The Student Room Group

Ks3 sats

Hi, I have my KS3 Sats in the first week of may. When should I start revising? And can you give me some revision tips?! Thank you in advance.
You'll be fine, they don't mean much. Just go over some material in the holidays. Only thing they can possibly affect is your GCSE predictions, which don't mean squat - I know someone predicted an E in Chemistry that got an A* and someone predicted an A that got a borderline D in English.
Reply 2
Original post by paradoxicalme
You'll be fine, they don't mean much. Just go over some material in the holidays. Only thing they can possibly affect is your GCSE predictions, which don't mean squat - I know someone predicted an E in Chemistry that got an A* and someone predicted an A that got a borderline D in English.

I know they are worthless. This is not the response I was looking for but hey ho thanks for your time. I mean like I want to know some revision tips and when to start. P.S: It is in first week of may ( Before holidays ). Thanks for trying to take some pressure off me, I already know they arn't worth two ****s. lol :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SweatyGoals
I know they are worthless. This is not the response I was looking for but hey ho thanks for your time. I mean like I want to know some revision tips and when to start. P.S: It is in first week of may ( Before holidays ). Thanks for trying to take some pressure off me, I already know they arn't worth two s.hits. lol :biggrin:

Well, I didn't take ks3 sats. Is there a specific syllabus of things you need to know, or things they've said you need to know? If there is, make some notes (with colours/diagrams) and read them over. Try and get your hands on some past papers. If there isn't anything in particular you need to know just practice the basics, e.g. basic algebra, writing a letter, knowing what apparatus looks like for science.
Reply 5
Thank you. When do you think I should start?
Original post by SweatyGoals
Thank you. When do you think I should start?

Start tomorrow, you're back to school in a week (I'm guessing). When do you take them?
Reply 7
Start tomorrow, you're back to school in a week (I'm guessing). When do you take them?

First week of may! Back to school on 16/4/13 sats are in first week of may
The sixteenth? Lucky you!

In that case, start next week at the latest. But do look over the past papers - they're the best help you'll get.
Reply 9
The sixteenth? Lucky you!

In that case, start next week at the latest. But do look over the past papers - they're the best help you'll get.

Don't stress about them!

I don't think anyone expects you to revise for your sats.
Just make sure you do all your homework and concentrate in lessons.

If you really want to revise you should get some revision guides, the CGP ones are good. I'm not sure about the english one but for maths and science you can just read them and work through the questions.
It depends how clever you are, some people don't need to revise and still get A's but if you do need to revise (like me) then i'd start revision now, using cue/index cards is really useful.
These exams can be slightly important purely for sets in Year 10 which will make a difference but they don't make too much difference. Don't worry about them though, they're quite easy.
Reply 12
I am so stressed out with the test for year 8, what do I do?? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending