The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Geography unit 2 - Geographical Investigations

Hi everyone

I'm currently revising for my Edexcel Geography unit 2 exam in May 2013. However I would really appreciate your help by providing me with the Edexcel AS Geography unit 2 - Geographical Investigations January 2013 past paper as this would help so much in terms of revision and see what questions appeared in that exam. I would like to say thank your for your help.:smile:
Reply 1
OMG I did that unit in january and was soo dissapointed, it was one of the hardest and different papers of all papers. I revised so hard and stuff and was predicted an A and used to get top marks i,e. band 3 and high band 3 and got a D. I was LIKE EUGHH!!!! I got 40 marks and if i got like 9 marks i would have been on an A . The grade boundaries are really tight!!

But now I am resitting it with unit 1 :?

make sure you learn all case studies and learn proper good exam techniques otherwise you will not achieve good...

Oh and here is the link to Jan 13 paper and mark scheme: http://www.mediafire.com/?y87zvm9i8909x
Reply 2
Original post by lala121
OMG I did that unit in january and was soo dissapointed, it was one of the hardest and different papers of all papers. I revised so hard and stuff and was predicted an A and used to get top marks i,e. band 3 and high band 3 and got a D. I was LIKE EUGHH!!!! I got 40 marks and if i got like 9 marks i would have been on an A . The grade boundaries are really tight!!

But now I am resitting it with unit 1 :?

make sure you learn all case studies and learn proper good exam techniques otherwise you will not achieve good...

Oh and here is the link to Jan 13 paper and mark scheme: http://www.mediafire.com/?y87zvm9i8909x

Hi I'm sorry to hear you got a D in the exam. Yeah I agree with you Edexcel give candidates such a short time in the exam but hopefullly we both should well in the May exam. With the likn you provided me I'm having problems trying to download is it possible if you could download it yourself and then actually send it to me please as I'm having alot of trouble trying to download both files. Thank your for your time.
Reply 3
Original post by ahussaing
Hi I'm sorry to hear you got a D in the exam. Yeah I agree with you Edexcel give candidates such a short time in the exam but hopefullly we both should well in the May exam. With the likn you provided me I'm having problems trying to download is it possible if you could download it yourself and then actually send it to me please as I'm having alot of trouble trying to download both files. Thank your for your time.

Hi if u can give me ur email i can send it to you! As i cant figure out how to upload onto here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lala121
Hi if u can give me ur email i can send it to you! As i cant figure out how to upload onto here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi yeah I would really appreciate that, thank you so much for your help. My email address is [email protected]. Once again thank you for your help. I just hope we get given a nice exam in May 2013. (I'm revising so hard for this exam on top of that I've also got to revise my English language and Literature exams. So good luck with both of your geography exams. :smile:
Reply 5
Hi I just sent it to you
Reply 6
Original post by lala121
Hi I just sent it to you

Hi sorry to bother you again. I'm having trouble accessing the exam reports for unit 1 and 2 geography AS, I clicked on the link which you provided me in the email. However my computer is not allowing me to open it. I would really appreciate it again if you can send me another email (email address: [email protected]) which has attached to the email the unit 1 and unit 2 edexcel examiner reports that would be great. Thank you very much for your help. :smile:
Reply 7
I don't get why we had to do fieldwork and collect results, when the questions just ask the methods you WOULD undertake for fieldwork, not what RESULTS you have found. Or do they sometimes ask this?
Reply 8
They do ask for results and conclusions but not exact numbers like rainfall was 22.457384mm more like what did u find out?

For example I did flooding fieldwork and an enquiry question which I wanted to find out why is the area flood prone. I found out that the area is 40% urbanised with London clay which is impermeable allowing no infiltration and interception however causing high surface run off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by lala121

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I was just wondering if you could possible send me the Jan 2013 Unit 2 paper please, my email is [email protected] :smile:
Reply 10
hi

im also retaking the uni2 2 goeg paper for edexcel and was wondering if its okay to learn case studies for questios that say ' in your investigation...' because i did go on a trip and did fieldwork on this trip, but i've lost half of it...
thank you
Reply 11
Original post by ahussaing
Hi sorry to bother you again. I'm having trouble accessing the exam reports for unit 1 and 2 geography AS, I clicked on the link which you provided me in the email. However my computer is not allowing me to open it. I would really appreciate it again if you can send me another email (email address: [email protected]) which has attached to the email the unit 1 and unit 2 edexcel examiner reports that would be great. Thank you very much for your help. :smile:

hey my email address is : [email protected], cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending