The Student Room Group

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'm curious to know, has any girl ever been with a guy who has all those characteristics?
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
Ok, according to your profile you are 18. To have a boyfriend with a science degree, you're looking at guys age 21+. A lot of guys at even only 21 would have reservations about dating an 18 year old. To have a boyfriend with a PhD, you're looking at men who are at least in their late 20s. The vast majority of men that age would not date an 18 year old, and the ones who would are probably the ones to steer clear of. You're entitled to want what you want, but your specification is narrow. Qualifications do not make a person. And whilst you demand these accomplishments from a prospective boyfriend, do you think you can match up? Do you have a degree, a PhD? Do you honestly think you have anything intellectual to offer say a 28 year old man?

Calm down? it's just a joke ROFL.
Who said I'm having a 21 year old boyfriend at this age anyway? Maybe just for future reference :wink:

Plus I think you're taking this all way too seriously, maybe just a little? Why are you so angry?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Pawsies
Most girls truthfully just look for the D.

I personally quite like a bloke to have:
eyes
ears
nose
hair
body

I would be willing to compromise though :wink:

This must be the first time I've met any womans expectations.
Original post by klipspringer
My 'type' was always tall, clean shaven/stubbly, curly-haired, often blonde guys. My current boyfriend of 11 months? Shorter than me, short hair, beardy, a bit on the broad side, and 8 years older :P Basically, he ticks all my boxes for personality, we're incredibly compatible, and I've now developed a taste for a big hairy chest! I guess my point is that many of us will stray from the "ideal" picture in our heads if we suspect we've got something good.

This must be the case, considering the number of women who have shown an interest in me.
Reply 124
Dimples
Integrity
Sense of humour/lightheartedness
Likes adventures and new things
Quiet confidence
Original post by ACBLISS
I'm curious to know, has any girl ever been with a guy who has all those characteristics?

I think it would be quite hard to find someone with all the five things, unless you described someone/ was thinking of someone when you picked them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like guys with long hair, piercings, and tattoos. I also think I'd be more attracted to someone who was taller than me. I like guys who don't really care what people think. By that, I mean I wouldn't like it if they don't look like they've rolled out of Geordie Shore, but I want them to care enough to smell nice... and not to be rude to people. I find it really attractive when a guy has nice forearms or a nice back.
This sounds weirder than I thought it would... Ah well, each to their own :smile:
Original post by Pawsies
Most girls truthfully just look for the D.

I personally quite like a bloke to have:
eyes
ears
nose
hair
body

I would be willing to compromise though :wink:

Explain more plz. I personally find this hard to believe.
Reply 128
Original post by Silver Arrow
Explain more plz. I personally find this hard to believe.

Yeah, I couldn't see yours :colone:
Reply 129
Disappointed by how much height comes up here - it's something that we can do absolutely nothing about but apparently the majority of girls on this thread would rule out a relationship with any guy that wasn't tall...What difference does it actually make?
Original post by Josh93
Disappointed by how much height comes up here - it's something that we can do absolutely nothing about but apparently the majority of girls on this thread would rule out a relationship with any guy that wasn't tall...What difference does it actually make?

I wouldn't rule out a relationship just because of height, that would be absurd. I think it's just preference more than anything, but I in particular take each individual into consideration. I'm not going to say no just because he's short.
Reply 131
Original post by Holby_fanatic
I wouldn't rule out a relationship just because of height, that would be absurd. I think it's just preference more than anything, but I in particular take each individual into consideration. I'm not going to say no just because he's short.

Preference I can understand but it does seem that for many girls height is a deal-breaker and that has always seemed very strange to me - most guys don't consider the classic 'breast size' to be a deal-breaker for example.
Tall
intelligent
good sense of humour
kind
confident
Original post by Josh93
Preference I can understand but it does seem that for many girls height is a deal-breaker and that has always seemed very strange to me - most guys don't consider the classic 'breast size' to be a deal-breaker for example.

It's not a deal-breaker for me. :smile:
I'm guessing you are self-conscious of your height? :frown:
Original post by Pawsies
Yeah, I couldn't see yours :colone:

lolwut?
1. Kind
2. Good shoulders
3. Able to goof around with me and be kind of a dork.
4. Intelligent (and intellectually curious)
5. A mix of similar and different tastes/interests to me, so we've got enough in common to talk about and not fight every time we want to watch a movie, but we also have our own seperate stuff going on.
Reply 136
1. Ability to hold a decent converstation
2. Not vain but takes care of their personal hygeine and appearance to a certain extent
3. Funny but also knows when to draw the line in terms of cheesiness and downright rudeness
4. Not too tall or too muscular
5. Just fun and nice to be around, cares for people's feelings ect.
Reply 137
Original post by Holby_fanatic
It's not a deal-breaker for me. :smile:
I'm guessing you are self-conscious of your height? :frown:

Good to know :smile:
Definitely but only because I've been turned down by girls before for that reason and I'm only self conscious of it with girls - in every other aspect of life it isn't an issue.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 138
-smart
-funny
-nerdy
-beardy
-willing to put up with my bull****
- Compassion and respect towards others.
- Intelligent, articulate, and interested in the world around them (usually all come together, so cheekily listed as one).
- Prepared to humour/respond to my somewhat quirky observations.
- Good sense of humour (bonus points for dry humour and wit).
- Musical.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending