The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Rejected from Warwick :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lou_100
Didn't say that was definitely the reason, just reassuring OP that there doesn't seem to be an obvious rejection reason sticking out so I suggested that. Deciding how good a candidate is can only be objective to a certain extent if you think about it - in terms of exam grades etc. The rest is subjective and down to the opinion of the admissions team anyway, so it's possible to be a very able candidate, just not quite bag yourself a place through no huge fault of your own.

Oh yeah I agree.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
What uni's were you accepted to?
Reply 42
Original post by callum_r
What uni's were you accepted to?

Birmingham, Manchester, Queens Mary, Nottingham.
Reply 43
Original post by Nero213

Deal with it, your grades are not of concern.

It's your PS that was weak which meant that Warwick rejected you.
We are interested to know about you as an individual and why you want to study Law at Warwick. We look for an academic interest in the study of Law in its social context. We have a reputation for a critical approach to the law at Warwick, which involves not only learning the legal rules, but also studying them in their social, economic and political context. This means that we are especially interested in applicants who seem prepared to question the effect that law has in society.

^^They say that they don't make offers on predicted/obtained grades alone, and include that in their FAQ. I haven't seen anything quite as specific on any other department website (it's sort of similar to Leeds who wanted "social awareness" demonstrated) so perhaps this factored into their decision. I'm sorry to hear you got a rejection, though. You've done brilliant to get 4 offers, which are all from good universities. :smile:

(Edit: I would say your grades seem fine though)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by youjennatsix
^^They say that they don't make offers on predicted/obtained grades alone, and include that in their FAQ. I haven't seen anything quite as specific on any other department website (it's sort of similar to Leeds who wanted "social awareness" demonstrated) so perhaps this factored into their decision. I'm sorry to hear you got a rejection, though. You've done brilliant to get 4 offers, which are all from good universities. :smile:

(Edit: I would say your grades seem fine though)

Thank you for the information. Much aprreciated! :")
The feedback I recieve from Warwick shall be interesting, it will give me an insight where I can improve on ... oh yeahhh :wink:
Reply 46
Original post by tehforum
Deal with it, your grades are not of concern.

It's your PS that was weak which meant that Warwick rejected you.

Maybe so... I don't know why my other uni`s had accepted me them. May be it's true what "youjennatsix" said about a specific requirement from the candidate.
Original post by Nero213

that's good! which one are you thinking of firming?:biggrin:
Original post by tooambitious
Good for you.

Edit: for international business :rolleyes:, yes, because that's (as competitive as) law (the subject in question)

given that Business is a very very popular course choice around the country, actually being as competitive as Law at a lot of unis, and WBS is one of the most prestigious in the country, I wouldn't be surprised if International Business had as many applicants as Law...
Original post by Mathaddict
given that Business is a very very popular course choice around the country, actually being as competitive as Law at a lot of unis, and WBS is one of the most prestigious in the country, I wouldn't be surprised if International Business had as many applicants as Law...

Law is apparently the most popular course in the country. It attracts high quality applicabts (even pretty weak universities like Greenwich have relatively high offers (300 ucas points)). Either way, it's an annoying straw man, I'm sure plenty of people with AABB get into Warwick every year, just not that many for law.
Law is apparently the most popular course in the country. It attracts high quality applicabts (even pretty weak universities like Greenwich have relatively high offers (300 ucas points)). Either way, it's an annoying straw man, I'm sure plenty of people with AABB get into Warwick every year, just not that many for law.

^
Yeah that's true, you should be happy about your other offers because they're really good universities. Receiving any offer for Law is an achievement in itself since Law is so competitive. Inevitably, they had to reject good applicants since everyone who applied for Law were likely to have similar grades and strong applications (otherwise why would they have applied for such a competitive course?). You shouldn't take notice of others who got accepted with lower grades than you (e.g. ABB), because they were probably accepted on a different course which had lower requirements at that university.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Good for you.

Edit: for international business :rolleyes:, yes, because that's (as competitive as) law (the subject in question)

Oops :tongue: Anyway, there are loads of other great uni's out there other than Warwick!
Original post by superxo2
^
Yeah that's true, you should be happy about your other offers because they're really good universities. Receiving any offer for Law is an achievement in itself since Law is so competitive. Inevitably, they had to reject good applicants since everyone who applied for Law were likely to have similar grades and strong applications (otherwise why would they have applied for such a competitive course?). You shouldn't take notice of others who got accepted with lower grades than you (e.g. ABB), because they were probably accepted on a different course which had lower requirements at that university.

Agreed. OP, notts is probably equally regarded as Warwick for law!
Original post by Devina-S
This is definitely not true. The highest you can get at AS is an A, which the OP got for 2 subjects. Therefore he has every possibility of getting 2 A*s at A2!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But they have only been predicted AAA, indicating that their teachers don't believe so. They have already said that they got 100% last year in Law (which hopefully went in the reference...), but presumably didn't get over 90% in the other A grade AS. Therefore, they are roughly on track for A*AB at A level.
Yes, they still have the chance to get even A*A*A* at A level with those AS grades. However, their AS results indicate that this is unlikely.
You got into Nottingham Law, I wouldn't lose much sleep over Warwick.
If you dropped English Lit then I reckon it's because Law at A-level is not a traditional subject. The Russell Group brochure has guidelines and it's becoming more and more crucial to take the subjects that the universities want rather than what you feel is right. Law at Warwick would have had plenty of applicants predicated A*A*A/A*AA/AAA and they would have had 3 solid traditionals. Sorry, but it's either that or your personal statement wasn't strong enough, or a combination of both.

Good luck with your other applications though.
Reply 56
Hi there, I got offers from Bristol and Warwick and I'm having some trouble deciding. I'm an international student and my main concern is to get placement at good law firms for internship and if possible secure a job upon graduation. Any advice? Please also give a reason as to why you picked a certain uni. Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending