The Student Room Group

Finding it hard to concentrate?

I don't know whats wrong with me. I sit down ready to get some work done, 10 minutes in and i get distracted. It could be randomly staring into space, laptop etc. I usually study with my laptop as i use certain revision sites/YouTube tutorials to help me. It takes a while to get back into doing work and i end up not accomplishing anything.
I've tried revision timetables but i never follow them.

I don't feel i've done much work since Monday and its making me feel really bad. I don't want to fail but it's so hard to concentrate.
Any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Pink lipstick
I don't know whats wrong with me. I sit down ready to get some work done, 10 minutes in and i get distracted. It could be randomly staring into space, laptop etc. I usually study with my laptop as i use certain revision sites/YouTube tutorials to help me. It takes a while to get back into doing work and i end up not accomplishing anything.
I've tried revision timetables but i never follow them.

I don't feel i've done much work since Monday and its making me feel really bad. I don't want to fail but it's so hard to concentrate.
Any ideas?

I know what you mean. I've sat down now to study FP1 and I've just drifted onto my laptop.
Just try and use some scare tactics, e.g. seeing how many weeks it is til your first exam, and drum it into yourself that you NEED to revise. Or leave notes around the house, telling yourself to go revise.
I do this and it reminds me that I actually do need to knuckle down! :tongue:
That happens to me too, i work better when i know there's a deadline.
I literally did no revision in December and started doing an average of 6 hours a day and exams were about 3 weeks away and I came out with good results

I plan on starting my unit 4 exams today though to spread the workload
Reply 3
Original post by Nistar
I know what you mean. I've sat down now to study FP1 and I've just drifted onto my laptop.
Just try and use some scare tactics, e.g. seeing how many weeks it is til your first exam, and drum it into yourself that you NEED to revise. Or leave notes around the house, telling yourself to go revise.
I do this and it reminds me that I actually do need to knuckle down! :tongue:

aaaaaagh story of my lifeeeeeee..since college finished (last wednesday) all iv imanaged to do is write down evalution points on post it notes for 4 studies.THATS IT:s-smilie:
and iv got bloody 9 exams!1st one is the week after we get back(EMPA) then the proper one is on 21st may!!!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Rumaanaa
aaaaaagh story of my lifeeeeeee..since college finished (last wednesday) all iv imanaged to do is write down evalution points on post it notes for 4 studies.THATS IT:s-smilie:
and iv got bloody 9 exams!1st one is the week after we get back(EMPA) then the proper one is on 21st may!!!!!!

Haha keep going! I have my EMPA for Chemistry too soon, not too sure when. I'm going to try and storm this revision. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending