The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Rejected from Warwick :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Eloades11
Your best bet is to email the admissions office and request feedback on your rejection. Did you get offers from all your other choices?

Yup all others I got offers. I`m waiting for a reply from admissions.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Nero213
Ahh I see... I carried into A2 with AAB.... My Law teacher should of predicted me A* for law as I achieved 100% in Unit 1 and Unit 2 I got an A. But she didn't :s-smilie:
My personal statement was strong without being too boastful.. I kept it humble yet direct to the point. Hmmm... I wonder what there responce will be to declining me :O

That's a bit irritating :frown: I only found out recently that I was only predicted an A when it should have been an A* (94% on both papers). Luckily it was only General studies though, and I'd received 5 offers anyway :smile: Apparently at my college they calculate out predicted grades for GS based upon our GCSEs :'( One of my friends got predicted an A* in GS despite getting a D last year - even if she got 100% in both papers this year it would still be a B!
It probably isn't the personal statement then, particularly as you have other offers...
It would be interesting to find out!
Reply 22
What I just find out is another student with much lower grades who worked less hard got on offer with predicted grades of BBB.... where is the logic :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by dragonkeeper999
That's a bit irritating :frown: I only found out recently that I was only predicted an A when it should have been an A* (94% on both papers). Luckily it was only General studies though, and I'd received 5 offers anyway :smile: Apparently at my college they calculate out predicted grades for GS based upon our GCSEs :'( One of my friends got predicted an A* in GS despite getting a D last year - even if she got 100% in both papers this year it would still be a B!
It probably isn't the personal statement then, particularly as you have other offers...
It would be interesting to find out!

Haha I know right =p Hmmm... I reckon they`ll say because I live too far away LOLOLOLOL
Original post by Nero213
What I just find out is another student with much lower grades who worked less hard got on offer with predicted grades of BBB.... where is the logic :frown:

There are a whole load of other factors which universities take into account before giving offers. From interviews to PS, admission tests scores, even the college/sixth form you attended plays a part in admission. Is English your first language and were you born in the UK?
Reply 25
This thread made me check my email inbox...I just got a rejection from Warwick for law as well.

**** them I got offers from Bristol and KCL which are my top two choices anyway so idc :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Eloades11
There are a whole load of other factors which universities take into account before giving offers. From interviews to PS, admission tests scores, even the college/sixth form you attended plays a part in admission. Is English your first language and were you born in the UK?

LOOOOL haha indeed it is. I also achieved an A* at GCSE for English Language and Literature. My P.S. was really good.. it was credited by other law students at University, law lecturers and students and teachers.
Reply 27
Original post by J.Star
This thread made me check my email inbox...I just got a rejection from Warwick for law as well.

**** them I got offers from Bristol and KCL which are my top two choices anyway so idc :wink:

I got my other offers so it's cool. However I would of really liked an offer from Warwick. It's an awesome university! :P
Reply 28
Original post by Nero213
I got my other offers so it's cool. However I would of really liked an offer from Warwick. It's an awesome university! :P

It would have been nice to have got an offer to 'complete the set' but the Unis that I actually want to go to have given me offers so that's all that I care about tbh.
Reply 29
Original post by Nero213
Hey everyone,
Could you please provide some possible feedback via past experience or opinion on why I got rejected.

I applied to study Law at the University of Warwick and applied during October time.

My AS Grades were : AABB , in Economics , Law, Ancient History and English Lit.

The entry grades were AAA.... which was the same as my predicted grades of AAA.

My GCSE grades were A*`s and A`s and 2 B`s .... I don't know why Warwick rejected me as I applied early and preformed reasonably well in my A-level`s and GCSE`s :/

Help??? :s-smilie:

I was also rejected a few weeks back, our AS grades are similar and both predicted AAA. I had a great statement (not that I'm one to boast) but Warwick will see lots of students with good grades. They don't want to over offer too much as lots of people will firm Warwick given it's reputation etc. It's about 10-1 applicants per place and there were just better applicants unfortunately
Original post by Nero213
Hey everyone,
Could you please provide some possible feedback via past experience or opinion on why I got rejected.

I applied to study Law at the University of Warwick and applied during October time.

My GCSE grades were A*`s and A`s and 2 B`s .... I don't know why Warwick rejected me as I applied early and preformed reasonably well in my A-level`s and GCSE`s :/

Your grades aren't good enough I am afraid. Simple as that.

I have all all A* and A's at iGCSE and A*AAa predictions (we do a two year course, so AS are at the end).

I only received my offer a few weeks ago, and was rejected from LSE despite having, in my opinion a very strong PS. I have had work experience at 8 different companies involved with the Law, undertook paid part time work at a solicitors firm and still didn't receive an offer.

So in all honestly, you are just not good enough. Other people have worked harder and are more entitled to those offers, the same applies to those who got an offer to LSE, they, on paper were better than me.

Deal with it.
Original post by Nero213
Hey everyone,

There were enough people who were better than you, nothing more. Your grades are good but not excellent. If they want 3 As they may have lots of people applying with 3 or more As at AS level.
Original post by lou_100
The only thing I can think of, reasonably, is that it wasn't you that wasn't good enough...it was simply that, unfortunately, there were people just that little bit better this year round.

You're right. You performed very well, not just reasonably well. You can ask for feedback. Why not email the admissions/Law department and politely enquire?

Not necessarily, I was rejected by Warwick and got an offer for Oxford and sort of Durham. It's swings and roundabouts, there can genuinely be cases where two candidates are of such an equal footing thats its impossible to pick between them.

Perhaps the tutors didn't think Warwick suited the OP, or just couldn't decide. It's likely to be a combination of factors, but its important not to be beat up about it and take whatever the Fates hand you. :smile:
You got AABB and are surprised you got rejected. Am I missing something?

Girl from my school with 8A*s 2As at gcse A*AA prediction and AABB got rejected and was expecting it. I'm sorry, but put simply AABB will not impressed a university like Warwickfor law
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by dragonkeeper999
It may be your grades - you only achieved AAB in the AS levels you are currently continuing with to A2 (or even ABB...), so they may think that AAA is a bit of a high prediction - it is more likely that you will achieve the same grades or even a grade lower than to go up a grade, according to some stats they showed us at college. If all the other applicants had already achieved AAA in the ASs they are currently continuing with to A2, then Warwick would obviously be more confident in them achieving the grades. It could also be your reference or how you sounded in your personal statement - did you perhaps sound too cocky or boastful rather than enthusiastic? It's sometimes hard to judge where the balance is, and different admissions tutors may interpret your personal statement differently. The same can be said if you were interviewed.

This is definitely not true. The highest you can get at AS is an A, which the OP got for 2 subjects. Therefore he has every possibility of getting 2 A*s at A2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by tooambitious
You got AABB and are surprised you got rejected. Am I missing something?

Girl from my school with 8A*s 2As at gcse A*AA prediction and AABB got rejected and was expecting it. I'm sorry, but put simply AABB will not impressed a university like Warwickfor law

I got AABB and got an offer from Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devina-S
I got AABB and got an offer from Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good for you.

Edit: for international business :rolleyes:, yes, because that's (as competitive as) law (the subject in question)
(edited 11 years ago)
If I'm being brutally honest there will have been people with better achieved grades and predicted grades who got rejected. If I had applied with those grades I would have applied with hope rather than expectancy (as I get the feeling you did).
Original post by SimpleTom
Your grades aren't good enough I am afraid. Simple as that.

I have all all A* and A's at iGCSE and A*AAa predictions (we do a two year course, so AS are at the end).

I only received my offer a few weeks ago, and was rejected from LSE despite having, in my opinion a very strong PS. I have had work experience at 8 different companies involved with the Law, undertook paid part time work at a solicitors firm and still didn't receive an offer.

So in all honestly, you are just not good enough. Other people have worked harder and are more entitled to those offers, the same applies to those who got an offer to LSE, they, on paper were better than me.

Deal with it.

You sound like the most bitter person in the universe. You don't need to be a bit of a p**** with others if you feel badly done by

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by iamthestig
Not necessarily, I was rejected by Warwick and got an offer for Oxford and sort of Durham. It's swings and roundabouts, there can genuinely be cases where two candidates are of such an equal footing thats its impossible to pick between them.

Perhaps the tutors didn't think Warwick suited the OP, or just couldn't decide. It's likely to be a combination of factors, but its important not to be beat up about it and take whatever the Fates hand you. :smile:

Didn't say that was definitely the reason, just reassuring OP that there doesn't seem to be an obvious rejection reason sticking out so I suggested that. Deciding how good a candidate is can only be objective to a certain extent if you think about it - in terms of exam grades etc. The rest is subjective and down to the opinion of the admissions team anyway, so it's possible to be a very able candidate, just not quite bag yourself a place through no huge fault of your own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending