The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Seriously though, at what stage are we supposed to draft those things? :s-smilie: I'm guessing late Year 12/Year 5 for you guys??
Reply 401
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Seriously though, at what stage are we supposed to draft those things? :s-smilie: I'm guessing late Year 12/Year 5 for you guys??

It must be yeah. I would imagine mid 2014 would be a good time to start? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanineVet
It must be yeah. I would imagine mid 2014 would be a good time to start? :smile:

I hope I have some interesting things to write about by then. :s-smilie:

On an unrelated note, am I stupid for not knowing that 'hyaena' is the British spelling? I'd never seen that before, only 'hyena'! :tongue:
Hahaha thanks I tried to shorten it as much as possible but as you can see the outcome didnt match the idea Ahah can't wait to see how I deal with the PS stage :s-smilie: lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want at any stage I could send you my heart pathology lectures we had? Also. PS is where we come in :wink:
Reply 404
I hope I have some interesting things to write about by then. :s-smilie:

On an unrelated note, am I stupid for not knowing that 'hyaena' is the British spelling? I'd never seen that before, only 'hyena'! :tongue:

Hahaha me too!

Is it really? That makes two of us :tongue:, I have never seen that before aha. Where did you hear that? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha me too!

Is it really? That makes two of us :tongue:, I have never seen that before aha. Where did you hear that? :L

IGCSE Biology past paper :tongue: . It's so odd, they've written 'hyaena' and 'faeces', but also 'fetus' and 'sulfur'. Go home CIE, you're drunk! :lol:
Reply 406
Original post by skatealexia
If you want at any stage I could send you my heart pathology lectures we had? Also. PS is where we come in :wink:

Hahaha! I am sure I will consulting your help for the next few years :wink: and yes! If you could that would be excellent! Thankyou very much that would be most kind of you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skatealexia

Not to intrude, but could I have them too? :colondollar:
Reply 408
IGCSE Biology past paper :tongue: . It's so odd, they've written 'hyaena' and 'faeces', but also 'fetus' and 'sulfur'. Go home CIE, you're drunk! :lol:

Ahaha! I know faeces and is it not foetus? Hmmm also sulfur is American Ahah I wonder what they were thinking when they made that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahaha! I know faeces and is it not foetus? Hmmm also sulfur is American Ahah I wonder what they were thinking when they made that :tongue:

Exactly my point :lol: Either British or American spellings, please, not both! :tongue:
Reply 410
Exactly my point :lol: Either British or American spellings, please, not both! :tongue:

Hahaha that was a little bit odd aha. I checked up my OED and it agrees with us 'hyena' not 'hyaena' but the English language is a very confusing one like Encyclopedia should be encyclopædia or just 'ae' instead of æ. I just wondered the bmat would be based around the English (and welsh?) system of learning so will you not be at more of a benefit doing it since it should concern aspects of your a-level course and not my higher course - if you get what I mean? Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha that was a little bit odd aha. I checked up my OED and it agrees with us 'hyena' not 'hyaena' but the English language is a very confusing one like Encyclopedia should be encyclopædia or just 'ae' instead of æ. I just wondered the bmat would be based around the English (and welsh?) system of learning so will you not be at more of a benefit doing it since it should concern aspects of your a-level course and not my higher course - if you get what I mean? Haha :smile:

Hmm, I'd never thought of it that way but you may be right.
I'm still purple from that incident earlier. :tongue:

I am destined to live as Tinky Winky for the rest of my life. :redface:
Sounds good! :biggrin: Seen anything interesting? :smile:

Not really, seen a cat get angry at the use of a 'pill-popper' but the other day I was there one dog collapsed and was rushed to the vets but wasn't there later to be told what was wrong 😥 it's quite sad though because the majority of the dogs are Staffies so no one wants to rehome them but they are all so nice 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollyyounger
Sounds good! :biggrin: Seen anything interesting? :smile:

Not really, seen a cat get angry at the use of a 'pill-popper' but the other day I was there one dog collapsed and was rushed to the vets but wasn't there later to be told what was wrong it's quite sad though because the majority of the dogs are Staffies so no one wants to rehome them but they are all so nice

Staffies are gorgeous! :biggrin: I'd definitely get a rescue one if I could have a dog. Ah well, maybe when I'm older.. :redface:

An animal shelter near to me has made adverts with a knitted Staff that says 'They're softer than you think', which I thought was really cute. :redface:
Staffies are gorgeous! :biggrin: I'd definitely get a rescue one if I could have a dog. Ah well, maybe when I'm older.. :redface:

An animal shelter near to me has made adverts with a knitted Staff that says 'They're softer than you think', which I thought was really cute. :redface:

Awww that's so cute! Yeah, they are all really nice and friendly, would take all of them home with me if I was allowed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollyyounger
Awww that's so cute! Yeah, they are all really nice and friendly, would take all of them home with me if I was allowed!

His smile at the end... :love:

[video="youtube;d1gM1fdIP4w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1gM1fdIP4w&list=UU7grUJIipCy4Znwr5L2y08g&index=12[/video]
Reply 417
Sorry maybe a bit random but are there any animals out there at all that you guys would try to avoid?
Personally I get anxious around spiders, anything else is fine, but I really hope this won't be a problem! :confused:
Reply 418
I agree too, staffies are so misunderstood people forget its the owner that train the dog not vice versa. I used to sponsor a staffie X in the dogs trust in London - I was going to visit him when I went on holiday there but I never got the opportunity to :frown:. I would like to rescue a dog (or any animal) when I'm older!

Also I believe I have solved the hyaena mystery! Wikipedia says hyenas can be known as both but by looking at the scientific classification of the hyena, hyaena is the genus (group above species) where two species of hyena come under - the striped hyena and brown hyena. I may be wrong but that is my hypothesis :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 419
His smile at the end... :love:

[video="youtube;d1gM1fdIP4w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1gM1fdIP4w&list=UU7grUJIipCy4Znwr5L2y08g&index=12[/video]

Awww my heart melts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending