The Student Room Group

Applying to university question

how many subjects can you pick when you apply for university? I know you can only apply for 5 unis. But say if I wanted to apply for Spanish and then apply for Spanish Law in a different university would that be possible?
Yes, it's possible, you just need to make sure that your personal statement covers all the subjects you're applying for.
Original post by taniacr
how many subjects can you pick when you apply for university? I know you can only apply for 5 unis. But say if I wanted to apply for Spanish and then apply for Spanish Law in a different university would that be possible?

In theory, you can apply for whatever you want to - you could apply for 5 entirely different subjects at 5 different universities BUT it isn't advisable that you do so, because you can only submit a single personal statement which is then sent to every course you have applied for, and a personal statement has to show why you like your subject to be good, so it isn't ideal to be applying for entirely different subjects, but slight variation as you have described would be fine providing you can mention why it is that both aspects of the course would interest you. Saying that, some universities do ask for separate or additional personal statements sent to them directly if they know that their course is very different, for example I applied to four universities for identical courses (all English Language and Literature), but my fifth choice was to BA Liberal Arts, which has only been introduced as a new concept this year, and is also only offered at three universities in the country, so the university in question acknowledged this and gave me the opportunity to email them a second personal statement so that my main one could be focused around English.

Hope this helps! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending