The Student Room Group

What all do girls look for in a guy? Need Help

I know that am good looking and romantic and all.... but i'm still wondering that what all do girls want in a guy they want to date. My previous girlfriends never told me anything, but i was just wondering how on earth did they like me. Sounds dumb but i need an answer and please no rude comments. I wouldn't mind and mocks though.
We aren't all the same - we like different things :smile: sounds lame, but be yourself, there's no point in pretending to be something you aren't. Generally though, I think something we all agree on is a sense of humour and being a nice person in general.
Reply 2
Ok firstly looks are subjective. E.G one girl might find you attractive, where another one wouldn't.
Its hard to say as girls all have different "traits" they look for and I can't speak for them obviously but it's best just to be yourself and a girl that likes you for that will appreciate you even more.
Reply 3
Original post by ironandwine
We aren't all the same - we like different things :smile: sounds lame, but be yourself, there's no point in pretending to be something you aren't. Generally though, I think something we all agree on is a sense of humour and being a nice person in general.

I do have a sense of humor plus i believe am a nice person, thats what everyone says, but am still wondering why is it that i find it hard to communicate to most girls? I mean at one moment we talk as if we are best friends and the next thing you know we are strangers and do nothing except exchange 'Hi's...
Reply 4
Generally though, I think something we all agree on is a sense of humour and being a nice person in general.

Well, I'm screwed then.
Original post by rangeo54
I do have a sense of humor plus i believe am a nice person, thats what everyone says, but am still wondering why is it that i find it hard to communicate to most girls? I mean at one moment we talk as if we are best friends and the next thing you know we are strangers and do nothing except exchange 'Hi's...

Just don't let it dishearten you - you'll find someone :smile:

Original post by Treeroy
Well, I'm screwed then.

Well, you just made me laugh, so unless you're as bitter as can be, I'm sure you'll find someone :h:
Reply 6
Most girls want a triple threat - hot, nice and funny, usually if you've got that you should be okay, although these are really just guidelines and it differs from girl to girl.

When girls look for a guy to have a relationship with, some will also want for the guy not to have too much "past experience" as well ^_^

But beyond that, it's mostly about common interests, niceness, being a laugh and being reasonably attractive.
Reply 7
Original post by Caits7
Most girls want a triple threat - hot, nice and funny, usually if you've got that you should be okay, although these are really just guidelines and it differs from girl to girl.

When girls look for a guy to have a relationship with, some will also want for the guy not to have too much "past experience" as well ^_^

But beyond that, it's mostly about common interests, niceness, being a laugh and being reasonably attractive.

Hmmm :rolleyes: i see. Thanks a lot for your help! :adore: You I think I need more of girl friends than girlfriends. I think am stressing too much on being single. I just broke up a month ago and it was eating me. It was hard to get over but now when i realized am ready to get back on track this is where i came for help. I hope i do meet someone. After all I want a long term relationship. :heart:
personality is huge, someone who you can be yourself with...get your humour or make you laugh :smile:
being attractive is just a bonus :smile:
Reply 9
A good personality, sense of humour, looks all in that order :P x I look for a caring loving romantic kinda guy :smile: x I'd date you! X
It's not "what all girls look for". Girls are all different, just like guys are all different. Unless you're really lucky, you have to actually sift through a whole bunch of people to find the person you want to spend your life with.
Reply 11
Original post by canadamoose
It's not "what all girls look for". Girls are all different, just like guys are all different. Unless you're really lucky, you have to actually sift through a whole bunch of people to find the person you want to spend your life with.

I totally agree with you.... but don't you think thats a lot of time consuming? I would not mind waiting but still...
Original post by rangeo54
I totally agree with you.... but don't you think thats a lot of time consuming? I would not mind waiting but still...

It really depends on how high your standards are and how efficiently you look. You can date someone and realise after a week that they aren't right for you - yet a lot of people hate being single so much that they stay with these partners, who they know they have no future with. It's quite silly, to be honest. If you have really high standards, obviously you won't date as many people because you won't settle for anything less than what you want. It's more time consuming, but more successful.

I dated around for five years before I found the guy I wanted to be with for the rest of my life, and it was an entire fluke that I met him. I went through a few really great guys that just weren't for me, as well as one who made me reevaluate my standards. It'll happen for you as well, it'll just take time.
Reply 13
It really depends on how high your standards are and how efficiently you look. You can date someone and realise after a week that they aren't right for you - yet a lot of people hate being single so much that they stay with these partners, who they know they have no future with. It's quite silly, to be honest. If you have really high standards, obviously you won't date as many people because you won't settle for anything less than what you want. It's more time consuming, but more successful.

I dated around for five years before I found the guy I wanted to be with for the rest of my life, and it was an entire fluke that I met him. I went through a few really great guys that just weren't for me, as well as one who made me reevaluate my standards. It'll happen for you as well, it'll just take time.

I see :rolleyes:
Reply 14

He may have already found her! :smile: x
Reply 15
Lots of answers on this thread, might be useful. As you can see, everyone's pretty different.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2305981
Reply 16
Don't ask women what they look for in a man, ask a man who's had a lot of experience with women.

You don't ask the fish how to catch it, you ask the fisherman.
A chocolate penis that ejaculates money.
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
A chocolate penis that ejaculates money.

I think you're talking about the guy from the Lynx ad :lolz:
Reply 19
Well, you just made me laugh, so unless you're as bitter as can be, I'm sure you'll find someone :h:

I'm not bitter, I'm just not nice. 'Anice' might be a good made-up word to use. Being nice tends towards being dishonest - censoring yourself so that people don't get offended. I don't like that.

Of course, if I'm actually happy about something, then I'll show it, but I wouldn't at all describe myself as nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending