The Student Room Group

6 hours of revision daily

It's for A-levels, just for the Easter holidays. Sometimes I stretch it to 8, is it too much? Too little?

6 exams, all in May

(There may have been some confusion to whether it's just a straight 6 hour day but I do take regular breaks, and the subjects I do require vast amounts of detailed knowledge as well.)

WAIT WHEN DID MY THREAD GET SPONSERED BY GET REVISING? (Sorry, just had to say)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
It's for A-levels, just for the Easter holidays. Sometimes I stretch it to 8, is it too much? Too little?

It depends how many exams you're actually doing in the summer, and if you're feeling good about what you're doing now, then keep doing it, if you feel drained after every revision session, then do less hours :smile:
It can't exactly do you any harm. I just wish I had your work ethic...
Reply 3

6 exams, all in May

How many exams do you have?
Original post by andy511
How many exams do you have?

6 :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by CurtainrailMan
It can't exactly do you any harm. I just wish I had your work ethic...

Tell me about it. I've wasted a large portion of today doing absolutely nothing.
Reply 6
I have 7 exams between 13th May 3rd June, I have little work ethics and I am doing 2-3 hours a day ATM (in the easter holidays) spending most of my days playing football or watching Heros (so god damn addictive)
I got AABE in Jan after being predicted CCCC so Im quite please, and I only did 2 hours a day for 2 weeks up untill the exam.
I know I need to do more, but ill slowly build up the time I spend day by day, hopefully picking up more motivation

6 exams, all in May

I do around the same hours. 6.5 today.

On an hour break and hoping I can pull off another 1.5-2 hour.

And yes you're doing fine! I think as human being it is impossible to do anything more than 8-10 hours. Well at least thats the case for me.
6 :smile:

Which exams, out of curiosity?

personally, I'd be doing about 4-5 hours a day if I had 6 exams (because I'm lazier than you and have a worser work ethic :colondollar:) but hey more is better :smile:
I'm trying to average 4 hours per day
you shouldn't do long revision sessions, you should do 15 minutes, then do something else, then another 15 minutes. It can add up to 6 hours, but don't do it in large chunks, won't go in.
I am currently doing 4-6 hours

But from now on I am gonna do 8 hours
Reply 12

6 exams, all in May

That's a long time. I studied about 2 - 3 hours, but I took little breaks in between.

I think what's more important is that the revision you do is effective. But 6 hours is a commendable well done having the discipline.
Reply 13
Jesus, I've never revised for that long ever haha!
If you can do it then go for it, it will surely pay off!
I'd personally go crazy I think :P
Reply 14
employers don't care about a levels, why waste your childhood?
Reply 15
Original post by Enavor
That's a long time. I studied about 2 - 3 hours, but I took little breaks in between.

I think what's more important is that the revision you do is effective. But 6 hours is a commendable well done having the discipline.

Just out of interest, what grades did you aqquire?
Reply 16
Original post by FloydRix
employers don't care about a levels, why waste your childhood?

But UNIs do
Reply 17
Original post by calm down
Just out of interest, what grades did you aqquire?

I didn't do A levels, I did Highers and Advanced Highers.

I got AAAAC (english doesn't count lol), and AAB

MChem Student at Edinburgh University.

I studied throughout the year and I didn't leave it to the last month.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Enavor
I didn't do A levels, I did Highers and Advanced Highers.

I got AAAAC (english doesn't count lol), and AAB

MChem Student at Edinburgh University.

I studied throughout the year and I didn't leave it to the last month.

Same I do 2 hours a night, and will continue to do so, glad to hear it works :cool:
Reply 19
I usually go for 25 hours a day, but sometimes I can slip to 18-20

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending