The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pink lipstick
Hiiii :biggrin:
Another non-drinker. Prospective pharmacist. Looking forward to uni badly. Hopefully i meet similar people offline.

I'm sure there will be loads!!
Original post by lilGem
I got AAB from them (but they accept general) either way my offer for both is now essentially a B in biology :smile:

I would have loved to apply to York- one of my friends will be a fresher there this year- she's on a gap year at the moment :smile:

Wait so your insurance has a higher offer than your firm???

Why didn't you apply to York?
Reply 182
I'm a Fresher at the moment but with you guys on the non-drinking front :P
Reply 183
Original post by amholcroft
Wait so your insurance has a higher offer than your firm???

Why didn't you apply to York?

Technically the same :tongue:

I won't have AS chem until the end of the year, even then I'm not sure if I'll get a B (damn salters :unimpressed:)
Original post by .snowflake.
I think that is expected as we tend towards having more 9ams than everyone else. And having a 9am lecture on quantum mechanics with a blinding hangover probably isn't fun. It was bad enough with freshers flu...

Yes, I suppose that makes sense. In fact, is a 9 A.M. lecture on quantum mechanics fun even without the hangover? :erm: :dontknow:

Original post by constantmeowage
We've a fair few linguists, though :smile: It must be that most English students need a pint after the insane workload...? :confused: :tongue:

Evidently.

Sarcasm is not appreciated. :mad: :fuhrer:
Original post by BooksOfWonder
I'll be an English Student in September!

Oh, wonderful. Where? :smile:

I should have surmised as much from your username...:sigh:
Original post by brittanna
I firmed Warwick and insured KCL. But i'm not particularly confident on meeting my Warwick offer. Is Barts the medical school at queen mary?

Actually Queen Mary is the college which hangs onto Barts, clingingly :frown:
Original post by constantmeowage
Indeed, that's what I've been told. To be honest, it'd be quite liberating, but being a somewhat keen sports follower, it would've been nice to see more things live that's not necessarily down the pub. :tongue:

Oh dear. My solicitor's not available for the moment, as he's having a cup of tea. I'll get back to you on that.

I was thinking about taking a bike actually, it would be quite nice to cycle about the campus. :smile: I just don't know whether it's likely it's going to be nicked or not, I do happen to like it quite a lot. :P Failing that, I'll just take the Wii Fit down and then shut the door when it measures me to find I'm obese. :L

Which sports do you follow in particular? I'm fortunate in that respect because I have Sky Go - I could watch football in our JCR but I don't really like watching football with people if I can help it. I'm sure someone might have a TV and if not you can stream things.

:rofl: That amused me. Have a +1. I hope he gets back to you soon. Your parole is nearly over.

Yes, I definitely recommend it. I shouldn't think, if you get a good 'D-Lock', it will be stolen. Mine's been fine and Oxford is notorious for people pilfering the bikes of others. Ah, Wii Fit. :moon: A BMI test told me I was obese when I was fifteen. :teehee:
I don't usually drink anything stronger than tea & coffee- I'm right at home here! :smile:
Reply 189
Original post by SpiggyTopes
I don't usually drink anything stronger than tea & coffee- I'm right at home here! :smile:

Love curling up with a good strong cuppa :wink:

Welcome. :holmes:

(Coffee, as far as I know, can be quite strong, though?)
Original post by KingMessi
Welcome. :holmes:

(Coffee, as far as I know, can be quite strong, though?)

Yes, well I know mine is! Black, no sugar. :biggrin:

Anyway... When I said strong I wasn't talking about the depth of flavour rather the power of intoxication. :cool:
Reply 192
Anyone else an aspiring pharmacist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
Technically the same :tongue:

I won't have AS chem until the end of the year, even then I'm not sure if I'll get a B (damn salters :unimpressed:)

Waw UEA gave you a high offer! If you ever need any help pm me my friends say I'm a good teacher ha!
Oh, wonderful. Where? :smile:

I should have surmised as much from your username...:sigh:

Haha!
Stirling! I can't wait!
Which sports do you follow in particular? I'm fortunate in that respect because I have Sky Go - I could watch football in our JCR but I don't really like watching football with people if I can help it. I'm sure someone might have a TV and if not you can stream things.

:rofl: That amused me. Have a +1. I hope he gets back to you soon. Your parole is nearly over.

Yes, I definitely recommend it. I shouldn't think, if you get a good 'D-Lock', it will be stolen. Mine's been fine and Oxford is notorious for people pilfering the bikes of others. Ah, Wii Fit. :moon: A BMI test told me I was obese when I was fifteen. :teehee:

Well, luckily what I watch I can get on BBC iPlayer. I suppose I could wangle the Sky stuff, but I'm not the greatest of fans on their output. I'll just get withdrawl symptoms every time I know there's an event on that I'm missing. :frown:

Thank you very much, sir. I am to assume that this lets me off the hook...?

I may have to invest in one, it seems. :smile: Now it's just the matter of lugging it back and forth between here and home, amongst all my other belongings which I definitely need, but will never use. :confused: Well, there's a lot of me, so it always gets it wrong and leaves me even more demoralised than when I start. >.< *misunderstood*
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes, well I know mine is! Black, no sugar. :biggrin:

Anyway... When I said strong I wasn't talking about the depth of flavour rather the power of intoxication. :cool:

No sugar? :eek4: :tongue:

Yes, I know. I was being facetious, really...:getmecoat:

Haha!
Stirling! I can't wait!

Lovely - have you visited Stirling yet? What's your offer?
Reply 197
Haha!
Stirling! I can't wait!

Wow! I'm going to Stirling and I am soooo excited for it. I haven't visited it yet but I should be going to an applicants day next Saturday (13th) Have you been there before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No sugar? :eek4: :tongue:

Yes, I know. I was being facetious, really...:getmecoat:

Lovely - have you visited Stirling yet? What's your offer?

It's an Unconditional as I'm on a gap year! I haven't visited it because it is too far away!

Original post by zbaxter1
Wow! I'm going to Stirling and I am soooo excited for it. I haven't visited it yet but I should be going to an applicants day next Saturday (13th) Have you been there before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's great! What are you going to study? What is your offer? I have never been there before! I can't go to the applicant day unfortunately!
Reply 199
It's an Unconditional as I'm on a gap year! I haven't visited it because it is too far away!

Oh that's great! What are you going to study? What is your offer? I have never been there before! I can't go to the applicant day unfortunately!

I'm going to study Psychology there and I have a conditional for two Cs in my advanced highers which seeem to be going fine do I should get in :P I have heard that it is really lovely there, I'll tell you how the applicants day goes if you like, so you have some idea although I don't doubt you have done your research :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending