The Student Room Group

Psychology wjec, PY2

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get full marks in this paper, I did in PY1 and I would like to keep it this way:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Heyy, Im taking Psychology too!
Ive already started revision but i think just completing past papers and contextualising your answers should help.
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice, that's great :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by emzlynn
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get full marks in this paper, I did in PY1 and I would like to keep it this way:smile:

You got full marks in PY1? Congrats xD How did you do your revision for that exam?

For me I just memorise model answers and re-do them over and over and time myself too, I feel that works best for me :smile:

I'm starting my revision on the 1st of April, and plan to learn an answer a day and then I'll test myself the next day on it before starting the next answer, also as they're model answers by my lecturer I will change them to suit me or if I feel they need more :biggrin:

How are you currently doing your revision for PY2?
Reply 4
Hi :smile:! Congrats on full marks in PY1!
I resat my PY2 in January and got 117/120 so pretty happy.
I firstly started writing out ALL the model answers, but quickly switched to typing.
I then basically kept looking over them intermittently and crammed them in my head the weekend beforehand.
Get the names, order and numbers right and it'll be fine!
I also went over to getrevising.co.uk, found a lovely set of notes there by Zoey Jowett. I would recommend them. They may not fit exactly into your notes but the extra alternative research really helped me out.
Reply 5
Original post by RB136444
You got full marks in PY1? Congrats xD How did you do your revision for that exam?

For me I just memorise model answers and re-do them over and over and time myself too, I feel that works best for me :smile:

I'm starting my revision on the 1st of April, and plan to learn an answer a day and then I'll test myself the next day on it before starting the next answer, also as they're model answers by my lecturer I will change them to suit me or if I feel they need more :biggrin:

How are you currently doing your revision for PY2?

Thankyou very much! :smile:
I memorised all the model answers & as well as doing past papers, I made my own past papers for each approach (cognitive, biological etc.) to make sure I had learnt all the essays, I then gave these to my lecturer for marking, to make sure I was correct. She then told me where to improve and then I added these improvements to my memorised model answers.
I am learning approximately 12 essays this easter but I have a 2 week gap before my PY2 exam so I will revise each study properly then - again by the same method as above.
Hope that helps! and Good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Gina
Hi :smile:! Congrats on full marks in PY1!
I resat my PY2 in January and got 117/120 so pretty happy.
I firstly started writing out ALL the model answers, but quickly switched to typing.
I then basically kept looking over them intermittently and crammed them in my head the weekend beforehand.
Get the names, order and numbers right and it'll be fine!
I also went over to getrevising.co.uk, found a lovely set of notes there by Zoey Jowett. I would recommend them. They may not fit exactly into your notes but the extra alternative research really helped me out.

Thankyou very much!! Well done thats beautifull! Awesome advice!! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by emzlynn
Thankyou very much!! Well done thats beautifull! Awesome advice!! :smile:

Most certainly welcome :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by emzlynn
Thankyou very much! :smile:
I memorised all the model answers & as well as doing past papers, I made my own past papers for each approach (cognitive, biological etc.) to make sure I had learnt all the essays, I then gave these to my lecturer for marking, to make sure I was correct. She then told me where to improve and then I added these improvements to my memorised model answers.
I am learning approximately 12 essays this easter but I have a 2 week gap before my PY2 exam so I will revise each study properly then - again by the same method as above.
Hope that helps! and Good luck! :smile:

I'm pretty much doing the same as you, I find it much easier just memorising everything! I'm trying to learn as much as I can this easter so that I have time before the exam if I need it - Like time to go over research methods and re-test myself on the questions to check I still know them off by heart. But this half term I've been very distracted so it's good I started early! haha :biggrin:

Also I was wondering how long, on average, does it take you to memorise a model answer?
Reply 9
Ye it is a lot easier, then you know youve got everything!!!!
Basically aggggeeessss!!!!!! Around 2 hours per essay!!! And that doesnt include making notes! U?
Reply 10
Original post by emzlynn
Ye it is a lot easier, then you know youve got everything!!!!
Basically aggggeeessss!!!!!! Around 2 hours per essay!!! And that doesnt include making notes! U?

Wow! Hehe, you do it pretty quick xD It ranges really depending on the length of the essay, really long ones can take me 8 hours, but regular length ones take me about 3 hours :biggrin:
Reply 11
Haha :smile: thanks! 8 hours!! Wow thats dedication!
Reply 12
Original post by emzlynn
Haha :smile: thanks! 8 hours!! Wow thats dedication!

Haha, thanks! xD

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
I was just wondering, do any of you want to compare model answers? My lecturer said that all of the ones she's given us are top mark answers, so I was just wondering if I could compare with anyone else to check that these are actually top mark answers? :smile:
Original post by RB136444
I was just wondering, do any of you want to compare model answers? My lecturer said that all of the ones she's given us are top mark answers, so I was just wondering if I could compare with anyone else to check that these are actually top mark answers? :smile:

Could you send me your top mark PY2 ones please? I'd be very grateful, also look at the mark schemes and then compare it with the essay, if it covers everything then it's probably full marks.
Reply 15
Hi Guys,

I'm currently revising for py2 and I'm having serious trouble with the structure of the essays and how much content to include. My teacher hasn't provided me with any model answers ( :mad: ) but I have all the info in note form. Is there any chance anyone would be willing to share their model answers with me just so I can get the jist of the exam structure?
Thanks so much if anyone could help
You'd be a life saver! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Il do it but not untill tuesday after I have G2 out the way, I need your email adress tho......not sure if college will let me publicly share the model answers.
Reply 17
Original post by JDZG
Hi Guys,

I'm currently revising for py2 and I'm having serious trouble with the structure of the essays and how much content to include. My teacher hasn't provided me with any model answers ( :mad: ) but I have all the info in note form. Is there any chance anyone would be willing to share their model answers with me just so I can get the jist of the exam structure?
Thanks so much if anyone could help
You'd be a life saver! :biggrin:

I'l do it but not untill tuesday (see above)
Original post by emzlynn
I'l do it but not untill tuesday (see above)

Could you also email me them if it's possible? I'd really appreciate it
Reply 19
Original post by Coldeversince
Could you also email me them if it's possible? I'd really appreciate it

Ye :smile: just give me your adress

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending