The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Changing university courses... AGAIN

Hi, i was wondering, as a chemical engineering offer holder at Newc. university, and someone interested in becoming an Aerosystems engineering officer in the RAF, what are the chances that if i receive AAA/A*AA in my alevels, Newcastle will change my course from chemical to mechanical for 2013 entry (bearing in mind i've already changed from Economics to ChemEng)
also, i have already firmed my offer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Bump.... would it be possible to change from Chemical engineering to Mechanical when i'm actually at university?
Reply 3
I am currently at newcastle university studying Biomedical Sciences and they have allowed me to change to Chemical Engineering!

They are really quite friendly when it comes to internal course changes, you could try contacting admissions and seeing if you are able to change it before you go, but if not they won't be an issue when you get there. Just make sure you do contact the right people as soon as you get there, the quicker you ask for an internal transfer the more lightly they will say yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION
Hi, i was wondering, as a chemical engineering offer holder at Newc. university, and someone interested in becoming an Aerosystems engineering officer in the RAF, what are the chances that if i receive AAA/A*AA in my alevels, Newcastle will change my course from chemical to mechanical for 2013 entry (bearing in mind i've already changed from Economics to ChemEng)

Wouldn't Aerospace or Aeronautical engineering be more suitable for that? :confused:
Original post by BKAllison
I am currently at newcastle university studying Biomedical Sciences and they have allowed me to change to Chemical Engineering!

They are really quite friendly when it comes to internal course changes, you could try contacting admissions and seeing if you are able to change it before you go, but if not they won't be an issue when you get there. Just make sure you do contact the right people as soon as you get there, the quicker you ask for an internal transfer the more lightly they will say yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant thanks, i will sort that when i get there then :smile:
Original post by Emre944
Wouldn't Aerospace or Aeronautical engineering be more suitable for that? :confused:

It would, but Newcastle my firm choice, dosen't offer it :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION
It would, but Newcastle my firm choice, dosen't offer it :frown:

Ah I see. May I ask where else did you apply? :smile:
I think Newcastle is too amazing when compared to other unis that offer that course such as Sheffield.
Please help, i just got an email back saying there course is full and they can't transfer me, but it might be possible to change in August, does anyone know if this is likely? i am REALLY 100% sure that i want to do MechEng and NOT ChemEng

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending