The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Been trying since 9am!
Failure notice and now Maximum Logins Reached!
This is ridiculous:mad:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 41
Original post by Mum of 3
Been trying since 9am!
Failure notice and now Maximum Logins Reached!
This is ridiculous:mad:

I've got the same. This is an incredibly bad system, they should have anticipated thousands of logins simultaneously.
Reply 42
At last done!
Reply 43
At last done!

Did you just keep pressing the button to retrying it ? I'm still stuck on maximum logins :frown:
Reply 44
At last done!

When did you stop getting the max logins message? I'm still getting them, it's driving me crazy.
Reply 45
Literally just kept pressing the 'Try again ' button.

Good luck!
Reply 46
Original post by JoeWtkd
When did you stop getting the max logins message? I'm still getting them, it's driving me crazy.

Ive been trying since 9am and still cant get on!! Getting frustrated now especially if theres none left of my preference
Reply 47
Has anyone else got 'Authentication System Failure' ?
Reply 48
Original post by emilyn95
Ive been trying since 9am and still cant get on!! Getting frustrated now especially if theres none left of my preference

I'm back to getting the same error message I was getting an hour ago, after the whole Maximum Logins mess. It's really putting me off, this system is terrible.

[h="1"]Authentication System Failure[/h]There appears to be a problem with the authentication system used by this service. Please try again later. If this problem persists then please contact us for further assistance, quoting this error message.
Reply 49
Original post by Owniee

yeah -,-
Reply 50
Original post by Owniee

This was the first message we had at 9am.
Try logging in and out again.
Good luck!
Reply 51
This was the first message we had at 9am.
Try logging in and out again.
Good luck!

That brings back the maximum logins message.
Reply 52
Original post by JoeWtkd
That brings back the maximum logins message.

Finally got in! Don't understand why its so slow took me less than 2 mins to complete? Just keep pressing try again for about 5 mins continuously and you will get in.
Reply 53
I tried to log on and received the message that maximum logins had been reached. After repeatedly clicking try again, it said please wait and then an error message appeared, which read:

Authentication system failure.

After logging off and on, I'm back to the original maximum login message.

I sent a message with 'contact us' describing the problem, I may phone them up if it persists.

I really think they should get a better system, that doesn't take all day to get into.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 54
Finally got in!! Took about an hour of continually pressing the button, but I finally managed to apply. So if you're still getting Maximum logins error, just keep clicking try again! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Owniee
Is anyone else getting maximum logins reached?

yep, getting this now. Really annoying, can't seem to get through.
Reply 56
Finally managed to get in! Literally had to sit there for about 15 minutes clicking the button over and over. But you will still get in eventually... no indication of any of the accommodation being full yet
Reply 57
I just phoned the accommodations office at the uni and the woman on the phone firstly said that they had just upped the login limit, and secondly that they won't be removing any places as option today due to the sheer volume of applications they're getting. I still can't do it, but it's an improvement, I guess.
Reply 58
Original post by JoeWtkd
I just phoned the accommodations office at the uni and the woman on the phone firstly said that they had just upped the login limit, and secondly that they won't be removing any places as option today due to the sheer volume of applications they're getting. I still can't do it, but it's an improvement, I guess.

So effectively if the place has received max applications even though you choose it as first choice since it is full your next choice that is not full is the one that will be treated as your first choice. They might as well have removed it so you know you are not getting it.
Reply 59
If you manage to make your application please fill the poll.

Latest