The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine
Not really, ok I will do a lot of examples for you!

Thanks and are you sure the second one is only CO2 and not 2CO2 cause otherwise its not going to work at all in my eyes, even looked at my notes and other notes and nothing seems to help with that equation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really, ok I will do a lot of examples for you!

Okay I think I've completed it now, it all makes sense in my head so I hope it is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Okay I think I've completed it now, it all makes sense in my head so I hope it is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not quite right, nearly there and you forgot to put the charge on the cr2o7, it should be cr2o7 2-
how is everyone revising- I find it goes through one ear and out the other :/
BLERGH so jel of those who just need a D in this for an A overall :frown:
Not quite right, nearly there and you forgot to put the charge on the cr2o7, it should be cr2o7 2-

Grr, I'm so forgetful!!! Just let me finish this maths paper and then I'll fix it all, I definitely need some work on these apparently even though its just mainly Maths so I wouldn't have thought I'd struggle with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grr, I'm so forgetful!!! Just let me finish this maths paper and then I'll fix it all, I definitely need some work on these apparently even though its just mainly Maths so I wouldn't have thought I'd struggle with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like you, so I will help you :smile: Tell me exactly which part you are stuck in, and I can write notes and attach for you!:smile:
I like you, so I will help you :smile: Tell me exactly which part you are stuck in, and I can write notes and attach for you!:smile:

It's this isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's this isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the charges are not balanced!

Firstly, show me what you got for your 2 half equations
No, the charges are not balanced!

Firstly, show me what you got for your 2 half equations

Oh, I think I've been looking at it all wrong then, here's my last attempt, otherwise I'll message my teacher to explain it all to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, I think I've been looking at it all wrong then, here's my last attempt, otherwise I'll message my teacher to explain it all to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you forgot to include the H+ in the second half equation!

do you want me to post my solution?

can you help me on orders please
No, you forgot to include the H+ in the second half equation!

do you want me to post my solution?

can you help me on orders please

If you wouldn't mind that would be very useful to me and sure, what part are you getting stuck on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you wouldn't mind that would be very useful to me and sure, what part are you getting stuck on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

of course :smile:

its on page 160 question 1)b)i) I do not know why they would consider H2O2 as first order when the concentration remains the same and rate stays the same when comparing experiments 2 and 3. Also, [H+] should be first order not 0 order because the concentration increases but rate stays the same for expeiments 2 and 3?
of course :smile:

its on page 160 question 1)b)i) I do not know why they would consider H2O2 as first order when the concentration remains the same and rate stays the same when comparing experiments 2 and 3. Also, [H+] should be first order not 0 order because the concentration increases but rate stays the same for expeiments 2 and 3?

Okay well I'm not too sure how they got the H2O2 to be first order but maybe that's because they haven't shown us a second concentration for it to see how it's affected, you just have to take the information given to you as fact and proceed then. And I believe [H+] should be 0 because anything to the power 0 = 1 so it doesn't get affected by the concentration as the rate will remain constant.

If a graph was drawn it would be a straight horizontal line and have you got the reaction orders for the others and created a rate equation with its units?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay well I'm not too sure how they got the H2O2 to be first order but maybe that's because they haven't shown us a second concentration for it to see how it's affected, you just have to take the information given to you as fact and proceed then. And I believe [H+] should be 0 because anything to the power 0 = 1 so it doesn't get affected by the concentration as the rate will remain constant.

If a graph was drawn it would be a straight horizontal line and have you got the reaction orders for the others and created a rate equation with its units?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay! thanks

here is the attachment for the equation redox.
Okay! thanks

here is the attachment for the equation redox.

Thanks, I understand now as I forget about the Cr2 and just assumed it was for just a single Cr, my bad but I'm now doing more of these equations to build up my confidence in them, thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I understand now as I forget about the Cr2 and just assumed it was for just a single Cr, my bad but I'm now doing more of these equations to build up my confidence in them, thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, want to revise again this evening ? :smile:
No worries, want to revise again this evening ? :smile:

Sure thing, about the same time too? Cause that way I'll be able to plan around then to get other things done like Maths and all my other Chemistry units. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure thing, about the same time too? Cause that way I'll be able to plan around then to get other things done like Maths and all my other Chemistry units. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sure, lets start at 5pm is that fine?
sure, lets start at 5pm is that fine?

Erm, yeah that should be fine. Still only for 2 hours though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm, yeah that should be fine. Still only for 2 hours though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending