The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nnamdi Asomugha joins the 49ers for a 1 year deal 3 million potentially. 1.35 base contract with a real shocking none guaranteed which he asked for! Damn it Bill why you no want Nnamdi :frown: very good move by them. They can use him to his strengths no doubt not as good but he still has stuff to offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Malevolent
Nnamdi Asomugha joins the 49ers for a 1 year deal 3 million potentially. 1.35 base contract with a real shocking none guaranteed which he asked for! Damn it Bill why you no want Nnamdi :frown: very good move by them. They can use him to his strengths no doubt not as good but he still has stuff to offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. Would have been a great addition to our secondary. Like possibly put us over the top kind of great. We have the cap room too. Estimates are we have $4 million after draft/bonuses etc.
Original post by Authority_Song
I agree. Would have been a great addition to our secondary. Like possibly put us over the top kind of great. We have the cap room too. Estimates are we have $4 million after draft/bonuses etc.

I think we have way more then $4. 4 if we were to try carry some over to next season but we have 5 picks including 2 7ths so it shouldn't be that much. I think we can add a pass rusher. One of Feeney and Abraham. Would really like Abraham but yeah gutted we didn't push for Asomugha cause we need still one more CB so Arrington never has to see outside of nickel corner.
I think we have way more then $4. 4 if we were to try carry some over to next season but we have 5 picks including 2 7ths so it shouldn't be that much. I think we can add a pass rusher. One of Feeney and Abraham. Would really like Abraham but yeah gutted we didn't push for Asomugha cause we need still one more CB so Arrington never has to see outside of nickel corner.

We currently have about $13 million in space, but I remember reading that about $9 million is actually reserved. I.e about 4 or 5 for the rookie pool, a few other expected re-signings etc.
We currently have about $13 million in space, but I remember reading that about $9 million is actually reserved. I.e about 4 or 5 for the rookie pool, a few other expected re-signings etc.

Ahh okay yeah that makes sense. Need to lock up Solder and McCourty. Really sad we didn't resign Woody though.
Ahh okay yeah that makes sense. Need to lock up Solder and McCourty. Really sad we didn't resign Woody though.

I love danny wood head, but nate solder is more important to the success of this team.
I love danny wood head, but nate solder is more important to the success of this team.

Same for the price he went to the Chargers was gutted, Mr Reliable and you knew you could count on him but i guess it means Vereen is going to be getting a bigger role next season. Bolden as well looked like a stud before his suspension. Solder is one of my favourite. I think this is Glass I-Dowlings make it or break it season excuse the pun since he will probably break it...
Same for the price he went to the Chargers was gutted, Mr Reliable and you knew you could count on him but i guess it means Vereen is going to be getting a bigger role next season. Bolden as well looked like a stud before his suspension. Solder is one of my favourite. I think this is Glass I-Dowlings make it or break it season excuse the pun since he will probably break it...

He was dependable and clutch which is a great set of attributes. But at the end of the day he's a scat back, and there's usually 2 or 3 in any one draft available into later rounds. Finding a top tier left tackle to keep your QB upright however is very very difficult. Vereen is a great player. Can't wait to see him take a bit more of the load (but not too much, he's not built for 10 years of inside running).
He was dependable and clutch which is a great set of attributes. But at the end of the day he's a scat back, and there's usually 2 or 3 in any one draft available into later rounds. Finding a top tier left tackle to keep your QB upright however is very very difficult. Vereen is a great player. Can't wait to see him take a bit more of the load (but not too much, he's not built for 10 years of inside running).

Yeah, small guy as well and very likable wish him success at San Diego. Great pick Solder was. I like our running back committee. Ridley, Vereen and Bolden. Im not sure about Tavon Wilson was a reach pick i think...
Yeah, small guy as well and very likable wish him success at San Diego. Great pick Solder was. I like our running back committee. Ridley, Vereen and Bolden. Im not sure about Tavon Wilson was a reach pick i think...

Yeah probably a reach, but I stick by the 3 year rule. Wait three years to evaluate a draft class. Wilson made some good plays, just rookie errors let him down. Hopefully he can mature into a solid starter.
Yeah probably a reach, but I stick by the 3 year rule. Wait three years to evaluate a draft class. Wilson made some good plays, just rookie errors let him down. Hopefully he can mature into a solid starter.

Yeah I'l give him that he made some plays just a couple of lapses. I want to see Hightower in a more rushing kind of role like he was at Alabama. Hopefully Fletcher has recovered so he can be our MLB on passing plays.
What a great story! Hope this guy makes it, what a travesty the woman who did this to him didn't get done...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1591185-atlanta-falcons-reportedly-sign-brian-banks
What a great story! Hope this guy makes it, what a travesty the woman who did this to him didn't get done...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1591185-atlanta-falcons-reportedly-sign-brian-banks

Wow great story, hope he makes it.
Original post by Tokyoround
Wow great story, hope he makes it.

Yeah man! I really hope he does.
JJ Watt says hes looking forward to the season being 100% healthy. Since he suffered that dislocated elbow at the start. QB's in the AFC south are screaming right now...

More seriously though I'l be damn impressed if he even gets 15 sacks since hes going to be doubled and tripled so much.
JJ Watt says hes looking forward to the season being 100% healthy. Since he suffered that dislocated elbow at the start. QB's in the AFC south are screaming right now...

More seriously though I'l be damn impressed if he even gets 15 sacks since hes going to be doubled and tripled so much.

And even if not, he's gonna open up some space for Whitney Mercilus, who's a pretty damn relentless passrusher himself. I have no doubt that JJ is gonna continue to dominate - coming of what has been hands down one of the best seasons for any DE ever.
Original post by ProgFeanor
And even if not, he's gonna open up some space for Whitney Mercilus, who's a pretty damn relentless passrusher himself. I have no doubt that JJ is gonna continue to dominate - coming of what has been hands down one of the best seasons for any DE ever.

Easily one of the best seasons ever. He was flat out dominant. Brilliant Pass rusher. Good at setting the edge to stop the run. Incredible at deflecting passes. Never seen a DE do so much deflecting...

Get Schaub another receiver so its not just the Andre Johnson show when it comes to pass offense and you lot will be very good.
Reply 5557
So I know its like 5 months away still but do you guys on here usually do a fantasy league? If so is there a free spot and if not anyone interested?
Original post by ..DT..
So I know its like 5 months away still but do you guys on here usually do a fantasy league? If so is there a free spot and if not anyone interested?

That's actually a good question, I second that notion.
Original post by ..DT..

Im interested never really done a fantasy football. Always do fantasy basketball team haha

Latest