The Student Room Group

Guys name 5 things you look for in a girl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Things in common with the girls I seem to go for are:
- Ass
- Nice eyes (thin Asian type eyes are my favourite on white girls)
- None slut, I like nice innocent kinda girls doesn't have to be a virgin
- Doesn't wear lots of make-up/isn't fake
- Similar personality to me (totally awesome)

Obviously attractive and whatnot are universal.
Original post by Josh93
1) Wit (girls that are flirty but in a smart and cheeky way are fairly irresistable).
2) Kindhearted/affectionate.
3) Intelligent/confident - you don't need to be a future nobel laureate but I don't think I could date a girl that I couldn't have an interesting conversation with.
4) A sense of fun/adventure.
5) Physical attraction - nice smile, sweet/classy look, decent figure (particularly nice legs) etc.

Look like we got the same taste ! but I would like to add a few more things

1) Family background--- respectable
2) Ambitious with a decent job
3) Smart & confident
4) Personality -Inner beauty .......
5) Someone I can trust ! !!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DentalLondon

3) Smart & confident

You could meet the nicest girl in the world, but you're saying you wouldn't date her because her family may have done things that could be considered disrespectful?
Original post by Holby_fanatic
You could meet the nicest girl in the world, but you're saying you wouldn't date her because her family may have done things that could be considered disrespectful?

She had to have a decent background, otherwise the answer is no........ unless she had a really good personality (with a heart of gold)

Is all in the gene , the past , present and future
Reply 104

3) Smart & confident

Yeah...I'm going to have to disagree with 1 and 2 though (4 is completely subjective but that's fine I guess).

1) I'd say that you should judge a person on the merits of their own actions and not on their family etc - I personally couldn't give a damn if her father is a convicted serial killer and her mother is a heroin addict if I like her. If anything I would have even greater respect for her that she managed to turn out so well despite growing up in more difficult circumstances than myself.

2) Ambition I can understand but I'm not really that fussed about their occupation - I guess a girl that wanted to be a professional would be hot but I don't think I would care that much.

5) Trust is vital, I can definitely agree with that.

* Edit: ok, if her father was a convicted serial killer then I might have to rethink asking the grandparents to babysit but other than that we should be ok :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Right boob, left boob, nice eyes, smexy smile and finally a nice bum and/or a nice personality. Sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MantaRey
1) Personality - Frigid and negative people are not desirable. Personally I like people who are (publicly) somewhat reserved but still friendly and approachable.
2) Smart- A sharp mind is always a good thing.
3) Looks - A girl should look presentable and imo have a "natural" look without fake nails, fake hair color, fake contacts, fake tan, excessive make-up etc.
4) Fun- Nobody wants to be around a killjoy. A girl should be fun to be around and not take things too seriously.
5) Confidence - Somebody who can stand up for themselves in the face of criticism earns my respect.

Tbh I've never even been in a relationship though and I'm 24 and the only girls I've asked out flat out said "No!", so perhaps my standards are too high or I'm just some hideous spawn.

You've just saved me some typing. Spot on.
Reply 107
1. Similar music taste.
2. Lazy (Just sitting around watching something or listening to music)
3. Fun to be around
4. Not trying to look like a model and looks natural and normal
5. Nice bum
Reply 108
1. A pulse
2. Ability to speak English
3. Willingness to go out with me

1 & 2 are easy it's 3 that causes the problems, maybe if I delete 2 from the list...
Original post by sunshineF4
Do not want to offend but that sounds like a joke 1 April.

I don't judge on looks, it's much much deeper than that.
1. Outgoing, likes partying.
2. Interesting hobbies.
3. Intelligent.
4. Engaging; easy to talk to.
5. Curves.
Bonus answer: Height. Yeah this came up a lot in the girls' thread and I'm gonna be the first to say it here! Not really important but as a 6'7 guy I'd love to get with a 5'10+ girl. Unfortunately this has never happened. Also not many people people appreciate how difficult it can be to talk to a girl in a noisy bar/club when your ears are like a mile away from them.
Reply 111
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
You look for confidence in a girl yet you think you may be some "hideous spawn"? Have confidence in yourself and tell yourself that you're not hideous. :biggrin:

Well, I wouldn't say I lack confidence overall. I'm not going to get depressed just because somebody thinks poorly of me. You just brush it off and move on, spawn or not.
Reply 112
I find this hard because I don't have a type per say.

A girl needs to be in my opinion be rather confident. Something that I lack in, but you know, one day I may find a girl that will give me confident. That said, I'm interested in a girl that seems a bit unsure of herself at the moment. Something in me wants to protect her.

A girl that can make me laugh and doesn't mind me being the ditziest guy she has ever met.
This connection is needed.

Someone that has her own mind and doesn't generally follow a crowd.

Looks are important. I love girls with longer hair, though have been attracted to girls with shorter.
Don't tend to like athletic looking girls. I prefer more average builds generally. The softer type.
A great bum is essential =p I'm not as much a breast guy.
Nice eyes and arse.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by MantaRey
Well, I wouldn't say I lack confidence overall. I'm not going to get depressed just because somebody thinks poorly of me. You just brush it off and move on, spawn or not.

Aha. I get it now. Was just clarifying :wink:
Reply 115
She had to have a decent background, otherwise the answer is no........ unless she had a really good personality (with a heart of gold)

Is all in the gene , the past , present and future

So technically you wouldn't date a girl whose grandfather left his family for another woman?
I meet loads of these criteria, and yet I'm still single :frown:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Story of my life! :tongue:
Reply 118
5 Things I look for in a girl?

1) Eyes
2) Ears
3) Nose
4) Mouth
5) Boobs
Reply 119
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Well the main problem on both sides is conveying one's traits across without looking like a weirdo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending