The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Assy123
Hey guys, I just started Physics 3 and wanted to ask whether or not we need to learn how we make x-ray photographs like the process? Is there any chance of it coming up along with how CT scans work?

There's nothing on the specification but you can never be too sure

I think we don't, but it's better to be safe then sorry so I would just learn it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Started science revision today. Just realised that my school have taught me literally NOTHING!!! And for the member asking ISA boundaries if you go to page 7 or something I've wrote down what they're based on toughness and how others found them. I've got each raw mark converted to a UMS from a grade C to an A* I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, but now I'm confused? My chem teacher said that 43 and above is an A*? So does that mean below is in the 80s (UMS) and above is in the 90s?
Original post by Rosaknows
Thanks, but now I'm confused? My chem teacher said that 43 and above is an A*? So does that mean below is in the 80s (UMS) and above is in the 90s?

43 is 100 ums, I got 43 for my Biology ISA and made my teacher double checked using some AQA Excel document and it was 100 ums. :smile:

yes this is correct, but those boundaries are just predictions :smile:
Original post by joey4live
43 is 100 ums, I got 43 for my Biology ISA and made my teacher double checked using some AQA Excel document and it was 100 ums. :smile:

This is using the core science ISA boundaries, however, the ones for seperate science are likely to change :smile:.
Core Science ISA Boundaries: 39 A*, 35 A, 31 B, 29 C

100UMS : 43

Made up ISA boundaries: 41 A*, 37 A, 33 B, 31 C

100UMS : 45
yes this is correct, but those boundaries are just predictions :smile:

Oh ok, so where did you get your boundaries? Are they definitely for this years chem ISA? And does it change for each topic?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really want to know.
Oh ok, so where did you get your boundaries? Are they definitely for this years chem ISA? And does it change for each topic?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really want to know.

The are different for core and seperate ISA's i got mine from my school predictions, and from the general feeling of how everyone found the ISA's. Nope, these boundaries are not for definate they could be completely lower or may even be slightly higher however, i would say its a good indication if you can get anything over 43 your pretty much safe for an A* i would say. :colone:
The are different for core and seperate ISA's i got mine from my school predictions, and from the general feeling of how everyone found the ISA's. Nope, these boundaries are not for definate they could be completely lower or may even be slightly higher however, i would say its a good indication if you can get anything over 43 your pretty much safe for an A* i would say. :colone:

Oh lol ok, thanks :smile:
no problem what ISA's have you done at what did you get in them? :colondollar:
no problem what ISA's have you done at what did you get in them? :colondollar:

I've done the ISAs for all 3 sciences, but haven't got my marks back :/ really hope I get A*s :colondollar:
Reply 231
Hello, does anyone know where I can get hold off the jun12 and jan 13 b3c3p3 papers? Thanks!
Original post by daisyde
Hello, does anyone know where I can get hold off the jun12 and jan 13 b3c3p3 papers? Thanks!

there hasn't been a unit 3 sitting for new spec science yet :confused:, unless you are referring to the old spec?
I've finished revising B3! :smile:, its such a relief - i thought by looking through the pages before revsion how on earth i will be able to remember all of this? But, its not as hard as it looks - it quite simple to be honest, I'm chuffed to bits!

Now, i have to start revising C3

and then well.... eventually......P3!
Reply 234
I've finished revising B3! :smile:, its such a relief - i thought by looking through the pages before revsion how on earth i will be able to remember all of this? But, its not as hard as it looks - it quite simple to be honest, I'm chuffed to bits!

Now, i have to start revising C3

and then well.... eventually......P3!

You've finished?! How long did it take you? Have you finished in school yet?
Original post by Efemena15
You've finished?! How long did it take you? Have you finished in school yet?

Yeah i've finished it took my 3 days :colondollar:. No our teacher is only going over the things that are meant to be challenging in school as we are short of time :frown:

Going to do C3 tomorrow :colone:
Reply 236
there hasn't been a unit 3 sitting for new spec science yet :confused:, unless you are referring to the old spec?

Oh really? Oh ok thanks! So I suppose the only past paper we can use for revision would be the specimen?
Reply 237
Yeah i've finished it took my 3 days :colondollar:. No our teacher is only going over the things that are meant to be challenging in school as we are short of time :frown:

Going to do C3 tomorrow :colone:

It took you only 3 days to revise all of B3? Tips on revision please haha
Original post by Efemena15
It took you only 3 days to revise all of B3? Tips on revision please haha

Yeah, just revise the whole day - I revised like 7 hours for like 2 days -_- and understand basically all of it :smile:

PS: throw your life out of the window for 3 days :colone:
Reply 239
Well since I'm resitting all Unit 2's, I have 6 science exams in May-June. Oh the joy........

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending