The Student Room Group

I couldn't answer any of the Unit 2 (AQA) economics exam

I've just looked at a Unit 2 Economics exam (AQA) for the first time, and could literally not answer a single question! I feel that it was taught to us very poorly, but this doesn't change the fact that I am pretty screwed right now. The exam is in under 2 months, and I have other subjects that I need to revise for. What's the best way to prepare myself?!!!
Original post by JRChapman
I've just looked at a Unit 2 Economics exam (AQA) for the first time, and could literally not answer a single question! I feel that it was taught to us very poorly, but this doesn't change the fact that I am pretty screwed right now. The exam is in under 2 months, and I have other subjects that I need to revise for. What's the best way to prepare myself?!!!

Hi :smile:

Are you referring to the Multiple choice or the written questions?

Head over to my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/multiplexinggamer - and I have lots of tutorials on AS level Economics. If are unsure, please ask, and I'll make you a tailor made tutorial, as it acts as revision for myself.

I have to admit though, the Multiple choice Unit 2 questions are very ambiguous, and in my opinion wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by Alex-Torres

Head over to my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/multiplexinggamer - and I have lots of tutorials on AS level Economics. If are unsure, please ask, and I'll make you a tailor made tutorial, as it acts as revision for myself.

I have to admit though, the Multiple choice Unit 2 questions are very ambiguous, and in my opinion wrong.

Can I request a tailor made one on edexcel unit two, inflation and measuring it RPI CPI.......
Original post by Future-doc
Can I request a tailor made one on edexcel unit two, inflation and measuring it RPI CPI.......

I only do AQA A-level Economics. But I'm sure inflation, CPI and RPI are very similar on both boards? But yes, I'll make one on inflation tomorrow! (Hopefully)
Reply 4
I only do AQA A-level Economics. But I'm sure inflation, CPI and RPI are very similar on both boards? But yes, I'll make one on inflation tomorrow! (Hopefully)

Your the greatest!! Is it copyright or can I send to my class, bc none of us understand it!!
are you a teacher, or do you just study it in uni??!
thanks a billion!
pm it to me!!
Your the greatest!! Is it copyright or can I send to my class, bc none of us understand it!!
are you a teacher, or do you just study it in uni??!
thanks a billion!
pm it to me!!

I'm an AS student, but I really like Economics, so gain fun out of making videos :colondollar:

And yeah, send it to whom you like, it'll be on YouTube!
Reply 6
I'm an AS student, but I really like Economics, so gain fun out of making videos :colondollar:

No way!!!
your an as pupil like myself!! Your sooo cool that you make study videos!!
thanks a billion!!!
what as you taking!?

You do edexcel as well? :wink:
No way!!!
your an as pupil like myself!! Your sooo cool that you make study videos!!
thanks a billion!!!
what as you taking!?

Yeh I'm AS haha, couldn't you tell from my voice in my other tutorials?
I always wanted to make YouTube videos of some sort, but never really knew what I could offer. I found Geography too boring, and explaining Maths just resulted in me rambling. Economics seemed quite fitting and I found it very easy to explain, a couple of months later I have over 16,000 views.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to upload that video as I need to do some Maths revision.

I take AQA AS level Economics!
Reply 9
Yeh I'm AS haha, couldn't you tell from my voice in my other tutorials?
I always wanted to make YouTube videos of some sort, but never really knew what I could offer. I found Geography too boring, and explaining Maths just resulted in me rambling. Economics seemed quite fitting and I found it very easy to explain, a couple of months later I have over 16,000 views.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to upload that video as I need to do some Maths revision.

I take AQA AS level Economics!

Wat other as s do you take?
your really cool! I'm beyond impressed!!
Wat other as s do you take?
your really cool! I'm beyond impressed!!

I take Maths, Economics, Geography and History :smile: You?

Original post by Blueray2
You do edexcel as well? :wink:

No sorry, but I hear that they cross over?

Maths economics biology chemistry!!
alex, I think your great!! I'm a total fan!! Especially when you make that video for me!!
can you start off with saying something about how you made it for me??!!!??
[QUOTE="Future-doc;42076899"]

Maths economics biology chemistry!!
alex, I think your great!! I'm a total fan!! Especially when you make that video for me!!
can you start off with saying something about how you made it for me??!!!??

Haha, perhaps :tongue:
Reply 13
pajholden (youtube) as well as tutor2u is fantastic for resources. Highly recommended :smile:
Reply 14

I've just realised that I've been a moron... I'm Edexcel, not AQA :/

I too would appreciate a tutorial that goes into some depth on the CPI and RPI. Perhaps you could talk about how they're calculated, how they're weighed (are they both weighted, or is that just CPI?), what they include, pro's and con's of each and how they're similar and different? :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

I too would appreciate a tutorial that goes into some depth on the CPI and RPI. Perhaps you could talk about how they're calculated, how they're weighed (are they both weighted, or is that just CPI?), what they include, pro's and con's of each and how they're similar and different? :smile:

I'll see what I can do, but our teacher didn't go through too much on how it is calculated.
In your essays you won't need to refer to that, mainly the effects on the economy.

Taken from my AS class notes
Measures of inflation: measure the average level of prices in the economy; inflation can then be calculated as the percentage rate of change of prices over time
CPI in Year X- CPI(x-1)x 100

CPI (X-1)
Consumer Price Index (CPI): measure of the general level of prices in the UK; rate of change was adopted as government inflation target since 2004
•Based on the price of a bundle of 650 goods and services measured at different points in time every month from a sample of 7000 households, complied through the family expenditure survey
•Some prices are observed directly in randomly selected shops
•Used to create an index based on 100, which weights the items in order to reflect the typical spending habits of consumers based on the share of each component in their total expenditure
•These weights are updated annually as changes in consumption patterns have to be accommodated if the index is to remain representative
•CPI provides an estimate of the level of prices in the economy and so changes in CPI is one estimate for the inflation rate
•CPI index measures % change in prices compared to the base year

(I think you do need to know about RPI as well but I couldn't find the rest of the stuff we'd written on this topic)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17

Hey mate I use your vids regularly they help a lot !
Wondering, for the 25 marker how many paragraphs would you say to do?
I currently do a definition/addressing issue, 2 analyzing / evaluate and a conclusion. Do you think it's enough?
Hope you continue this snazzy stuff in A2!

Quick Reply

Latest