The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Desmond Tutu Scholarship applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dreamawish
Oh thats an interesting take! Mine was marginally more obvious to me as theres many ways for healthcare to benefit society. Nearly 1000 words as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, when writing it I was very envious of any healthcare students out there haha! Best of luck anyway :-) let me know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Oh thats an interesting take! Mine was marginally more obvious to me as theres many ways for healthcare to benefit society. Nearly 1000 words as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey i've also submitted my application, barely a few hours before the deadline. Apparently most of us found out only right before the deadline! I'm firmed for Medicine as well, so it was quite alright to write. Did any of you receive a confirmation email or something? @dreamawish, i'm from Singapore too btw!
Reply 22
Original post by mmm-pi
Yes, when writing it I was very envious of any healthcare students out there haha! Best of luck anyway :-) let me know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck to to you too! :smile: let us know too when you get your scholarship offer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by jackiewinterrr
Hey i've also submitted my application, barely a few hours before the deadline. Apparently most of us found out only right before the deadline! I'm firmed for Medicine as well, so it was quite alright to write. Did any of you receive a confirmation email or something? @dreamawish, i'm from Singapore too btw!

Hey fellow singaporean! :smile: i recieved a thanks email from the funding officer who recieved my application. How come most people found out so late though? ><

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I guess it mostly sounds pretentious cos its talking about altruism, but it should be fine as long as you clearly expressed what you sincerly thought, and anchored the 2 criterias? :smile:

Firmed for medicine here btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah, congratulations on the medicine offer! (I know it's late for congratulations...)

I feel like I said what I wanted to and all I could really. Obviously it's difficult for a degree like English as there's no "specific" area, I guess; on the contrary, it makes it much more difficult for medics as you have to avoid falling into the trap of the generic "I'm going to save lots of lives!"

I hope it turns out well for you though! Did you receive any confirmation email or anything?
Reply 25
Original post by JoeWill
Woah, congratulations on the medicine offer! (I know it's late for congratulations...)

I feel like I said what I wanted to and all I could really. Obviously it's difficult for a degree like English as there's no "specific" area, I guess; on the contrary, it makes it much more difficult for medics as you have to avoid falling into the trap of the generic "I'm going to save lots of lives!"

I hope it turns out well for you though! Did you receive any confirmation email or anything?

Thanks! Congrats on your offer for English too! Never too late with happy wishes :smile:

Yeah i had to think up more concrete stuff which were more personal instead of just saying that haha. Actually I believe for a degree like yours if you manage to create an interesting perspective it may well have an edge over the usual healthcare service stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hey everyone! I also applied for the Desmond Tutu Scholarship as an international student. Quick question though, did everyone receive confirmation emails?? I didn't get one and now I'm a bit worried. Thanks!
Reply 27
Original post by jet-setter
Hey everyone! I also applied for the Desmond Tutu Scholarship as an international student. Quick question though, did everyone receive confirmation emails?? I didn't get one and now I'm a bit worried. Thanks!

I didn't...
Reply 28

Hey, I'm also an international student, and I submitted my application/essay on March 28th, and received a confirmation email April 2nd.
Reply 29
Original post by laraali1
I've applied for the Dickson Poon scholarship, can I wait here too? :biggrin:

Hey there I applied for this scholarship too although I doubt I'll get it. Do you have any idea when we should hear back?
Reply 30
Original post by The_Lady
Hey there I applied for this scholarship too although I doubt I'll get it. Do you have any idea when we should hear back?

I remember reading that we should hear about it sometime before the end of April, and if we haven't heard by then, we should assume we didn't get it. I think it was on the KCL website, but I dont remember..
Reply 31
Original post by laraali1
I remember reading that we should hear about it sometime before the end of April, and if we haven't heard by then, we should assume we didn't get it. I think it was on the KCL website, but I dont remember..

Thanks. It's good to just have a general idea. it's much better than nothing :smile:. Is King's your first choice?
Reply 32

Hey I'm guessing that they're too busy nearer to the deadline as theyre recieving more applications. I sent mine in two weeks ago and recieved confirmation on the same day. Dont worry too much! :smile:

On a side note according to the website offers will be given by the 15th, 1 more week everyone, all the best! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
KCL offer holders group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/124242814433712/

I think out of the 70 people we currently have about 10 applied for Tutu scholarship
Reply 34
Hey I'm guessing that they're too busy nearer to the deadline as theyre recieving more applications. I sent mine in two weeks ago and recieved confirmation on the same day. Dont worry too much! :smile:

On a side note according to the website offers will be given by the 15th, 1 more week everyone, all the best! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, thank you! I was getting a bit panicked
Reply 35
No news thus far..... anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
No news thus far..... anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I think we have to wait until the 15th though.
Reply 37
Do you think we will be notified if we are unsuccessful, or will only successful applicants be told?
Reply 38
I think only successful applicants will be told. :-/ I really can't get a feel for how many people have applied, any estimates? Assuming tons of people applied without mentioning on Student Room...
Reply 39
I didn't get a confirmation mail too! Now I'm officially on panic mode!! Oh noooo!!

Quick Reply

Latest