The Student Room Group

mexican drug cartel butcher 3 men and 2 women, boils them in acid and film it.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hustler-1337
Anyone watched the video? I think its best if I don't watch the video. Knowing that it's real and not something in a movie just gives it a whole new meaning.

I think many of us are oblivious to what goes on in Mexico and how serious the underground drug scene is in the country. Maybe we need to watch some Bad Boys 2 :biggrin:

I watched it. To be honest, I've probably seen worse come out of Mexico and I haven't seen a whole load of things from there but, yes, if you're in any way weary about it then I advise you not to watch it.
Original post by alexandraa
Yeah great for him!
Im not crazed about proving anyone wrong or getting into an argument, I'm just saying globally there needs to be reforms and change in what a life sentence means for people, And the root of the problem needs to be killed.
If this is whats going on then prison is not the solution at the moment, but neither is the death penalty!
We can't just focus on what to do with these people but we need to also focus on preventing it from happening.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

How self-righteous is this?! :mad: Many, many innocent people are getting tortured/killed/wrecked by the Mexican cartels and all you have to say boils down to these two points:

1. We need to prevent it from happening.
2. The death penalty neither prison is the solution.

OK, for the first point, oh, well done Sherlock. :dunce: I never would have guessed that! Of course we need to prevent drug cartels from setting up in the first place, but guess what? The cartels already exist now, so what are you going to do about the CURRENT situation?

It's a stupid point to say we need to prevent it. What a ****ing surprise. Look at the situation at present and realise we need to do something about that.

For the second point, ok Einstein, what's your solution? Would you genuinely object to a member of an armed forced just shooting these drug lords there and then?

Are you just going to let this continue?

Madness, absolute madness.
Original post by im so academic
How self-righteous is this?! :mad: Many, many innocent people are getting tortured/killed/wrecked by the Mexican cartels and all you have to say boils down to these two points:

1. We need to prevent it from happening.
2. The death penalty neither prison is the solution.

OK, for the first point, oh, well done Sherlock. :dunce: I never would have guessed that! Of course we need to prevent drug cartels from setting up in the first place, but guess what? The cartels already exist now, so what are you going to do about the CURRENT situation?

It's a stupid point to say we need to prevent it. What a ****ing surprise. Look at the situation at present and realise we need to do something about that.

For the second point, ok Einstein, what's your solution? Would you genuinely object to a member of an armed forced just shooting these drug lords there and then?

Are you just going to let this continue?

Madness, absolute madness.

Ok I'm sorry, no need for the attack?
Well if there is no prevention, there will be more murders as seen in this example. I'm not saying "hey ho let's ignore the issue created and focus on presenting it", but what I am saying is lets simultaneously deal with the current issue and prevent it from growing ever still.

In my opinion, the death penalty is not the answer for someone convicted of the crime as we need to find out why they have done it and make sure they fulfil the correct punishment in order for justice to the victim and the family is served. Getting weapon happy will only aggravate the situation as we won't be able to understand these people and why they have done it, thus not being able to treat the issues causing it efficiently. It also doesn't lend itself for the mental sentence these people will serve, thinking about what they have done and truly being sorry for it. No human can do these crimes and not suffer mentally for it?

Now, this is only my opinion, I'm not saying it gives all the answers but I believe it's what should be done in order for a more proactive and efficient approach to these horrendous crimes. Although my solution gives a few other issues such as overcrowding in prisons and the like (expenses),I believe that a quicker outcome of fewer murders and brutal attacks by these drug gangs is more important.

What attack? No where did I attack you as a person. I only attacked your arguments, which is valid.

Well if there is no prevention, there will be more murders as seen in this example. I'm not saying "hey ho let's ignore the issue created and focus on presenting it", but what I am saying is lets simultaneously deal with the current issue and prevent it from growing ever still.

How are you going to deal with the issue? How are you actually going to prevent cartels setting up if you already have quite a few strong cartels already existing?

We can't focus on all issues at the same time. Even the Mexican government aren't focusing on drug trafficking. I'm not saying that we should prevent these kind of things happening now, but the fact is that we have a situation and we need to get rid of it first before we even begin to prevent it altogether.

In my opinion, the death penalty is not the answer for someone convicted of the crime as we need to find out why they have done it and make sure they fulfil the correct punishment in order for justice to the victim and the family is served.

So what is the correct punishment? Stop being vague and skirting around the issue. What is the correct punishment?

Who gives a **** why they did it? Come on, it can take Jack the Lad a few minutes to find out the possible reasons why they did this: easy way to obtain lots of money, power, personality disorders, who knows what? But, really, who cares?

Also, how on EARTH are we going to find out the reasons why they did these things? Ask them? :rolleyes:

It's interesting how you say "victim" and the "family". This isn't just an isolated criminal case. For ****'s sake, this is a national problem for Mexico, let alone the other influences on society outside of Mexico.

Getting weapon happy will only aggravate the situation as we won't be able to understand these people and why they have done it, thus not being able to treat the issues causing it efficiently.

It's not about being weapon happy. It's about finding these people and killing them. The problem isn't "why are they doing it?" the problem is that we need to STOP IT.

"Treat the issues"??? You can't appeal medical diagnostic principles to this situation.

Again, how are we meant to find out why they have done it? Also, what use does it serve even if we find out the reasons?

It also doesn't lend itself for the mental sentence these people will serve, thinking about what they have done and truly being sorry for it. No human can do these crimes and not suffer mentally for it?

Now, this is only my opinion, I'm not saying it gives all the answers but I believe it's what should be done in order for a more proactive and efficient approach to these horrendous crimes.

Spoken like true politician that gets nothing done. Do you intend to get into politics?

Although my solution gives a few other issues such as overcrowding in prisons and the like (expenses),I believe that a quicker outcome of fewer murders and brutal attacks by these drug gangs is more important.

There won't be any overcrowding because they'll ESCAPE.

Do you want fewer murders/brutal attacks? Just kill them.
Reply 164

In my opinion, the death penalty is not the answer for someone convicted of the crime as we need to find out why they have done it and make sure they fulfil the correct punishment in order for justice to the victim and the family is served. Getting weapon happy will only aggravate the situation as we won't be able to understand these people and why they have done it, thus not being able to treat the issues causing it efficiently. It also doesn't lend itself for the mental sentence these people will serve, thinking about what they have done and truly being sorry for it. No human can do these crimes and not suffer mentally for it?

Now, this is only my opinion, I'm not saying it gives all the answers but I believe it's what should be done in order for a more proactive and efficient approach to these horrendous crimes. Although my solution gives a few other issues such as overcrowding in prisons and the like (expenses),I believe that a quicker outcome of fewer murders and brutal attacks by these drug gangs is more important.

You couldnt have given a more generic answer, even if you tried. Do you even have any idea of whats going on in mexico?

We know exactly why these guys are murdering, they even say it during the video!

Whats the appropriate punishment for killing a family of seven, ans behead their 3 year old child?

Or burning a pregnant women alive? Or butcher nearly 80 migrants with machetes?

Prison?
Original post by pjm600
That's awful, and he should be punished to the full extent of the law, however, I believe the death penalty is incompatible with modern ethics, and so should not be considered.

But it's more apt to call this a war. The government cannot tackle them using the law because even if the gangs were to decide to submit to their systems, they can pay for the best lawyers and police.
Reply 166
Original post by scrotgrot
But it's more apt to call this a war. The government cannot tackle them using the law because even if the gangs were to decide to submit to their systems, they can pay for the best lawyers and police.

Still, even in war, the execution of prisoners cannot be considered a moral solution.
Reply 167
Original post by pjm600
Still, even in war, the execution of prisoners cannot be considered a moral solution.

Yes the Mexican military should shoot the cartels on sight, take no prisoners. Therefore no moral dilemma. :awesome:
Reply 168
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Yes the Mexican military should shoot the cartels on sight, take no prisoners. Therefore no moral dilemma. :awesome:

Well, yeah, if they pose any threat, why not.

If they're kneeling in an orange jumpsuit, hooded, with their hands zip tied behind their backs it's a different story.
Reply 169
Original post by pjm600
Well, yeah, if they pose any threat, why not.

If they're kneeling in an orange jumpsuit, hooded, with their hands zip tied behind their backs it's a different story.

But they won't be in orange jumpsuits, they'll be shot before they become prisoners.

Lol I can't believe I'm having this conversation.

Your living in a fairy tale world. These people butcher hundreds and enjoy it. But yes we need....to...um rehabilitate them...yeah
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 170
But they won't be in orange jumpsuits, they'll be shot before they become prisoners.

Lol I can't believe I'm having this conversation.

Your living in a fairy tale world. These people butcher hundreds and enjoy it. But yes we need....to...um rehabilitate them...yeah

I don't know where you get the idea that I think they can be rehabilitated. That is not my reason for opposing the death penalty in this case, as we both agree it would be foolish to suggest rehabilitation would be appropriate.

If they're shot before they're captured then fine, but that's not even remotely similar to the point I was initially arguing against, which was that they should be executed slowly as a public spectacle.
Reply 171
Original post by pjm600
I don't know where you get the idea that I think they can be rehabilitated. That is not my reason for opposing the death penalty in this case, as we both agree it would be foolish to suggest rehabilitation would be appropriate.

If they're shot before they're captured then fine, but that's not even remotely similar to the point I was initially arguing against, which was that they should be executed slowly as a public spectacle.

Again with public execution. I have not mentioned it anywhere. So if it wasn't public it would be OK?

And now it seems you agree with shooting them instead of capturing them.
Reply 172
Again with public execution. I have not mentioned it anywhere. So if it wasn't public it would be OK?

And now it seems you agree with shooting them instead of capturing them.

I didn't say you mentioned it. Initially I was arguing against this post:

Original post by GPODT
Shariah Law should be implemented in Mexico immediately. All those involved in drug cartels should be executed in public (Saudi-style) to deter others from committing such crimes.

No, I thought I made my position quite clear. I don't believe killing a person who poses no threat can be justified.

Yes, shoot them if they pose a threat or maybe even resist capture. Not if they're in custody.
Reply 173
Original post by pjm600
I didn't say you mentioned it. Initially I was arguing against this post:

No, I thought I made my position quite clear. I don't believe killing a person who poses no threat can be justified.

Yes, shoot them if they pose a threat or maybe even resist capture. Not if they're in custody.

"Yes, shoot them if they pose a threat or maybe even resist capture"

Well that's pretty much all of them then.
Reply 174
"Yes, shoot them if they pose a threat or maybe even resist capture"

Well that's pretty much all of them then.

Great, well there we go. To conclude, don't kill them if they're detained in some ultra-ultra maximum security US jail, kill them if they pose a threat.
Reply 175
Original post by pjm600
Great, well there we go. To conclude, don't kill them if they're detained in some ultra-ultra maximum security US jail, kill them if they pose a threat.

No, kill them all. No mercy, they have shown no mercy to their victims so they shall receive none.

OK OK, they should detain, feed them, make sure they are OK, you know so it looks good to the rest of the world.

Peace and love peace and love

(BTW most Mexicans want the death penalty)
There is another video of three guys getting beheaded by Los zetas which is better.
Original post by pjm600
What do you mean "what need"? I'm not arguing that they need to be kept well fed and comfy. I'm arguing that the death penalty is immoral, even in these circumstances. I'm arguing that the reason that a person can be justifiably killed is if they are a threat to another person. That is my position as I haven't seen any persuasive arguments to the contrary.

Apologies, I mixed your arguments with that of 'think' above.

That's an interesting question; 'Do I think he deserves to live?'.

Is a life imprisonment in a mexican jail better than death?

To me, this isn't a question of 'human rights'. I don't oppose the death penalty because of the 'rights' of these criminals. I oppose it because, instinctively, to put a gun to the back of a bound, hooded man's head and then kill him is always morally unjustifiable.

Tell me do these murderers carry any threats to the society at large or even to other non violent prisoners?

"hooded mans' head" remind me again who these men are please?

are they simple criminals or monsters. if given the chance will they not smoke the next innocent man or woman to further their criminality?
Reply 178
Original post by Manslaw
What on earth are you curious about? How easy is it to hack humans apart with axes?

I want to see the clip for myself, is that okay with you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending