The Student Room Group

Harper Adams Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Avolil
Me too! The lovely lady interviewing me said I definitely had her vote. I'll be so sad now if I don't get in!

Ahh thats awesome, then youve got the wonders of student finance to look forward to lol
Reply 161
Original post by mat13
Ahh thats awesome, then youve got the wonders of student finance to look forward to lol

Dont remind me! hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by Avolil
Cool, had my interview today btw! Went well! :biggrin:

Hey hope it went well & you get a place, See you there!
Reply 163
Original post by JDB24
Hey hope it went well & you get a place, See you there!

My fingers and toes are crossed haha :smile:
Reply 164
Im sure you will be fine if the interviewers on your side, better get some drinking practice in ready for freshers now!
Reply 165
Original post by mat13
Im sure you will be fine if the interviewers on your side, better get some drinking practice in ready for freshers now!

Hahaha oh god... Im not a good at handling my drink! I get drunk too fast!
Reply 166
Original post by Avolil
Hahaha oh god... Im not a good at handling my drink! I get drunk too fast!

At least nights out will be cheap then lol
Reply 167
Hey guys!! Hope you're interview went well!

I got an unconditional offer last week! I don't know whether I'm actually going though :frown:

good luck and hope you get a reply soon! I thought my interview went bad so you'll be fine!
Reply 168
Original post by MeganLG

I got an unconditional offer last week! I don't know whether I'm actually going though :frown:

good luck and hope you get a reply soon! I thought my interview went bad so you'll be fine!

Congratulations, I'd accept it unless you have other offers?
Reply 169
Original post by mat13
At least nights out will be cheap then lol

Yeahh silver lining and all that... Hahaha
Original post by MeganLG

CONGRATS on your offer! :smile: i still havent heard back yet :/ worried to the max now :frown: haha
Reply 171
Hi again guys. I could really do with some advice. I have had second thoughts abut going to uni full stop but now I'm back tracking again and wondering whether I should go. I've been accepted to study animal management and welfare. My main issues within going are as its such a long course, is it worth studying for five years for? Also, I am really close to my family and as stupid as this may sound, worried about getting lonely there (in a small room on my own etc) and being terribly home sick.

I really really don't know what to do. Any advice? Would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MeganLG
Hi again guys. I could really do with some advice. I have had second thoughts abut going to uni full stop but now I'm back tracking again and wondering whether I should go. I've been accepted to study animal management and welfare. My main issues within going are as its such a long course, is it worth studying for five years for? Also, I am really close to my family and as stupid as this may sound, worried about getting lonely there (in a small room on my own etc) and being terribly home sick.

I really really don't know what to do. Any advice? Would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, if you know exactly what career you are aiming for, the course will be worth it in the end! plus you get a years paid placement, meaning a year out in the industry, getting valuable experience! so you wont be in the books every year! i am also worried about being lonely, but everyone says its such a friendly campus, so it shouldnt be to bad! everyone gets homesick im sure, but everyone has a great time at uni!
Reply 173
Thanks :smile: I think I've decided to go. Scary but exciting! :biggrin:
Original post by MeganLG
Thanks :smile: I think I've decided to go. Scary but exciting! :biggrin:

Yeah, dont worry! its a great uni and is known well in the industry! time will fly in and sooner or later you will be graduated!
Reply 175
Reply 176
Right, I have another question and it may sound stupid. It says on the website that all things electrical need to be PAT tested. Do we get these PAT tested when we get to Harper or does it all have to be done before hand? I'm confused.
Original post by MeganLG
Right, I have another question and it may sound stupid. It says on the website that all things electrical need to be PAT tested. Do we get these PAT tested when we get to Harper or does it all have to be done before hand? I'm confused.

Not really sure about that one, they may inform us nearer the time i suppose, any idea what accommodation your applying for?
Reply 178
Ah okay. Self catered accommodation. I'm such a fussy eater and I've got no idea what kind of food it will be! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MeganLG
Ah okay. Self catered accommodation. I'm such a fussy eater and I've got no idea what kind of food it will be! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live near it and have eaten there before and I remember the food being decent, there're quite a lot of things I can't eat but there was always enough range for me to be able to avoid any of them there. Any questions about the general area feel free to ask, i've been in some of the accommodation too if that helps, although not self-catering

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest