The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about starting uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Runninghigh
It's worse in Scotland: I don't even need to try anymore. My offer was based on higher results - last year! A good number of people get unconditionals in scotland. It makes the place seem even more painful!

So is the system in Scotland meant to be that you apply to uni's with your grades (Highers) already in hand so technically you're almost on a gap year and save a year studying? If so that sounds way better than the English system :tongue: why do people do advanced Highers if uni's only ask for Highers then? I'm curious as hell :biggrin:

btw I'm hoping to do Medicine this September this year, at Glasgow :smile:
Reply 41
Overwhelmed. I guess both excited and scared at the same time.
I'm excited because my degree seems perfect for me. I'll be studying something that I want to study. But I am a bit nervous about making new friends. I'm pretty talkative but it's still slightly strange having to be with all these new faces. My introduction will be something like "Hi, I'm Asma. Everyone calls me Ron Weasley because I am clumsy."
Reply 43
Weird really.
I'm excited to go, and really looking forward to moving out, but at the same time it's a bit sad. I had the 'first of my lasts' last term, as I had my last ever music lesson with a girl who I've been having them with since year 2. It's like 11 years all of a sudden came to an end, and it just felt strange.
I used to feel quite worried about making friends as I'm quite a shy person, but having interviews and staying there for 3 days really reassured me, as it's strange how easily you can get to meet people.
10 school days left until I leave for exams and I couldn't be any happier. 6th year (Scottish system) has been soooo long and boring, I just want it over with! Can't wait to experience university, social side especially!
I can't wait

My gap year is so boring -_- why I did one I will never know!
Oh well, I'm saving for now and going travelling for a month in europe in the summer - not long to wait!
Still doesn't feel like i going at the moment, probably will after the summer exams though :smile:
Having a hard time focusing on college work due to excitement, but I've got to power through and get my grades!! Finance and accommodation are sorted but it still hasn't sunk in that I finally going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by kindergartencop
Having a hard time focusing on college work due to excitement

Posted from TSR Mobile

This! I've been getting distinctions and merits across the board thinking my first choice Uni would give me a tough conditional offer. Turns out my interview and personal statement went really well and they just want me to finish my course . . . basically an unconditional offer really. Now I just want to finish my course and leave!
Reply 49
Sooo looking forward to finishing sixth form. Been there for three years and I'm finding it all rather tedious. The only thing ill really miss is my family, the majority of my good mates went uni last year :frown: and ill miss my city.
Reply 50
I'm on a gap year, as I didn't feel ready to apply last year. Now that I know what I finally want to study I just can't wait to start! Excited about my course, university and joining societies. Never felt more ready for anything before - bring it on!!
Reply 51
AHHHHHH JUNE 19TH NEEDS TO HURRY UP.. But On The Other Hand Exams O.o And I Need More Time :/
Reply 52
Original post by Sharks
AHHHHHH JUNE 19TH NEEDS TO HURRY UP.. But On The Other Hand Exams O.o And I Need More Time :/

I know! You want it to come quickly, but also want it to stay away because of exams...
Can't wait! Especially when everything would be so different from what it is for me now. But i think i'll miss my family (they're an 13-hours flight away from uk) , food and the weather. But other than that, i can't wait. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Terrified, honestly, just absolutely terrified. So much infact that I am doubting to accept any offers that I have received. Ooohh the comfort of familiarity...
Reply 55
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
Can't wait! Especially when everything would be so different from what it is for me now. But i think i'll miss my family (they're an 18-hours flight away from uk) , food and the weather. But other than that, i can't wait. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you coming from then? And what universities?
Reply 56
Original post by BaronSamedi
Ooohh the comfort of familiarity...

This!
Reply 57
I'm looking forward to it. However for numerous reasons I'm anxious. Although I grew up in Britain and am British, I feel that having lived abroad for the past 6 years has reduced my Englishness. I often feel like a foreigner when I'm in Britain. My English family is a bit weird and not very tight so I don't really feel a family connection. I'm a bit worried about being too culturally different and not enjoying my time there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
I've been living on a tiny island all my life, so the concept of getting off for a few years is pretty damn exciting. I kind of regret taking a gap year, although its given me a pretty good insight into work, and given me the chance to save some cash to blow on a big summer holiday and freshers! The idea of not knowing anybody, and having a completely fresh start to make impressions on people is the part im most excited about, living where i do everyone knows everyone and has preconceptions of them, and i absolutely hate it!
Really nervous! Moving from a tiny village to a big city is going to be a shock..also afraid cause I'll have to make new friends...:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending