The Student Room Group

KFC has new fries (now with poll)

Poll

Old fries or new fries: Which are better?

The old ones were second best next to McDonalds. On occasion: better. Went well with the chicken and gravy.

The new ones are like the cheap frozen fries you get in white bags in ASDA, or the fries you get with children's meals in Morrisons cafe.

They taste of fryer oil, cheapness, potatolessness, and faeces.

They are crap and I am ****ing outraged. Just saying.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

They've not changed; you just had some bad chips. It happens.
Reply 2
Really...I didn't realise. But then again I do only have it occasionally.

Lol at potatolessness
Reply 3
The have changed. I work there we all had to watch a video about how to prepare them
I'm a mystery shopper for them and I've heard nothing about it. Their chips are pretty bad at most shops though. Depends where you are.
They are new. They used to be thick and plain, now their thin and I think actually taste better! McDonalds chips will always come top however. :wink:
Original post by heirloom
The have changed. I work there we all had to watch a video about how to prepare them

What? Where are these signs?? I heard there was a petition didn't realise anything had happened :O

THIS SHOULD BE HEADLINE NEWS *************
Reply 7
KFC chips have always been awful in my opinion. Can't beat a McDonald's fry!
Reply 8
Surprisingly no. I've never really liked the chips there anyway. Or Mcdonalds although thats to do with the amount of salt they put on it. I dont add salt to anything because high blood presure runs in my family so when I taste any its instantly too much. The frys that I like the best were the old Burger King ones, why did they have to change perfection :mad:
I've never really been a fan of KFC chips, but I've only had them a few times.

Maybe I'm just a salt addict but it seems like everywhere's stopped using salt except Mcdonalds and chips just don't taste as good without it. I know you can put it on but it still doesn't taste the same :frown:

On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park? :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by Rump Steak
What? Where are these signs?? I heard there was a petition didn't realise anything had happened :O

THIS SHOULD BE HEADLINE NEWS :fuhrer:

We have signs in our shop
Reply 11
I actually think the new ones taste nicer. The old ones taste like cardboard.
Reply 12
Original post by therisenmitten
I've never really been a fan of KFC chips, but I've only had them a few times.

Maybe I'm just a salt addict but it seems like everywhere's stopped using salt except Mcdonalds and chips just don't taste as good without it. I know you can put it on but it still doesn't taste the same :frown:

On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park? :tongue:

Hold the phone!
I noticed this when I had a KFC the other day, it was annoying because I really liked the old fries. The new ones are really similar to McDonald's fries which aren't that good.
Original post by ice cube
I actually think the new ones taste nicer. The old ones taste like cardboard.

Fully agree.
They have cahnged!

If anyone is passionate about their chicken me and about 100 others have a facebook group called the KFC Chronicles where we each document out KFC experiences.

Only seriously KFC lovers may apply.
KFC fries are disgusting they are just too thick and tasteless :s-smilie:
How have they changed? Haven't been there for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
A rarity; someone who appreciated kfc (old) fries
KFC serve the ****test fries of the big three... I mean having to salt them yourself? ridiculous

Quick Reply

Latest