The Student Room Group

How many exams do you have? How are you preparing for it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flyawayowl
six, just started revision today! I'm planning to do loads of past papers :smile:

I'm the same with the past papers, as I sent myself a target to complete 25 over the Easter break, I only started last Saturday as well. Good luck with your exams! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Only 7 :smile: revising like how i did for january :tongue:
7 if I include the biology practical/write up thing.
Preparation - paniiiiiiiiiic.
Not feeling the love for Spanish and German exams - 3 hours each :frown:
Final exams: 3
Preparation: 6h/exam/week

Resit exams: 5
Preparation: 4h/exam/week

Will halve these when I'm back in college for 6 weeks between easter and study leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
12 exams. C3,C4,FP2,FP3,M2,S2,S3,eco unit 2,3,4 and STEP I,II :P
Not bad right and just literally revising every minute :/
Original post by ACBLISS
12 exams. C3,C4,FP2,FP3,M2,S2,S3,eco unit 2,3,4 and STEP I,II :P
Not bad right and just literally revising every minute :/

You machine! I'd probably stop after just a few hours of revision, still not certain if I'm going for STEP or not yet. :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46

2 Sociology A2
1 General Studies A2
1 General Studies AS
1 English Lit AS

At the moment I'm getting through a few hours a day of revision for my sociology exams, and currently rereading my novel for English, and creating mindmaps for links on poetry/themes.

The joy of A levels! :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by MathsNerd1
You machine! I'd probably stop after just a few hours of revision, still not certain if I'm going for STEP or not yet. :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol what motivates me is june 25th i'll be free!! :P lool
Do STEP!!! :O
10 exams :frown:

depends on what subject,
with maths- past papers are key
with history- just learn the content, the papers are pointless to look at
Reply 49
6 altogether, although one is before the May/June half term, so I tend not to count that one.

3 Maths - S1, C3 (retake, so shouldn't be too hard) and C4
1 Biology - F215
2 Psychology - Psy 3 and Psy 4

For Psychology and Biology I've started making notes and aim to have completed this by mid April, when I'll start memorising and then past papers in about mid May.
Maths - lots and lots of practice questions and past papers; luckily there are 15 past papers available, so lots to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
2 History, 2 Geography, 3 Biology (including the dreaded EMPA) and 2 Maths....

Revising. There isn't much else to do :/
Original post by ACBLISS
Lol what motivates me is june 25th i'll be free!! :P lool
Do STEP!!! :O

That is a good point, I'm already doing AEA so STEP on the same day is quite a concern as I don't think I'll be able to handle 6 straight hours of intense maths without burning out at some point, we shall see though as I'm always changing my mind so I might decide next week that I'll go through with it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
I have 4 in total (not including art exam).
3 Geography (2 retakes - 2 AS and 1 A2) and one English exam (A2).
Started revising a few days ago.
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm the same with the past papers, as I sent myself a target to complete 25 over the Easter break, I only started last Saturday as well. Good luck with your exams! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha they seem like the best plan! I've made a list of all the past papers for each subject and I'm crossing them off as I go :smile: thanks, you too!
Reply 54
Original post by Rosaknows
Haha, no I have 22 gcse exams, sorry didnt realise its an a level forum :/ but either way, I'm still dying :'(

It's alright but even then 22!!! Howany gcses are you aiming for? Lol it's all worth it in the end aim high!! :smile:
Original post by flyawayowl
Haha they seem like the best plan! I've made a list of all the past papers for each subject and I'm crossing them off as I go :smile: thanks, you too!

They do indeed as I don't really take much in from reading the information, at least this way I'm getting to the time constraints and the type of questions that could be asked. Also I have made a list really, it's just all in my head and I have a folder solely for Chemistry revision, it has about 50 past papers in and weighs a bloody tonne!! Can't wait to get through it all so I can never EVER do it again :tongue:

And thanks I'll probably need all the help I can get as I'm easily distracted and procrastinate a lot, like right now instead of doing the papers :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
I have 8 exams (2 are AS retakes), and I'm preparing by sleeping until 10:30 when I aimed to get up at 8 to start revision, making notes, panicking that I've forgotten everything, panicking that I won't achieve ABB for university, giving up, and watching Game of Thrones.

But it's only the start of Easter, I'll probably get into a better routine in a few days. At least I hope so :smile:
I have 4, one being a resit that might be cancelled if this remark goes up. I started today, did 4 hours for 4 exams, will do the same all week, then have the weekend off.

What I tend to do is read all the revision guides first, this gives me background knowledge of when I come to write my notes, meaning that when I'm in the process of writing notes I would remember most of the page. My actual plan is to read every revision book I have this week, then start writing notes next Monday, hopefully have them finished when I go back to school, or shortly after. Then I will start on the papers up until the exams. :colondollar:
9 exams
Realising how much maths I have to get through D:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I don't set myself any kind of time goals I just set myself goals of where I should be at by the end of the week in order to complete my revision on time :smile: then once I've met the goal I can just do questions and that kind of thing to check what I've learnt

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest