University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Firmers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Warwick course you're firming - English Literature and Creative Writing
Grades you need - 36 with a 6 in HL English
Where you're picking as Insurance - York
Comments - I've wanted to go to Warwick, ever since I went to the open day last year so I'm really pleased (:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
Original post by brittanna
Warwick course you're firming - Mathematics
Grades you need - A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Distinction in AEA or A*AA + 1 in STEP
Where you're picking as Insurance - Kings College London
Comments - I really hope I get in - it looks like such a nice place to be :smile:. Although I have no idea how I am going to manage to meet the STEP/ AEA requirement :s-smilie:.

Forgive me for sounding like a moron, but what does AEA stand for? :/
Original post by JRChapman
Forgive me for sounding like a moron, but what does AEA stand for? :/

Advanced extension award. It's just another maths exam based on C1, C2, C3 and C4.
Reply 43
Advanced extension award. It's just another maths exam based on C1, C2, C3 and C4.

Thanks! Do you know how much it helps an applicant?
Thanks! Do you know how much it helps an applicant?

That depends, which subject did you apply to study?
Warwick course you're firming:
Philosophy, Politics, Economics

Grades you need:
French baccalaureate: 15 overall

Insurance:
Durham

Comments:
After being rejected from lse, I'm hesitating between going to warwick or staying in France since I could go to the best "classe preparatoire" in France. I am planning to visit warwick and i do believe it will help me make a decision

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 46
That depends, which subject did you apply to study?

Economics, hopefully at a 'top' uni... I'm currently looking for ways to make up for my poor GCSE grades :/
Economics, hopefully at a 'top' uni... I'm currently looking for ways to make up for my poor GCSE grades :/

I doubt taking STEP or AEA would be particularly beneficial in terms of meeting or getting an offer. But if you like maths, then you could always take one of them for fun (depending on how confident you are with maths).
Reply 48
I doubt taking STEP or AEA would be particularly beneficial in terms of meeting or getting an offer. But if you like maths, then you could always take one of them for fun (depending on how confident you are with maths).

I'm currently taking A-level maths and further maths; would this be enough to prepare me for and AEA, or is the material involved completely different? Thanks
Reply 49
I'm currently taking A-level maths and further maths; would this be enough to prepare me for and AEA, or is the material involved completely different? Thanks

It's based on the core modules in maths but the difficulty is harder. It would definitely be worth working through past papers to prepare.
Reply 50
Original post by Part A
Warwick course you're firming - International Management
Grades you need - AAA
Where you're picking as Insurance - UCL
Comments - Love Warwick, wanted to go there since I was 16. Absolutely love the course, can't wait...bring it!

I'm thinking of firming International Business but I'm not too sure! And I've wanted to go to Warwick since I was 16 too :biggrin: amazing uni
Reply 51
Original post by Devina-S
I'm thinking of firming International Business but I'm not too sure! And I've wanted to go to Warwick since I was 16 too :biggrin: amazing uni

Do it! I wanted to apply for that but I didn't do Spanish at A-Level. Planning on taking some classes when I'm there though, I heard it's quite flexible. What grades do you need?
Reply 52
Original post by Part A
Do it! I wanted to apply for that but I didn't do Spanish at A-Level. Planning on taking some classes when I'm there though, I heard it's quite flexible. What grades do you need?

AAA, but I'm struggling to hit the A in Spanish...maintaining a B grade which sucks. Always a few marks off! Not sure whether to firm Warwick or accept Birmingham's unconditional :/
Reply 53
Warwick course you're firming - Economics
Grades you need - 95% at the Romanian Baccalaureate including 95% in Maths
Where you're picking as Insurance - UCL
Comments - Just firmed it today. Now freaking I won't get the grades. :eek:
Reply 54
AAA, but I'm struggling to hit the A in Spanish...maintaining a B grade which sucks. Always a few marks off! Not sure whether to firm Warwick or accept Birmingham's unconditional :/

Just my two cents but Warwick is >> Birmingham, both reputation-wise and teaching-wise for business. I don't really pay attention to rankings much but it's always in the top 3, I've talked to a lot of people who said its probably #1 in the UK (which I agree with, I can only think of LSE and Bath that really match up in terms of undergrad but LSE doesn't have a dedicated business school like Warwick and Bath)

An unconditional is tempting though..
(edited 10 years ago)
Yay other people who are going to Warwick! :tongue:

Warwick course you're firming: Mechanical Engineering (3 years although intending to switch to 4 years once I'm there)

Grades you need: AAB (The 4 year course was AAA and I'm not confident that I'll get an A in physics as I got a b last year in AS, A* in Maths and just need A in FMaths!)

Where you're picking as Insurance: Exeter

Comments: So happy to have received an offer from there! Been to an offer holders open day and it's such a nice place!
Reply 56
Warwick course you're firming - Accounting and Finance
Grades you need - AAA including Maths and Economics + B at a fourth AS
Where you're picking as Insurance - Nottingham
Comments - Soooooo excited! Fell in love with this uni ever since I first visited. :smile:

What accomodation is everyone thinking of applying for? I'm probably going with Heronbank as 1st choice and Westwood 2nd.
Reply 57
Original post by Part A
Just my two cents but Warwick is >> Birmingham, both reputation-wise and teaching-wise for business. I don't really pay attention to rankings much but it's always in the top 3, I've talked to a lot of people who said its probably #1 in the UK (which I agree with, I can only think of LSE and Bath that really match up in terms of undergrad but LSE doesn't have a dedicated business school like Warwick and Bath)

An unconditional is tempting though! Are you going to the post-offer day on 24th April? :smile:

I agree, it's definitely one of the best, but I don't want to firm it just in case I don't get the A in Spanish and have to go through insurance! Very tempting hahaha, yep I am :smile: I take it you are too?
Reply 58
I agree, it's definitely one of the best, but I don't want to firm it just in case I don't get the A in Spanish and have to go through insurance! Very tempting hahaha, yep I am :smile: I take it you are too?

Yep, see you there!

Unis aren't restricted any more in how many students with good grades (ABB and above) they are allowed to take. It's possible they'd take you even if you dropped a grade. Do you have a 'normal' Birmingham offer as well as an unconditional one? if you do you could use that as your insurance, and then you'd be no worse off than if you'd just taken the unconditional really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest