The Student Room Group

big breasts problems

hi,

so i am 18 and have a rather large breasts (tbh one of the biggest in the sixth form) and sometimes it causes me a lot trouble. finding a bikini is beyond ridiculous, most dresses are out of the question, usually dont zip up my jacket because i cant (although it fits when i buy). its crazy.

i'm going on holiday with my mates in 2 months and i can already tell i will feel a bit uncomfortable at the beach. one of my mates already joked that i will have something to show off!

do you feel comfortable with what size you have?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know how you feel being busty can be a bit if a problem sometimes. But there are special shops which you can buy bikinis for your breast size. You do get a lot of unwanted attention from them but you have to embrace what you have and learn to live with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
i'm trying to get used to the attention but its not that easy. i hope i can find a nice bikini soon :smile:)
Know that feeling well lol. Went on holiday with my friends and got the same sort of comments.
Just make sure you find a bikini with a decent top even if that means paying a bit more.
Look at getting underwired tops or at least ones with thick bands and straps to make it more 'secure'.
You could always try drawing attention away from your chest by carefully choosing the bikini style and wearing patterned bottoms and a solid colour top, little tricks like that.
Embrace your curves :biggrin: so many girls would kill for them I assure you
I know how the OP feels. I wont say how big mine are but I long for a boob reduction. Women always say how they want a boob job but they havent a clue as to what all the implications are of having large boobs are. You cant find clothes that fit, its like hens teeth! When you do find 'specially tailored' tops, its very expensive. Bras are expensive and suplliers of my size are few and far between. Esp sports bras! Jogging aint fun, I will tell you that. I couldgo on :frown:
Hey I'm 15 and have large breasts. 36K, its a nightmare getting dresses and stuff too, especially to do with my school uniform. Bravissmo is a good shop that have nice clothes and underwear suited for larger breasted girls.
I have had a lot of confidence problems too as I always feel that people judge when they look at you. But I have started to learn to just embrace what I have.
So I would say that just ignore any looks, and remember if you've got it, flaunt it lol.
I hope this helped in a way:smile:.
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

so i am 18 and have a rather large breasts (tbh one of the biggest in the sixth form) and sometimes it causes me a lot trouble. finding a bikini is beyond ridiculous, most dresses are out of the question, usually dont zip up my jacket because i cant (although it fits when i buy). its crazy.

i'm going on holiday with my mates in 2 months and i can already tell i will feel a bit uncomfortable at the beach. one of my mates already joked that i will have something to show off!

do you feel comfortable with what size you have?

I know what you mean... I have 36DD, one of the biggest among my friends... Finding a dress for my January's prom was a nightmare as if they fit in breasts it looked terribly loose anywhere else...

I used to be mad about having big breasts. My sister is always saying "Get off!" when I try to hug her... And so many guys look at them rather than in the eyes while talking... Running is hell...

But despite all the drawbacks I learnt to really like myself the way I am :smile: I got used to it. Embrace your curves, as someone already said! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Bravisimo is specifically for bigger boobs, they have clothes and stuff the only problem is that it's quite expensive, but you could go in and talk to them about advice they can give while you pretend you wonna buy something :smile: they are usually really helpful.

You can also find bras that make your boobs look smaller and still give you support at these places :smile:

I have the sane problem as you, I'm sure we think people are looking more than they actually do, and if they do look its their problem, not yours :biggrin: it's normal for everyone to feel self conscious for many reasons, so I'm sure everyone else will think that other people are judging them so no one has time to judge others, if you get what I'm saying :biggrin:
Reply 8
Bravissimo is excellent, they offer bikinis and other things you might need as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
3sxx56.jpg
Reply 10
Hey I'm 15 and have large breasts. 36K, its a nightmare getting dresses and stuff too, especially to do with my school uniform. Bravissmo is a good shop that have nice clothes and underwear suited for larger breasted girls.
I have had a lot of confidence problems too as I always feel that people judge when they look at you. But I have started to learn to just embrace what I have.
So I would say that just ignore any looks, and remember if you've got it, flaunt it lol.

:eek:

How is that even possible?
Reply 11
I used to hate mine when I was younger but it doesn't really bother me anymore.

The key is finding the right bra size and a bra that fits properly. Go to somewhere like Bravismo or Leia to get measured, their staff are really helpful. You can also order online from Brastop, their bras are quite cheap and they offer a good range of sizes including smaller back sizes.

You also have to find a style that suits you. I don't really wear tops anymore a they aren't tailored enough and I usually end up looking fat in them (I'm a size 8 and I have 30FF). Even clothes from places like Pepperberry don't fit me properly as my waist is really small so the clothes look baggy on me. I often find dresses in places like Dorothy Perkins and Oasis though. If you're skinny then fitted dresses will probably look best. I never buy low cut dresses/ tops as I wouldn't feel comfortable in them. I don't generally get a lot of comments about my boobs and I don't get a lot of people starring at them either. If you dress the right way, you won't draw a lot of attention to them.
Original post by danny111

Trust me I didn't think it was possible too.
Reply 13
i have brought a dress for my 18th with beads etc on the top from Lipsy, there was no clevage so it was all hidden away. best decision i've made :smile:

and 36k is possible, my friend is i think is the same size and she always shops in bravisimo and gets all fitted etc
Reply 14

Do you get much back pain? I can't imagine having a K cup :redface: I'm an E/F and I find them a bit heavy at times. I have a friend who is a H cup and she says they're an absolute pain. I was a DD up until a year ago or so, and I must say finding bras in store above DD is annoyingly difficult.
Reply 15
Original post by danny111

LOL first guy in this thread
The girl in my avatar has the same problem.
Reply 17
OP embrace your size, i'm sure loads of girls would kill to have larger breasts.
I've had the same problems - jackets look stupid zipped up and it took ages to find a good bikini (i was jealous i couldn't fit into the cute ones from topshop). But be happy with what you have!
With me, its mainly that my boobs are too large for my frame cos i'm naturally skinny - people think they're fake lol :frown:
Reply 18
Getting a breast reduction is like slapping god in the face for giving u a beautiful gift.
Original post by jaydoh
The girl in my avatar has the same problem.

OMG did someone on TSR do that?

Quick Reply

Latest