The Student Room Group

mexican drug cartel butcher 3 men and 2 women, boils them in acid and film it.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by ThinkB4Uwrite
What need can there be for them to be kept well fed and clothed for so long, when their victims are lying in cold graves?
in my opinion the act of trying to rehabilitate barbaric monsters is barbaric itself.

What do you mean "what need"? I'm not arguing that they need to be kept well fed and comfy. I'm arguing that the death penalty is immoral, even in these circumstances. I'm arguing that the reason that a person can be justifiably killed is if they are a threat to another person. That is my position as I haven't seen any persuasive arguments to the contrary.

Original post by ESPORTIVA
Public executions? I didnt say anything about public executions.

The mexican military is a proper military. And soldiers with guns are trained to kill. They are not the police.

What do you think of this guy http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/07/mexican-psychopath.html

you think he deserves to live? Nearly one thousand people no longer exist because of this man, yet he should be alowed to continue living? Yeah the public should pay thousands so this man can live.

Bullet to the back of the head, job done, all sorted, and plus he doesnt pose anymore of a risk.

Apologies, I mixed your arguments with that of 'think' above.

That's an interesting question; 'Do I think he deserves to live?'.

Is a life imprisonment in a mexican jail better than death?

To me, this isn't a question of 'human rights'. I don't oppose the death penalty because of the 'rights' of these criminals. I oppose it because, instinctively, to put a gun to the back of a bound, hooded man's head and then kill him is always morally unjustifiable.
Reply 141
Original post by Manslaw
Well the mods need to re-evaluate the reason they gave for why they removed the link. I can't imagine that the person who removed the link did so because of the nudity.

It said nudity. I've posted links to that website before with gore but they werent removed
I didnt remove the link, the mods. Its appears it was only because of the nudity

Original post by Manslaw
Well the mods need to re-evaluate the reason they gave for why they removed the link. I can't imagine that the person who removed the link did so because of the nudity.

It said nudity. I've posted links to that website before with gore but they werent removed

To clarify, I can confirm that the edit to post #1 of this thread was for the overall adult nature of the linked website, including but not limited to nudity. Excessively violent or graphic content isn't appropriate for TSR. :no:
Reply 143
Original post by pjm600
What do you mean "what need"? I'm not arguing that they need to be kept well fed and comfy. I'm arguing that the death penalty is immoral, even in these circumstances. I'm arguing that the reason that a person can be justifiably killed is if they are a threat to another person. That is my position as I haven't seen any persuasive arguments to the contrary.

Apologies, I mixed your arguments with that of 'think' above.

That's an interesting question; 'Do I think he deserves to live?'.

So you do think he deserves to live

Unless hes getting tortured, raped and shanked everyday, then yes jail is better

To me, this isn't a question of 'human rights'. I don't oppose the death penalty because of the 'rights' of these criminals. I oppose it because, instinctively, to put a gun to the back of a bound, hooded man's head and then kill him is always morally unjustifiable.

Considering this man has murdered hundreds, and potentially could murder many more. I really dont see whats wrong with ending the pathetic psychos life. I really dont. I just dont see whats wrong with putting a bullet in his head.

Maybe if he butchered your family members you would think differently? Or perhaps you can rest easy knowing he is alive, breathing and getting fed.

Also its the taxpayers who will pay for him, that to me makes me sick.

Oh and dont forget he is a high ranking member of a cartel so he will probably get the same luxury treatment as el chapo!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Illusionary
To clarify, I can confirm that the edit to post #1 of this thread was for the overall adult nature of the linked website, including but not limited to nudity. Excessively violent or graphic content isn't appropriate for TSR. :no:

Somebody actually posted a beheading video on here?
Original post by Heavenly_Blues
Somebody actually posted a beheading video on here?

We've seen most things posted on the site at some time in its life. Fortunately in most cases the moderation team can remove inappropriate content quickly. :smile:
Original post by pjm600

Yes, if you're one of the top dogs in these cartels. They bribe prison officials and workers and they will live it up in just the same way that they did on the outside. He would no doubt have other prisoners work for him. Basically, if you've seen Porridge, think Grouty and you're probably nowhere near the kind of life of luxury these guys would lead in jail.
(edited 11 years ago)
No the death penalty should not be in place

I would say the death penalty is almost like a get out of jail free card

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by alexandraa

It would be what they want, rather than spending life in a Mexican prison
Let them suffer as their victims have, there is no justice in the death penalty

As post #147, leaders and drug cartels have that much power over prison guards and even directors, they have proven to escape quite easily.
just watched it, pretty grim did not feel real.
Reply 150

Suffer? Do you even know what kind of people these are? The cartels rule the prisons, they would get special treatment and would even be out if a raid took place (which happens often).

This isnt about making them suffer (although I would love to see them suffer) its about making sure they have no chance to continue murdering and suffering. Please read up on el chapo.
Original post by JLXP
As post #147, leaders and drug cartels have that much power over prison guards and even directors, they have proven to escape quite easily.

Ah I see you have experienced this from your many years in a Mexican jail?? :wink:
I'm not saying I know any better but In my opinion if it was someone I knew, I'd rather see them suffer till the bitter end rather than have the luxury of instant, pain free death

Reply 152
Curiosity has had the best of me and I actually want to watch it. Anyone have a link?
Reply 153
Original post by abc:)
Does the majority of weed in the UK come from UK suppliers or overseas suppliers do you know? I'm just curious because we are obviously able to grow it here.
I ask partly because a lot of potheads are also middle class hippies, concerned for the environment, workers rights and fair trade. They make a lot of effort not to buy things made in sweatshops, but their money might be funding this sort of thing. Also because I have paid for weed before, as I don't see it as a harmful drug, but would be very concerned about where it's coming from and the harm my money could do.

Most people who aren't idiots check where the source of their drug is coming from first. Very easy to grow domestically homegrown cannabis if you're careful. Police are trying to crack down on cannabis growth in Britain but in reality for dealers who are careful, it's very easy to get cannabis that doesn't come from Mexican drug cartels so it's highly unlikely that any money you have given towards weed in the past will have gone towards these gangs. But you should always check with a dewaler or your mates where it comes from first.
Cannabis isnt really much of a big product for the cartels (people can grow it easily themselves). Its mainly cocaine, meth and opiates that matter the most.

Next time some one offers you cocaine, just think for a second, you and peoplw like you are one of the reasons why this is happening. They arent doing it for fun, they are doing it just so you can get your fix (so they get paid).

Just thinking about it makes me depressed.

Its kind of a good thing in a way that UK dealers grow their own cannabis.

My mates are into cocaine in a big way but I know too much about what's happening in Mexico right now to ever put any money in for it anyway. Obviously I don't say anything to them because I don't want to be the sap who's trying to kill their buzz about druglords but it's difficult to be around when you know the suffering people have likely gone through just for it to get here. And that's even before we get onto how the gangs over there use drug mules. Find it horrible this sort of stuff never gets mainstream news coverage, for some reason we always here about a "war on drugs" but never any of the information about it, probably just because it'd show people that the war will never be won. Which would then lead me to it'd make people demand legalisation which turns the people v the government but that's a different argument.

Horrific stuff.
Original post by NessEB
Curiosity has had the best of me and I actually want to watch it. Anyone have a link?

What on earth are you curious about? How easy is it to hack humans apart with axes?
Reply 155
Ah I see you have experienced this from your many years in a Mexican jail?? :wink:
I'm not saying I know any better but In my opinion if it was someone I knew, I'd rather see them suffer till the bitter end rather than have the luxury of instant, pain free death

Its well known el chapo had a life of luxury on the inside, TVs, drugs, fine food, raping women guards. Yeah im sure he was suffering.

The guards work for the cartels. There is a video I'll try to find of prison guards letting zetas*into the prison.

Ideally, the best solution would be for them to suffer, in other words, use torture on them.

Yet, they would probably bribe someone to escape that too. :rolleyes:

The most civil thing to do would be to kill the bastards there and then.

After a ruling by the Supreme Court of Mexico made it easier for extradition to occur between Mexico and the United States, Guzmán bribed several guards to aid his escape. On January 19, 2001, Francisco "El Chito" Camberos Rivera, a prison guard, opened Guzman's electronically operated cell door, where Guzmán got in a laundry cart that Camberos rolled through several doors and eventually out the front door. He was then transported in the trunk of a car driven by Camberos out of the town. At a gas station, Camberos went inside, but when he came back, Guzmán was gone on foot into the night. According to officials, 78 people have been implicated in his escape plan.[4]
The police say Guzmán carefully masterminded his escape plan, wielding influence over almost everyone in the prison, including the facility's director. He allegedly had the prison guards on his payroll, smuggled contraband into the prison and received preferential treatment from the staff. In addition to the prison-employee accomplices, police in Jalisco were paid off to ensure he had at least 24 hours to get out of the state and stay ahead of the military manhunt. The story told to the guards being bribed was that Joaquín Guzmán was smuggling gold out of the prison, ostensibly extracted from rock at the inmate workshop. The escape allegedly cost Joaquín $2.5 million

__

From wikipedia
Its well known el chapo had a life of luxury on the inside, TVs, drugs, fine food, raping women guards. Yeah im sure he was suffering.

The guards work for the cartels. There is a video I'll try to find of prison guards letting zetas*into the prison.

Yeah great for him!
Im not crazed about proving anyone wrong or getting into an argument, I'm just saying globally there needs to be reforms and change in what a life sentence means for people, And the root of the problem needs to be killed.
If this is whats going on then prison is not the solution at the moment, but neither is the death penalty!
We can't just focus on what to do with these people but we need to also focus on preventing it from happening.

Anyone watched the video? I think its best if I don't watch the video. Knowing that it's real and not something in a movie just gives it a whole new meaning.

I think many of us are oblivious to what goes on in Mexico and how serious the underground drug scene is in the country. Maybe we need to watch some Bad Boys 2 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending