The Student Room Group

Why don't you girls report club gropers to police?

When guys violate you by deliberately grabbing/touching your bits without consent this is actually illegal so why don't you file a complaint to stop this practice from spreading and in time even becoming a norm if something isn't done about it.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think this is something you could stop in clubs, there would be no way to monitor it. There would also be no point in reporting it as nothing will be done about it.
I've had a girl randomly put her hands down my pants at a club before, so it's not just girls who get "groped".

I think really it's just that it's accepted as something that happens/ everyone is a bit drunk so just lets it slide / girls will tell a guy to **** off before it goes too far.

I do wear skinny jeans now though...
Reply 3
Original post by AdviceSeeker09
I don't think this is something you could stop in clubs, there would be no way to monitor it. There would also be no point in reporting it as nothing will be done about it.

Well yes before it gets widespread it should be stopped. This will spread to outside the club scene too. How long before we also start to accept groping in schools and supermarkets to be normal too?
Reply 4
I think that it should be up to the bouncers or whatever to kick people out and possibly report them if necessary when that happens.
The police aren't going to bother arresting someone for pinching a girl arse. I mean technically they could, but it would be a lot of work just to prove it happened, not to mention the number of cases they would have to deal with.
So yeah, i think maybe if bouncers had more responsibility when it comes to these matters, it would do a lot more to deter future gropers.
Reply 5
Because there often aren't police around to report it to, you often don't see the attacker or know them so identifying them can be practically impossible, and from experience, the police have no interest in following the case up for you. Also, I've been groped at school and in public - it doesn't just happen in clubs.

Edit: bouncers in clubs are often really helpful though, they will chuck the guy out if you let them know usually.
Reply 6
Puts a bit of a downer on the night spending it giving a statement in a dingy police station
Original post by sissoko46
When guys violate you by deliberately grabbing/touching your bits without consent this is actually illegal so why don't you file a complaint to stop this practice from spreading and in time even becoming a norm if something isn't done about it.

How would you possibly monitor this?

As awful as it sounds, truth is the police will just laugh you off.

If you go to a club, you're almost guaranteed (male or female) to have someone touch you in a way you don't appreciate. I probably find just as many drunken girls will grope my bum/boobs in a club as men do!
People just sort of assume it's accepted.
Obviously there's a big difference between someone groping you once or twice, you telling them to leave off and them dancing off into the distance, compared to, someone groping you and then pursuing the situation by following you into the toilets... :indiff:

It's like fights in clubs, the police really aren't bothered. I've seen so many people drunk outside clubs, having been barred because they 'got in a fight' and the police have been called, they will simply tell you to "Go home, sober up and just try not to get so drunk and argumentative next time to prevent this happening again."
The police don't want to be taking statements, taking drunk teenagers home/to the station (likely to throw up on the car seats) etc.

If people decided to report to the police every time they were inappropriately touched in a club, the police would be doing nothing other than arresting drunken teenage girls and boys.
They would then need larger police forces to tackle the other issues, which would then end up coming out of our pockets and then we'd have a thread saying...
"Why do people report every tiny incident that occurs in a club?!"

:rolleyes:
Reply 8
Because the police wouldnt care, its difficult to see who actually did it sometimes and even then it would end up coming down to 'your word against his' and the then we probably wouldnt even be believed, so whats the point?
Reply 9
Original post by kunoichi
Because the police wouldnt care, its difficult to see who actually did it sometimes and even then it would end up coming down to 'your word against his' and the then we probably wouldnt even be believed, so whats the point?

By your logic then sexual assault is not punishable in clubs so why do girls keep going to a place where it is OK to be assaulted?
By your logic then sexual assault is not punishable in clubs so why do girls keep going to a place where it is OK to be assaulted?

Because you can be assaulted anywhere. If you were the girl in question, would you barricade yourself in the house, avoid going out, never go to nightclubs? The answer isn't to avoid places where these men gather, it's to teach them it's not okay to do it in the first place.
Reply 11
Original post by Vikki1805
How would you possibly monitor this?

As awful as it sounds, truth is the police will just laugh you off.

If you go to a club, you're almost guaranteed (male or female) to have someone touch you in a way you don't appreciate. I probably find just as many drunken girls will grope my bum/boobs in a club as men do!
People just sort of assume it's accepted.
Obviously there's a big difference between someone groping you once or twice, you telling them to leave off and them dancing off into the distance, compared to, someone groping you and then pursuing the situation by following you into the toilets... :indiff:

It's like fights in clubs, the police really aren't bothered. I've seen so many people drunk outside clubs, having been barred because they 'got in a fight' and the police have been called, they will simply tell you to "Go home, sober up and just try not to get so drunk and argumentative next time to prevent this happening again."
The police don't want to be taking statements, taking drunk teenagers home/to the station (likely to throw up on the car seats) etc.

If people decided to report to the police every time they were inappropriately touched in a club, the police would be doing nothing other than arresting drunken teenage girls and boys.
They would then need larger police forces to tackle the other issues, which would then end up coming out of our pockets and then we'd have a thread saying...
"Why do people report every tiny incident that occurs in a club?!"

:rolleyes:

Creepy.
Reply 12
Original post by edithwashere
Because you can be assaulted anywhere. If you were the girl in question, would you barricade yourself in the house, avoid going out, never go to nightclubs? The answer isn't to avoid places where these men gather, it's to teach them it's not okay to do it in the first place.

Well can you get groped in supermarkets? No. So girls should avoid clubbing if its inevitable that they will end up being groped and wont be able to do anything about it.
Original post by danny111
Creepy.

Very.
Reply 14
Well yes before it gets widespread it should be stopped. This will spread to outside the club scene too. How long before we also start to accept groping in schools and supermarkets to be normal too?

Ahh the classic slippery slope :fluffy:
It would ruin the night, people would say you're making a drama out of nothing. If they were being really bad, a bouncer would chuck them out usually.
Well can you get groped in supermarkets? No. So girls should avoid clubbing if its inevitable that they will end up being groped and wont be able to do anything about it.

Of course you can be groped in supermarkets. Unless you're speaking on behalf of all gropers, you don't know where they're going to do it. And you think women shouldn't be allowed in nightclubs? Ridiculous.
Original post by Acroamathematics
I wish someone would grope me. :cry:

Wrong account? :colone:
Reply 18
Maybe if women weren't little cock-teasers this wouldn't happen? Just a thought.
Reply 19
Original post by Vikki1805
Very.

That actually happened to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending