The Student Room Group

Club Wear

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Troll Toll
Do you seriously not believe me? I don't remember but I think it was EQ/Forum or whatever it was called before then in Nottingham. But I would bet that you could do that with a student card in pretty much any student night there. Everyone gets in everywhere wearing pretty much whatever. Usually I wear the same kind of **** everyone else does, but I don't mind because at least my idea of fun isn't being told what to wear by some 18 stone skinhead in a trench coat. Seriously have you guys never been on a student night?? I guess maybe London is different/douchier but even so I would imagine the students don't dress up that much. I think I've seen like 3 people in my life get turned down from a club for dress code, and 2 of them weren't wearing any trousers so that's not exactly crazy strict.

Is the OP a student? Will he be going to student nights?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Original post by Lee R

I'm having a gap year and then going to Manchester (not metropolitan, the original one), so I'm guessing I might have student nights?

Original post by Lee R

Well he's posting on a student forum so yeah probably.
Original post by The Troll Toll
Well he's posting on a student forum so yeah probably.

Not everyone who uses the forums are students, though.

Anyway; dress smart casual and you can't go wrong really.

Original post by RedDevilinWales
Since you're looking to stick to the layered look, you could wear your jean with like a casual/sport shirt(preferably long sleeve) and a leather/leather-look jacket or a gilet or simply, just a good jacket. That should work. I'm usually a layered guy as well just because I like Henleys/Grandads and I feel they aren't exactly presentable on their own...(just my opinion)

I'm with you on the gilet idea. I have several and wear mine in all kinds of situations. In this case, I'd wear one over a shirt or long sleeve t-shirt. It's an awesome look if you can pull it off.
Fitted dark wash jeans and a sparkly top! Heels do look better, but aren't necessary if they're going to make you miserable all night. I know how you feel about your arms: I'm the same, but I do think a lot of shorter sleeves draw attention to that area, so I'd wear a blazer over a sleeveless top instead.
I've been to a handful of clubs in Manchester, and all of them were ok with hoodie/jumper and jeans. My mate even got in wearing 3/4s as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending