The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by chernid
So I've just read that (50th Anniversary stuff)

Spoiler

Touché
HOW have I never seen this before?!
Reply 282
Original post by Abbieastoria
I actually never guessed that until the episode before it was revealed

I want Jenny back! They can't just have her fly off in a spaceship and never be seen again!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 283
Spoiler contains short synopsis for Series 7 Finale:

Spoiler

This spoiler contains a short synopsis of the 3 episodes leading up to the finale:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harrow.7

Spoiler

YES!!!! I hope this is true
And I feel we need full closure on the river-doctor relationship it doesn't feel over yet even though we've seen her first and last day as river

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Yoghurt
Spoiler contains short synopsis for Series 7 Finale:

Spoiler

This spoiler contains a short synopsis of the 3 episodes leading up to the finale:

Spoiler

Sounds good if it's true.
First pictures of filming for 50th anniv.:

Spoiler

Reply 287
Does anyone know when during the year the 50th anniversary special will be released. Also, is it going to be aired on TV or is a cinema release? :smile:
Reply 288
Original post by Gavin.
Does anyone know when during the year the 50th anniversary special will be released. Also, is it going to be aired on TV or is a cinema release? :smile:

It'll air on the 23rd of November. As far as I'm aware it'll air on TV, but will be shown at the same time in cinemas.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

Spoiler

Oh yes - sorry I forgot! But Matt Smith has signed on to the next series anyway so probably not.
Original post by Feefifofum
The following doesn't have anything that'll spoil it for you, but might spoil things for other people...

Spoiler

Spoiler

The last episode had a good plot but Matt Smith ruins things by trying to be all wacky and eccentric. It just doesn't work. Makes me cringe to watch. Cheese of the cheesiest variety.
Only.three.days!!!

matt.png
Reply 293
The first time i saw Dr Who's assistant on waterloo road, i knew she'd be in a real role one day. She's my favorite assistant so far.
Reply 294
Original post by MENDACIUM
The first time i saw Dr Who's assistant on waterloo road, i knew she'd be in a real role one day. She's my favorite assistant so far.

She was in Emmerdale for 4 years. If that's not a real role, I don't know what is.

That's not true, but to the masses to enjoy watching soaps it's a real role.
Reply 295
Original post by chernid
She was in Emmerdale for 4 years. If that's not a real role, I don't know what is.

That's not true, but to the masses to enjoy watching soaps it's a real role.

She was in Emmerdale?? I had no idea!
Reply 296
She was also in that horrible Titanic show.
Original post by chernid
It's a kid's show NOW. Matt Smith as the Doctor is too childish and stupid. When David Tennant played the Doctor, him being child-friendly was subtle, and you could tell that he was.

With Smith it's too overplayed and you're right, it's now a kid's show because most of the solutions to the problems (and saving the fricking world) is down to loving someone, it's ridiculous.

Blame the writing, not the actor.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I miss the days of our ridiculous theories and almost obsessive episode analysis and speculation. :moon:

:badger:

I do miss Doc.

Original post by fluteflute
50th Anniversary Spoiler:

Spoiler

Ohh. :frown:

What I wanted in the 50th Anniversary

Spoiler

Original post by montstar
I thought she remembered him in the Christmas episode, just before she died? I thought she said 'I remember', but maybe I'm mistaken. Does anyone have any theories on Clara?

Spoiler

Ok I'm done speculating now :biggrin:

Alternatively the idea that a director only ever directs the same movie, they just adapt it. In this case Moffat just decided that he would rewrite the same storyline.

Original post by Scienceisgood

Spoiler

Great theory though. =)

That was then, this is now.

Original post by ChocolateMelody
I don't think so…. that will be the end of doctor who and they won't cancel it now - not when it's more popular than it's ever been

It would just be the end of Matt Smith, not Doctor Who.
Original post by SirMasterKey

What I wanted in the 50th Anniversary

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 299
Original post by MENDACIUM
She was in Emmerdale?? I had no idea!

She played Jasmine Thomas I believe. For a brief time, she was the lesbian lover of Debbie Dingle. Internet it.

Quick Reply

Latest