The Student Room Group

Cash-in-code?

Hi...this might sound incredibly dumb, but what's a cash-in-code for Edexcel A Levels? :biggrin: The requirements for an Edexcel Award last time was 4 A's in A Levels in one sitting, and when I called them and asked about it, they said as long as I cash-in all together after my A2, it's counted as one sitting even if I divide my sessions between Jan 14, May 14 and Jan 15.

So yes, what is it? :tongue:
Reply 1
A levels are modular. When you cash in you are asking the examiner to combine your unit results and award you an overall qualification grade.

It's normal to do this when you complete the required units for AS and then again when you complete the units for a full A level. UK state school students will have this done automatically for the end of each academic year. Private candidates have to request the exams officer to do it for them (usually when they make the exam entries).
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
A levels are modular. When you cash in you are asking the examiner to combine your unit results and award you an overall qualification grade.

It's normal to do this when you complete the required units for AS and then again when you complete the units for a full A level. UK state school students will have this done automatically for the end of each academic year. Private candidates have to request the exams officer to do it for them (usually when they make the exam entries).

Okay, so do I have to cash-in after my AS and then again after my A2, or can I just cash-in all together after my A2?
Reply 3
Original post by You-know-who
Okay, so do I have to cash-in after my AS and then again after my A2, or can I just cash-in all together after my A2?

If you are a UK state school student you have no choice.
If you are a private school or international candidate you should ask the institution to explain their policy.
If you are a private candidate it's up to you. You have to tell the exams officer who does your entries what you want them to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi...this might sound incredibly dumb, but what's a cash-in-code for Edexcel A Levels? :biggrin: The requirements for an Edexcel Award last time was 4 A's in A Levels in one sitting, and when I called them and asked about it, they said as long as I cash-in all together after my A2, it's counted as one sitting even if I divide my sessions between Jan 14, May 14 and Jan 15.

So yes, what is it? :tongue:

January exams have been abolished so your plan will not be possible.

As long as you cash-in all the A levels in the same exam season (probably Summer 2014 or Summer 2015) you will be fine. If you cash an AS or more in earlier that won't matter.
Reply 5
Original post by Data
January exams have been abolished so your plan will not be possible.

As long as you cash-in all the A levels in the same exam season (probably Summer 2014 or Summer 2015) you will be fine. If you cash an AS or more in earlier that won't matter.

Umm, no, I'm an international student, not from the UK...we still have the Jan session here. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
If you are a UK state school student you have no choice.
If you are a private school or international candidate you should ask the institution to explain their policy.
If you are a private candidate it's up to you. You have to tell the exams officer who does your entries what you want them to do.

I'm an international candidate. Thank you!
Reply 7
Umm, no, I'm an international student, not from the UK...we still have the Jan session here. :smile:

Are you sure? It's a recent change for the UK and last thing I heard it was likely but not certain that the January season would disappear for international students as well. I can't find a January 2014 GCE timetable on Edexcel's website.
Reply 8
Original post by Data
Are you sure? It's a recent change for the UK and last thing I heard it was likely but not certain that the January season would disappear for international students as well. I can't find a January 2014 GCE timetable on Edexcel's website.

Well I'm an international student studying A-levels in Spain, and they have scrapped the January 2014 exams in my 6th form as well.
Reply 9
Original post by Data

Original post by kevsamuel
Well I'm an international student studying A-levels in Spain, and they have scrapped the January 2014 exams in my 6th form as well.

I called both the British Council and the Edexcel branch here, and they both said we're still having exams in Jan 14. I think ours might be the last session though. But I'll still look around the websites for more info, thank you guys!

Quick Reply

Latest