The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by constantmeowage
Indeed, it was gorgeous when I visited, so I'm endeavouring to make a decision soon! :P I want at least a decent room, you know. :wink: And yes, all three of them - I couldn't do that at Oxbridge :frown:

Ooh shortbread, I love homemade shortbread! :smile: I can just about forgive you for your lack of understanding of the ways of the hobnob :frown: But here begs the question: dunk or no dunk? :redface:

How many hours of work a week do you end up doing?

Hahaha fair enough, I think I may have to play that one...don't want them to think I'm too much of a party pooper :frown:

Well, good luck with that decision - what are your other options? So you get to choose your rooms? No such luxury at St. Edmund Hall...and I suppose a decent room can make rather a substantial amount of difference in how much one enjoys one's year.

Wow. That's going to be a lot of commitment; I commend you for your bravery.

I guess I do between fifty and sixty hours of work a week, really - between seven and eight a day.

Thank you for your forgiveness. :redface: I don't mind them, but they're not my first choose. And one has to dunk, naturally. :holmes:

Oh, anybody who is worth knowing won't give a damn that you don't drink/don't come out on Freshers Week. At least, I made a fairly solid group of drinking friends and I used to have a few good non-drinking friends. Don't let it bother you. Just state your position firmly and let them deal with it.
Me and our southern ways, anywhere north of Gloucester seems North to us... :confused:

Right. If you meet your offer then your gift from me will be a map of the Midlands. As far as distance goes, Notts is around half an hour on the train from Leicester but yes it is further up North than Leicester. It's basically like a vertical line...
Umm, mind if I join you guys?

xD
Original post by KingMessi
Well, good luck with that decision - what are your other options? So you get to choose your rooms? No such luxury at St. Edmund Hall...and I suppose a decent room can make rather a substantial amount of difference in how much one enjoys one's year.

Wow. That's going to be a lot of commitment; I commend you for your bravery.

I guess I do between fifty and sixty hours of work a week, really - between seven and eight a day.

Thank you for your forgiveness. :redface: I don't mind them, but they're not my first choose. And one has to dunk, naturally. :holmes:

Oh, anybody who is worth knowing won't give a damn that you don't drink/don't come out on Freshers Week. At least, I made a fairly solid group of drinking friends and I used to have a few good non-drinking friends. Don't let it bother you. Just state your position firmly and let them deal with it.

You choose types of rooms, not specific ones. Just hope the bed's big enough and I have enough room for the books and the telly, and I'll be made. :smile:

Haha, I do sometimes wonder what I'm letting myself into...but if you do EIGHT hours a day, then I guess I'll be fine too! :smile: how do you find the time to be social/relax and work?

Well, I'm not a massive fan of hot drinks, but I do love a good dunk. :smile: Unless it collapses and I can't fish it out. :frown:

Yeah, I hope so. I'm a bit apprehensive, I'm not so good with my ways with words. :mad: Guess I'll just have to try and try again until I find some people. :smile: Can't wait for society joining though!
Original post by YThursday

xD

What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by runningraccoon
Bunch of pussies...

Well you are what you eat...
:colone:
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
Right. If you meet your offer then your gift from me will be a map of the Midlands. As far as distance goes, Notts is around half an hour on the train from Leicester but yes it is further up North than Leicester. It's basically like a vertical line...

I have to follow the coast to find anywhere >.< I swear if I lived in like Switzerland, I'd just curl up and hope someone can drive me there...

[INDENT]

xD

Welcome! :smile: Hot beverage? :smile:
Original post by Sannn
Well you are what you eat...
:colone:

Oh dear :colone:

xD

Marhaba!
Reply 69
Oh dear :colone:

:angel: Meaning?
Anyone going to Uni in London?
Original post by Sannn
:angel: Meaning?

What have you been eating exactly?
Original post by xxSherlockxx
What are you studying? :smile:

I've firmed Sheffield and insured York for Theoretical Physics xD

Welcome! :smile: Hot beverage? :smile:

Thanks! I'm not much of a tea drinker, but Cappuccinos are much appreciated. As is caramel hot chocolate :biggrin:

Marhaba!

Not a linguist so I googled it. Thanks!

I too am nervous that all my flat will be the partying type and that I will be left on my own. I guess there isn't much point in worrying about it now, we'll only know what happens when it happens :smile:
Hi everyone :hello:
Original post by xxSherlockxx
Anyone going to Uni in London?

I am! First year student, going to second year next year. :smile:
Reply 75
Any Bristol firmers here? c:
I've firmed Sheffield and insured York for Theoretical Physics xD

Thanks! I'm not much of a tea drinker, but Cappuccinos are much appreciated. As is caramel hot chocolate :biggrin:

I too am nervous that all my flat will be the partying type and that I will be left on my own. I guess there isn't much point in worrying about it now, we'll only know what happens when it happens :smile:

Hot chocolate makes you automatically an awesome person, so you are forgiven. :P the question is: dunk or no dunk? :redface:

Do you plan on joining many societies? :smile:

There's no point all in worrying :smile: and even if your flatmates are not like you there are still plenty of people to get to know and make friends with on your course! :smile:
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Hi there :smile: Occasional drinker over here. Never been drunk, don't see the fun in it. Newcastle Uni for me!

Hey, totally agree with your way of thinking.

And hopefully I'll be going Newcastle (I'm still desperately waiting for a reply :frown:)

I've applied to study Mechanical engineering. You?
Original post by SecretDuck
I am! First year student, going to second year next year. :smile:

Oh where are you and what are you studying? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest