The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Accounting and Finance September 2013

Just wanted to see if anyone else is doing this course in September ? What accomodation are you planning to stay at ? Anything else involved aswell
Reply 1
Original post by Oliver1234
Just wanted to see if anyone else is doing this course in September ? What accomodation are you planning to stay at ? Anything else involved aswell

I will hopefully, might go Briarfields or Daisy Bank.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Sorayah
I will hopefully, might go Briarfields or Daisy Bank.

I havnt really seen a lot of people on here doing it so thought I'd see ! I did my accommodation today and put down cambridge for my 1st choice cause ive heard its class , briarfields as second then Victoria hall and daisy bank ! I really want cambridge though
Reply 3
I havnt really seen a lot of people on here doing it so thought I'd see ! I did my accommodation today and put down cambridge for my 1st choice cause ive heard its class , briarfields as second then Victoria hall and daisy bank ! I really want cambridge though

Lol just finished applying for it now, haven't applied for Cambridge though.
Daisy Bank, Oxford and Briarfields twice :biggrin:
You've been to MMU yet ?
Reply 4
Original post by Sorayah
Lol just finished applying for it now, haven't applied for Cambridge though.
Daisy Bank, Oxford and Briarfields twice :biggrin:
You've been to MMU yet ?

I want to go somewhere where there's a few people sharing and cambridge it's 5 or 10 so that's why I put it
No I haven't been which is a bit **** seen as I live pretty close ! But oh well ill have to just look at a few pictures and hope for best :smile:
Just want it to come close college is shocking now and could do with a change
Reply 5
I want to go somewhere where there's a few people sharing and cambridge it's 5 or 10 so that's why I put it
No I haven't been which is a bit **** seen as I live pretty close ! But oh well ill have to just look at a few pictures and hope for best :smile:

Yeah, the Business School is amazing !
Lol I just want an en-suite that's why lol :biggrin:
Reply 6

im moving in to second year for accounting and finance..1st year is pretty much a walk in the park and the business sch is really nice ..my year was the 1st to move in last year in to the building:-)
Reply 7
Original post by Sorayah
Yeah, the Business School is amazing !
Lol I just want an en-suite that's why lol :biggrin:

im moving in to second year for accounting and finance..1st year is pretty much a walk in the park and the business sch is really nice ..my year was the 1st to move in last year in to the building:-)
Reply 8
Original post by rizzl8

Seen as youve been ill ask your opinion . I got ABB in my A levels and dont know whether to go to manchester met this year or go sheffield uni next year or even try at manchester uni. Is it a good course , and how employable are manchester met accounting graduatates any help appreciated thanks
Reply 9
Original post by rizzl8

Aww that's lovely
Do you have any books I can use ? And any hints or tips ?
I'm doing accounting and finance in September:smile: haven't got my accommodation yet but I applied for briarfields, Cambridge, daisy bank and Oxford court x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Seen as youve been ill ask your opinion . I got ABB in my A levels and dont know whether to go to manchester met this year or go sheffield uni next year or even try at manchester uni. Is it a good course , and how employable are manchester met accounting graduatates any help appreciated thanks

Well to be frank;Man met teaching is S*** ,i only choose because they offer a placement year and has cheaper fees than Man uni . Your first year results do count in securing a placement year with a reputable company which will stand you good stead in the future. I dont really think it matters which uni you graduate from as long as you work hard and its recognised.

The course itself doesn't demand much commitment..i only started revising in the last 5 weeks before exams and came out with a great results considering i went out most days and attended minimalistic lectures.

Not sure what the stats are on employability
Reply 12
Original post by Sorayah
Aww that's lovely
Do you have any books I can use ? And any hints or tips ?

I have all the books needed for first year if you want to take them off me ?

id say attend all workshops cos they are more hands on and better teaching.

Dont attend lectures cos everythings recorded and online !hehe Lol
Reply 13
Original post by rizzl8
I have all the books needed for first year if you want to take them off me ?

id say attend all workshops cos they are more hands on and better teaching.

Dont attend lectures cos everythings recorded and online !hehe Lol

Yes I would love to !
That's good, and how often are the workshops ?
Reply 14
Original post by Sorayah
Yes I would love to !
That's good, and how often are the workshops ?

there are 4 each week and you go over material taught in lectures ..what grades are they accepting this year?
Reply 15
Original post by rizzl8
there are 4 each week and you go over material taught in lectures ..what grades are they accepting this year?

BCC / BBC

I got BCC 3UMS (Roughly one or two marks) away from BBC and the B very close to an A :frown:
Do you think it will affect me on placement year/ internships ?
Reply 16
Original post by Sorayah
BCC / BBC

I got BCC 3UMS (Roughly one or two marks) away from BBC and the B very close to an A :frown:
Do you think it will affect me on placement year/ internships ?

yeah it shouldn't really be an issue , but if you want a really good placement just make sure you get a top grade in your first year cos it will be based on that..tbh its not even difficult to get a 1st..
Reply 17
Original post by rizzl8
yeah it shouldn't really be an issue , but if you want a really good placement just make sure you get a top grade in your first year cos it will be based on that..tbh its not even difficult to get a 1st..

That's lovely ! Are the lecturers supportive, do they explain well etc.
And how long is it from Daisy Bank halls to All Saints roughly ?

Thanks for all the replies btw
Reply 18
Original post by Sorayah
That's lovely ! Are the lecturers supportive, do they explain well etc.
And how long is it from Daisy Bank halls to All Saints roughly ?

Thanks for all the replies btw

hey its kool. Some lecturers are ok , some you wont understand. I probably learnt more myself than i did at uni.
I have no idea. Shouldn't be more than 10 mins cos its on campus.Im living out this year so not quite familiar with the surroundings.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending