The Student Room Group

My parents dont want me to move out.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by xxxxLillyxxxx
In that case tell them, tell them what you have said on here and show them you can do it (more pressure, but sure you can cope)

The softer and slower you talk, the more people have to listen, the more they will take in what you have to say; plus sounds like you are in control (10 years of team meeting experience at work on that one)

Good luck with it all :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Im really scared to try again cos my mum isnt really talking to me...... I really dont know how to start the conversation...
Tell her you respect her and you love her but you have to do this for you. If she knows you're not doing it to spite her she will come around eventually.
Like I say all the annoying, crazy things our parents do is because they love us.

Put yourself in your mum's shoes and think about what you like to hear to change your mind if you had a child.
Reply 42
Original post by xxxxLillyxxxx
Tell her you respect her and you love her but you have to do this for you. If she knows you're not doing it to spite her she will come around eventually.
Like I say all the annoying, crazy things our parents do is because they love us.

Put yourself in your mum's shoes and think about what you like to hear to change your mind if you had a child.

I can understand where shes coming from and since im her first child who will be moving away from home shes probably terrified.

But I really dont know how to start this conversation.
for all freshers with this problem Tell your patents that some unis insist first years stay in halls then tell a little white lie that you think your uni does this if your going to Oxbridge you will have to stay in halls first year any way and for some reason dress for dinner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I have a question how do I help my boyfriend move out of his mom's house when she want let him move out and he is 28 he was living with me but his mom came and got him for some important stuff about him and want let him come back home to me help please

Quick Reply