Original post by ojj_12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeYDI4wdjQw

Jimmy Carr ..... making a joke.....

I suppose there's a first time for everything :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by jonty
Why would it be the employer's problem?

Afterall, it's you that approaches them and not the other way round

If I apply for a job and they want me, that's their choice to accept me. Equally, if I apply and they don't want me, it's their decision to reject me.
I am who I am and if an employer doesn't like that, then that's their issue. I probably wouldn't end up being comfortable in the job anyway, if I had to be someone I wasn't.

Original post by jonty
In this day and age, however, it's a matter of record that each and every position, no matter how menial, is hotly contested and you are expected to shine. Any blot on your copy book, no matter how trivial you consider it, could compromise your application. So be warned: be very careful what you write or publish on any internet or social networking site. It is all a matter of record.

You seem to be under the impression that I actually care.

Original post by jonty
Employers including most banks, Civil Service, Military, Police, British Airways, Social Work (Local Authority), Medicine including teaching, carry out preliminary checks with internet providers as a matter of course - whether or not you consider it appropriate - and it's surprising what can be gleaned about any of us from our electronic footprint.

Not only do I not care about this, and not want to work for any company even remotely related to the ones you mention, you're also talking babble. You're using language you don't understand - why on earth would an employer want to check with your ISP? To see what download speeds you get?

Original post by jonty
And why do you term an employer's vetting of a prospective employee 'discriminatory'?

You clearly don't understand what 'discrimination' means.

Original post by jonty
If you're an unsuitable or unsavoury individual, why should they bother with you? Surely if you don't cut the mustard you should be out; afterall, if you're a liability, and you muck up, it is they who bear the brunt for employing you in the first place, like it or not.

This is just quite entertaining now. You're rattling away about things that I never said, or even implied. I never said that you shouldn't be out if you "don't cut the mustard".
Reply 82
Original post by sabian92

I have no issue with Liverpudlians. my mum's family are ALL scouse, and by extension I'm half (my dad was born in Warrington so I'm a scouse-woolyback...yeah). In the 60's, they created new areas of towns (Birkenhead, Speke and Runcorn among others) then filled them with Liverpudlians that lived in Liverpool.

Birkenhead isnt a "new" town its been around since 1100s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by gemmam
Birkenhead isnt a "new" town its been around since 1100s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant Kirby I think. I was thinking of Birkenhead for some reason though haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
I meant Kirby I think. I was thinking of Birkenhead for some reason though haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Kirby is a new town. Saying that theres a few parts of Wirral that were rural but got made into urban areas in the 60s/70s to guess its the samething.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonty
Well you appear to, or why bother responding.

Grow up.

Jonty

If you think responding to a comment means I care about your opinion, you are a very deluded individual.
Grow a pair.
Reply 86
Original post by gemmam
Yeah Kirby is a new town. Saying that theres a few parts of Wirral that were rural but got made into urban areas in the 60s/70s to guess its the samething.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I meant haha, I don't go to Birkenhead that much so I don't know it very well.
Reply 87
That's what I meant haha, I don't go to Birkenhead that much so I don't know it very well.

Its ok. Like as you said in your earlier post most of these places tend to be pretty rough areas... one of them was designed so it could be easily blocked off it there was a riot :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Only if it is not too strong.
scouse accent in girls is really cute.. in guys i laugh my ass off..
Reply 90
Original post by jonty
Respectfully, my friend, with a post of that standard, I suspect the power of thought is beyond you :smile:

Jonty

Oh come on. I'm scouser myself and I have a scouse accent. It's the link I show people if they want to hear what a scouse accent sounds like because although I dislike Jimmy Carr; he did a pretty good job on The Graham Norton show. Relax dude. It wasn't exactly derogatory to scouser's...
Reply 91
I fail to see how their accent could make any difference unless they were utterly unintelligible.
Reply 92
Original post by Treeroy
If I apply for a job and they want me, that's their choice to accept me. Equally, if I apply and they don't want me, it's their decision to reject me.
I am who I am and if an employer doesn't like that, then that's their issue. I probably wouldn't end up being comfortable in the job anyway, if I had to be someone I wasn't.

You seem to be under the impression that I actually care.

Not only do I not care about this, and not want to work for any company even remotely related to the ones you mention, you're also talking babble. You're using language you don't understand - why on earth would an employer want to check with your ISP? To see what download speeds you get?

You clearly don't understand what 'discrimination' means.

This is just quite entertaining now. You're rattling away about things that I never said, or even implied. I never said that you shouldn't be out if you "don't cut the mustard".

Look, Treeroy, all I'll say is this: despite your cavalier approach to the prospect of employment and contemptuous remarks about some if not all of my pointers, you're fooling no one, not even yourself. This is something you obviously never considered.

Your naievity is lamentable although you'll probably laugh on forum at that too, but doubt me at your peril. It's up to you. You obviously still have much to learn.

Jonty
Reply 93
plazzie scally ladddd

Cringe
Reply 94
Original post by Deyesy
Oh come on. I'm scouser myself and I have a scouse accent. It's the link I show people if they want to hear what a scouse accent sounds like because although I dislike Jimmy Carr; he did a pretty good job on The Graham Norton show. Relax dude. It wasn't exactly derogatory to scouser's...

Apologies, Deyesy (Maghull reference?); I'll make an exception in this case :smile:

Note to all:

Merseysiders/Scousers are permitted to take the p*ss out of themselves and each other; nobody else is privileged. It's the law :wink:
Reply 95
Original post by College_Dropout
If you think responding to a comment means I care about your opinion, you are a very deluded individual.
Grow a pair.

Has been said before. :wink:

Jonty
I'm not particularly fond of the accent, so most probably not. There's just something incredibly irritating about it.
Reply 97
Original post by jonty
Look, Treeroy, all I'll say is this: despite your cavalier approach to the prospect of employment and contemptuous remarks about some if not all of my pointers, you're fooling no one, not even yourself. This is something you obviously never considered.

Your naievity is lamentable although you'll probably laugh on forum at that too, but doubt me at your peril. It's up to you. You obviously still have much to learn.

Jonty

My cavalier approach is because I'm not all that bothered about working. I already have a few guaranteed (yes, genuinely guaranteed) career options for when the time comes, and I'm not looking to work anywhere, unlike the impression you seem to be giving off. It comes down to this: if a company wants me, then great, and if they don't, then it probably wasn't the place for me.

If I'm happy with my life and have enough money to keep myself alive, then that suits me just fine. What I do in the rest of my life, in my leisure time, costs next to nothing.

And I have contempt for your post because some of it is just plain nonsense.
I love the scouse accent so yeah
Reply 99
Original post by Treeroy
My cavalier approach is because I'm not all that bothered about working. I already have a few guaranteed (yes, genuinely guaranteed) career options for when the time comes.......

Will those options still be available, Treeroy, if your benefactors learn of your "I'm not bovvered" attitude to work?

Even, if your benefactor is your father or relative or friend of the family, I can almost guarantee that you'll receive short shrift if you don't pull your weight. Even if you're a member of the Royal Family these days, you still won't get away with it.

Perhaps your prospective line of work is charity based - although from your lack lustre manner I sincerely doubt it - you'll soon be parting company as your ambivalence simply won't wash - and that's working for nowt.

No point in answering anymore of this, Treeroy, as we're just going round in circles, going off topic and boring the pants off everybody else in the process.

Jonty

Latest

Trending

Trending