The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Got offered a different course by University of Exeter?!!

So I finally received a reply from the Uni I've always wished to go to -- Exeter. I applied for Politics and Economics (LL12) but when I went on my UCAS track to check, I got an offer to study Mathematics (G100) instead! I am truly confused on whether this is a mistake or they really are offering me a totally different course. I mean I have nothing against mathematics, I actually really enjoy it but...

Anyway, does this happen a lot and what should I do?
Theres quite a difference between a Politics and Economics degree and a Mathematics one. I honestly think you should contact them or UCAS... I know I would.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Aqsquare
So I finally received a reply from the Uni I've always wished to go to -- Exeter. I applied for Politics and Economics (LL12) but when I went on my UCAS track to check, I got an offer to study Mathematics (G100) instead! I am truly confused on whether this is a mistake or they really are offering me a totally different course. I mean I have nothing against mathematics, I actually really enjoy it but...

Anyway, does this happen a lot and what should I do?
You should probably give them a call, I'd think history would get mixed up with those, but not maths!
Reply 3
Did your personal statement show that you really love maths? As a PS Helper I've read many economics/business statements that start to imply a maths degree is actually what they should be applying for.

Phone the uni asap and check it isn't a mistake. If they say it isn't, ask their reasons so you can find out why they think you're more suited to maths.
Reply 4
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
Theres quite a difference between a Politics and Economics degree and a Mathematics one. I honestly think you should contact them or UCAS... I know I would.

I know right, there's quite a big gap between the two. I really should contact them. Thanks for the input :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Robbie242
You should probably give them a call, I'd think history would get mixed up with those, but not maths!

I was thinking about the same thing! that if they really are not offering me the course I wanted, they'd offer me something like History but not Maths. Either way, Thanks for the input! gonna either email them or give them a call soon.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
Did your personal statement show that you really love maths? As a PS Helper I've read many economics/business statements that start to imply a maths degree is actually what they should be applying for.

Phone the uni asap and check it isn't a mistake. If they say it isn't, ask their reasons so you can find out why they think you're more suited to maths.

I am quite positive that it doesn't really show that I love mathematics. But I did quite show them just how much I love to solve problems and come up with solutions, does that count?

I definitely should, Thank you for your reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending