The Student Room Group

Did the date go well??

ok so I went on a first date with a guy last night, we've been texting for around 2 months since we met in a club, the texting sort of started out like every couple of days but recently it has been everyday..so last night he finally asked me to meet up and we went for a spin in his car and then parked somewhere and just talked.

I'm just freaking out now cause I don't know if it went well or not...as we've been texting quite alot we have this like joke thing going that we are both right about everything so the basically the whole time we were together we spent it joking about this and kissing alot! Which i guess is good but i worry that maybe he wanted to get into more of a proper conversation and we didnt really :/ when he left me back to my car we kissed a bit more and me being a girl I hardly wanted to say so text me or whatever when i was leaving (cause i dont want to sound really forward, I'd rather leave that to him) so he then said sure text me when you get home..so i did..just a short message i.e. home safe, hope you got hope ok without getting lost (joke from earlier) and ended saying: yeah so you're wrong then lol (again a joke from earlier), he got back to me saying good :smile: nah home and in bed and all! never wrong think you know that yourself :-p lol alarm set for tomorrow :frown: enjoy your lie in, I'd say don't work too hard but don't think that'll happen lol nite x" so yeah i replied continuing with the joke and said nite aswell as he was clearly in bed.

I'm just worried incase he doesn't get back to me now..he is in work but i usually get a message around half one and so far i haven't..i think its good he texted me back last night because would you bother if you werent interested anymore? but he did say goodnight in his reply and hasnt talked to me today yet so was he just sending a text back to be polite? ohhh help! i'm really worried aswell that we were just play arguing and kissing most of the time and it didnt turn to any proper conversation, i also worry that im a crap kisser..ohhh help! does he still like me?
Reply 1
Anyone??
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone??

Sounds a bit like me haha give it some time maybe he's busy like you said and wants to actually think about what to text you rather than sending a two second text that you've been waiting for. Give it until tomorrow and if he hasnt replied try and put him out of your mind. Maybe when you least expect it he'll reply. He seems interested in you so try not to fret. Try to keep yourself busy!

I am in a sort of similar position :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by hollybanolly
Sounds a bit like me haha give it some time maybe he's busy like you said and wants to actually think about what to text you rather than sending a two second text that you've been waiting for. Give it until tomorrow and if he hasnt replied try and put him out of your mind. Maybe when you least expect it he'll reply. He seems interested in you so try not to fret. Try to keep yourself busy!

I am in a sort of similar position :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yey he replied a few hours ago there, you are definitely on to something with just giving it time and keeping busy lol. turns out he's off out to a concert tonight so I imagine he was getting ready for that and he also mentioned he had a busy day in work too.

It's crap tho how waiting for someone you like to get in touch can wreck your whole day! and as you said when I let it go out of my head for all of a minute to read some post on twitter..like the type that's written upside down lol..low and behold he replied..which is always the way with these things..i should know better!! especially since I have a ton of uni coursework to get done before the weekend comes along, one of which is a company report and my contact who was supposed to be me getting info has let me down so I'm in a bit of a pickle with that :/ but yeah it's not like I don't have more important things to be worrying about and getting on with

but it is so hard not letting these things affect your work..particularly when the last guy I was seeing which wasn't all that long ago..completely threw me through a loop and totally knocked my confidence and now with this guy when I think he isn't replying I get scared and convince myself that he doesn't like me and is going to do the same thing! but here's hoping things continue going good with him!

Oh no :frown: how so? It's annoying isn't it?

Oh no :frown: how so? It's annoying isn't it?

Glad he replied, hope it works out for you :smile:
I know exactly what you mean, it sometimes feels like your mood for the whole day depends on whether they text back haha but I think it might also be different for boys where sometimes they dont (well from my experience) they don't tend to have their phones attached to their sides...even though I look at my phone often I get into that frame of mind that I dont want to reply to quick as I dont want to seem too keen even though I am haha maybe they think the same..I hate mind games.
I made a thread about my problem haha I'll just paste the jist of it if you dont mind :smile:

"Last weekend I was out and met this guy, he was super lovely and unlike some guys I kiss on a night out he didnt ask me to come back to his that night. He took my number and I said jokingly, we should meet again and he was up for going for a meal the following thurs (thurs just gone).
I didn't text him, thought id wait for him to make the first move as I never know whether I come across eager but the following night I get a text from him and an add on fb.
Our texts last a few days in which he asks if im out bank holiday weekend. Which I said yes (no talk of this meal we said about- I dont mind as he's a really busy guy as he goes to uni an hour away from me but works full time (placement year) so this weekend he's only home for 4 days) we sort of say we'll see eachother in the club.
Thursday night we see eachother in the club dance a little and kiss. His mates said to me 'your bloke this' and 'your bloke that' they said he liked me and he said it too. As he doesn't see his friends much he took me away where we could talk and apologised that we didn't get chance to really see eachother as he wanted to see his friends. But asked if I was out last night which I said yes. I said bye and that was that.
Don't hear anything from him so I texted him last night asking if he had a good night thurs but no reply and in the end I didn't go out because my friends weren't going out so didnt see him. He's gone/going back today.

I fancy him, he said he liked me when we were out. I don't know what to do. I can't really send him another text seeing as though he didnt reply to my last text. I don't want to scare him off.
He seemed different but I don't k ow what to think anymore. Any advice? I am visiting where he lives to visit a friend in a couple of weeks not sure whether to say something about that and suggest meeting up?
Would you think that's being too desperate? If it was just a friend I wouldnt think twice"

Sorry for the super long post!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
ok so I went on a first date with a guy last night ... and kissing alot!

I've deleted all the unnecessary stuff - now you tell me, did it go well? :rolleyes:

Edit: So according to 'Who quoted me' I've been quoted in this thread four times now by some Anonymous, but there are no replies whatsoever ...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6

I fancy him, he said he liked me when we were out. I don't know what to do. I can't really send him another text seeing as though he didnt reply to my last text. I don't want to scare him off.
He seemed different but I don't k ow what to think anymore. Any advice? I am visiting where he lives to visit a friend in a couple of weeks not sure whether to say something about that and suggest meeting up?
Would you think that's being too desperate? If it was just a friend I wouldnt think twice"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :smile: i hope so too! Tho he hasn't replied again now lol but at least I know he's busy, in all fairness i'm pretty sure I wouldn't be texting anyone during a gig either and he has work again tomorrow so maybe didn't want to get into a big conversation after (ha look at me making excuses for him..I prob shouldn't be doing that but meh lol let's just hope he gets back to me tomorrow!) haha yes exactly! highly annoying stuff! but yeah you do have a point there when it comes to guys and their phones. and i'm exactly the same with the not wanting to be too eager thing and hate it aswell lol, I do find it funny though just from my and so many friends' experiences that there usually always is this thing of no-one wanting to be overly keen on both sides so instead everyone is really coy about it lol.

well from the sound of it, he definitely seems to like you, particularly as he said it himself and his friends said they liked you too and were talking to you etc (which I always think is a good sign) and because he made the effort to say he was sorry the two of you didn't really get any alone time.

My first guess is he is just busy at the minute with his placement and stuff, and he could still surprise you, (with the guy I'm texting, a few weeks back, he sometimes wouldn't reply for a few days, nearly a week at one point and I would think oh that's the end of that then and then he did get back to me, so you never know) I think I would wait and see if he replies to you for now. I know what you mean with you visiting where he will be, I would be the same, I'd want to go for it and just see if he fancies meeting but wouldn't want to scare him off at the same time lol..I think if you are going to text him about it tho, wait until the day or maybe the day before you are actually going there and just keep it very light an try and fit in the fact that you'll be going there like..well how are things? I'm heading down to your neck of the woods today/tomorrow..something like that. Or if you don't want to text him, maybe post on facebook: roadtrip to ...... tomorrow to visit .... and tag your friend in and hopefully he might see it?

definitely wouldn't worry too much, it does sound to me like he likes you but just is busy with placement and could be having trouble keeping up with contact with friends and family at home as well as new friends there and now a new romantic interest :smile: oh and he may also be doing the "I don't want to seem too keen" dance as well lol

Original post by Sir Fox
I've deleted all the unnecessary stuff - now you tell me, did it go well? :rolleyes:

lol ok yeah I see your point haha, but is it weird that we didn't talk about anything other than to tease each other for the entire hour and 45 mins or so? lol I'm also now worried again as he texted me earlier but hasn't replied since eightish but he was out at a gig and has work early so I guess maybe there wouldn't have been much point replying when he would have been going to sleep pretty soon after :/ but I might just be making excuses for him.. :sigh: I wish I didn't think about these things so much!
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :smile: i hope so too! Tho he hasn't replied again now lol but at least I know he's busy, in all fairness i'm pretty sure I wouldn't be texting anyone during a gig either and he has work again tomorrow so maybe didn't want to get into a big conversation after (ha look at me making excuses for him..I prob shouldn't be doing that but meh lol let's just hope he gets back to me tomorrow!) haha yes exactly! highly annoying stuff! but yeah you do have a point there when it comes to guys and their phones. and i'm exactly the same with the not wanting to be too eager thing and hate it aswell lol, I do find it funny though just from my and so many friends' experiences that there usually always is this thing of no-one wanting to be overly keen on both sides so instead everyone is really coy about it lol.

well from the sound of it, he definitely seems to like you, particularly as he said it himself and his friends said they liked you too and were talking to you etc (which I always think is a good sign) and because he made the effort to say he was sorry the two of you didn't really get any alone time.

My first guess is he is just busy at the minute with his placement and stuff, and he could still surprise you, (with the guy I'm texting, a few weeks back, he sometimes wouldn't reply for a few days, nearly a week at one point and I would think oh that's the end of that then and then he did get back to me, so you never know) I think I would wait and see if he replies to you for now. I know what you mean with you visiting where he will be, I would be the same, I'd want to go for it and just see if he fancies meeting but wouldn't want to scare him off at the same time lol..I think if you are going to text him about it tho, wait until the day or maybe the day before you are actually going there and just keep it very light an try and fit in the fact that you'll be going there like..well how are things? I'm heading down to your neck of the woods today/tomorrow..something like that. Or if you don't want to text him, maybe post on facebook: roadtrip to ...... tomorrow to visit .... and tag your friend in and hopefully he might see it?

definitely wouldn't worry too much, it does sound to me like he likes you but just is busy with placement and could be having trouble keeping up with contact with friends and family at home as well as new friends there and now a new romantic interest :smile: oh and he may also be doing the "I don't want to seem too keen" dance as well lol

Original post by Sir Fox

lol ok yeah I see your point haha, but is it weird that we didn't talk about anything other than to tease each other for the entire hour and 45 mins or so? lol I'm also now worried again as he texted me earlier but hasn't replied since eightish but he was out at a gig and has work early so I guess maybe there wouldn't have been much point replying when he would have been going to sleep pretty soon after :/ but I might just be making excuses for him.. :sigh: I wish I didn't think about these things so much!
Reply 8
Original post by Sir Fox

Edit: So according to 'Who quoted me' I've been quoted in this thread four times now by some Anonymous, but there are no replies whatsoever ...

Ha I'm only seeing this now..yeah I'm not sure what happened..but reply is finally up now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending