The Student Room Group

Help and Tips needed badly!

Hey everyone,

I am in year 11 and I have a ridiculous amount of exams coming up in May and June. I have always been really bad with homework and revision (basically anything that involves me working at home) as I have really bad concentration issues. All my target grades are A* so I have all my teachers as well as my family putting pressure on me to acheive those targets.

I need some revision tips badly as I just can't think of any ways to motivate me to revise. Just please don't suggest mind maps as they don't work at all for me.

Thanks in advance :smile:
The way I got through GCSEs was by writing out mini questions for myself (such as five main reasons behind the Cold War starting? When did the Cold War start? What happened to Berlins layout during the Cold War? Why?) and then test myself on them until I know them off by heart. GCSE is so much less about technique and more about just knowing facts so this worked well for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I also find mind maps useless and I can not revise from them, I like to use cue/index cards as they basically force you to condense your notes and then when it gets nearer to the exam (a few days before) you can go back over the cue cards and highlight all the important bits. I'm also in Year 11 and last year for my Year 10 exams I used cue cards and got all A's. Most of my friends use this technique as well and they all get A/A* grades on exams.
Hope this has helped.
Reply 3
Original post by Nerd of the Owls
Hey everyone,

I am in year 11 and I have a ridiculous amount of exams coming up in May and June. I have always been really bad with homework and revision (basically anything that involves me working at home) as I have really bad concentration issues. All my target grades are A* so I have all my teachers as well as my family putting pressure on me to acheive those targets.

I need some revision tips badly as I just can't think of any ways to motivate me to revise. Just please don't suggest mind maps as they don't work at all for me.

Thanks in advance :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2185709

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
For me making flash cards and watching revision videos helps a lot for me since I'm a visual learner. If your an audio learner there are some revision podcasts you can find on websites such as bitesize.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending