The Student Room Group

AS levels CV

Hello i'm a year 13 leaver starting to think temporary jobs for the summer. The only problem is my AS levels are quite bad,( I am going to a Russel group university to do economics providing I get the grades of course . Anyway would it be worth putting on my CV that I got C's/D's in Maths/further maths/physics/economics? would it be better to just put down high modules? Would there still be a good chance of me getting part time work, at say a supermarket for instance because I know I can do a better job than a lot of people there.
Also should I be mentioning voluntary work? I am just putting some ideas together right now and will probably start my CV next week, Thanks :smile:
Original post by Lay-Z
Hello i'm a year 13 leaver starting to think temporary jobs for the summer. The only problem is my AS levels are quite bad,( I am going to a Russel group university to do economics providing I get the grades of course . Anyway would it be worth putting on my CV that I got C's/D's in Maths/further maths/physics/economics? would it be better to just put down high modules? Would there still be a good chance of me getting part time work, at say a supermarket for instance because I know I can do a better job than a lot of people there.
Also should I be mentioning voluntary work? I am just putting some ideas together right now and will probably start my CV next week, Thanks :smile:

Employers don't care about your AS levels, A2s are what counts. Modules are meaningless for things like supermarket jobs. Until you have your final grades just put Studying A level Economics, Maths and Physics.

Yes, you should be mentioning Voluntary work if it gives evidence of relevant skills
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Employers don't care about your AS levels, A2s are what counts. Modules are meaningless for things like supermarket jobs. Until you have your final grades just put Studying A level Economics, Maths and Physics.

Yes, you should be mentioning Voluntary work if it gives evidence of relevant skills

Thanks! So I should just put down my gcse grades and what I'm studying? Will they be less likely to employ me if I'm going to leave after 2 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lay-Z
Thanks! So I should just put down my gcse grades and what I'm studying? Will they be less likely to employ me if I'm going to leave after 2 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For GCSEs all you put is 8 GCSEs including English and Maths, or whatever is true in your case.

Unless it is a summer job, then yes, they are much less likely to employ you if they know you are only going to be there for 2 months.
Original post by Lay-Z

Definitely mention your voluntary work. Voluntary work always looks good, and you can tell them about relevant skills you have gained while doing it.
With you AS grades. I put down the a-levels you are doing and your predicted grades, rather than your AS levels.

Quick Reply