh
Reply 138
"So ... do you like Dungeons and Dragons?"
In a club, dancing with my group of friends, guy suddenly throws his scarf round my waist, pulls me out and starts shimmying and trying to dance with me. So awkward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending