The Student Room Group

A level students, how many hours a day do you revise?

Scroll to see replies

Hard to find motivation. Procrastination is such a hard habit to shake off.

I'm managing 3 hours a day and will start proper revision soon.
Reply 21
Original post by und3niable_
Haha it's so odd how I enjoy my own company then wonder why I barely get invited to parties, not go to many and would rather read a book. Hopefully after A2 the balance will get right :biggrin:
More like university for me, not met very many like-minded people yet, though got a few friends I hang out with at lunch
I revise basically all day, when I'm not out for an hour or two, but I revise whilst watching TV so it probably isn't that productive
Reply 23
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Do you think the concept of a ''burn out'' is a real possibility? I've never really pushed myself to that point.
It could happen anytime, but my GCSE results make my motivation set on fire, so I can literally go on this long (got a few b's and c's, then this January got ABC, really want AAAA now so giving it my all). It also helps 50% on my subjects are maths, which is my passion, and economics and history aren't too bad either. We'll have to see in August whether this is effective or not though.
Reply 24
Original post by Robbie242
It could happen anytime, but my GCSE results make my motivation set on fire, so I can literally go on this long (got a few b's and c's, then this January got ABC, really want AAAA now so giving it my all). It also helps 50% on my subjects are maths, which is my passion, and economics and history aren't too bad either. We'll have to see in August whether this is effective or not though.

I got a D in my English lit exam in January, and instead of making more motivated it just knocked my confidence:/
Reply 25
Original post by callum_r
I got a D in my English lit exam in January, and instead of making more motivated it just knocked my confidence:/
Same with history but I'm back on track now, I got a low C yet got A's before the exam (oh well) keep going and think that August is the big deal, not some first-entry January results. Work hard, Get Results.
Reply 26
Same with history but I'm back on track now, I got a low C yet got A's before the exam (oh well) keep going and think that August is the big deal, not some first-entry January results. Work hard, Get Results.

yeah that's true. And i was like that too, all my essays were A standard and i came out with the D (two marks of the C but still) and in my other subjects too all my work is A grade yet they've predicted me C's which is what i dont get either
Reply 27
Since September, roughly 2 hours a day, now about 7-9hours, different amounts of time work for different people, not everybody is the same

WOWWWWWW!revision was far off my mind back in septemeber.For summer exams,i only recently thought of revising for it-2-3hrs a day:s-smilie: been slacking lately tho,done nothing all day today and yesterday(apart from run up and down the stairs reading my notes:s-smilie:)
Reply 28
Original post by callum_r
yeah that's true. And i was like that too, all my essays were A standard and i came out with the D (two marks of the C but still) and in my other subjects too all my work is A grade yet they've predicted me C's which is what i dont get either
Takes the piss, they did the same with me, I got predicted CCB, I got an A in maths and now I get predicted ACB in maths history and economics respectively, they just matched my Jan results to my new predicted grades its stupid...
Reply 29
Every day in the morning 2 hours (before my school) and after the school till I jog and then 1 hour revision. Of course it includes all-weekend revisions.
I've going through this schedule since I got my offer in October.
Reply 30
Takes the piss, they did the same with me, I got predicted CCB, I got an A in maths and now I get predicted ACB in maths history and economics respectively, they just matched my Jan results to my new predicted grades its stupid...

it is. i dont think im going to let the predicted grades get to my head because they seem like a silly indicator more than anything, and it's obvious they're not entirely accurate for both you and I. im sure you'll get the A's you want too, so to be predicted them must be frustrating for you too
Reply 31
3 hours a day 10 hours on weekend ( Friday, Saturday , Sunday ) includes homework and further reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since September, roughly 2 hours a day, now about 7-9hours, different amounts of time work for different people, not everybody is the same

Gotta admire your work ethic. I wish I could manage that many hours of revision.
Hopefully i am going to start revision tomorrow, so much to learn for biology!
Reply 34
Just started revising yesterday, starting off slow then building up towards the last 2 weeks of my exams. I don't want to burn out.
I swear I sit In front of my books all day and for every hour of revision there is four hours of nostalgic gazing out of the window!
More like university for me, not met very many like-minded people yet, though got a few friends I hang out with at lunch

I mingle alot, don't have a friendship group. Bit worried uni might be like that too. I could easily get into that 'crowd' but I value my education more than partying every week-end :tongue:

Plus money! xD

Quick Reply

Latest