The Student Room Group

KFC has new fries (now with poll)

Scroll to see replies

Really? I thought the old fries were absolutely disgusting, the new ones are far nicer.
If you're going to KFC for the fries you should not be allowed to step foot inside of KFC again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barden
KFC serve the ****test fries of the big three... I mean having to salt them yourself? ridiculous

My thoughts exactly! My best friend loves them without salt. They are foul >.<
Original post by rainbow.panda
I noticed this when I had a KFC the other day, it was annoying because I really liked the old fries. The new ones are really similar to McDonald's fries which aren't that good.

Ye alot thinner, they are still a lot better quality and erect to mcdonald's flaccid ones
Reply 25
Haha, i thought they had changed when I last went but I don't go that often so I wasn't sure.

Meh, they are just chips.. unhealthy and pretty meh anyway you look at it. Haha
Reply 26
Maybe it's their way of tackling obesity?
Original post by holmes221
Ye alot thinner, they are still a lot better quality and erect to mcdonald's flaccid ones

I think you misread the title, we are talking about chips you naughty person! Do you think McDonald's don't feel bad about their erectile dysfunction? This is just plain cruel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
KFC had the worst chips.
Reply 29
USA Fried Chicken in Loughborough. The best chips I ever did have.
Good, old KFC fries were disgusting, don't understand how a they could get something as simple as a chip so badly wrong.
Reply 31
I had KFC today and that's exactly what I said! Tasted yuck! But the chicken still tasted amazing!
Reply 32
Original post by therisenmitten
On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park? :tongue:

I knew from when my nanna bought me and my cousin a bucket to share when we stayed at her's once and we got sides. Though on a related note I now work for KFC and when my manager told me they were changing the fries to be "thinner and crispier like McDonald's fries" I instantly thought of this:

[video="youtube;S1qNsD8kPyE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1qNsD8kPyE[/video]
Yeah they're really thin! I've had the new chips twice. The first was reealllly nice, but the second time was horrible. So i haven't made my mind up yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Well at least they didn't change the chicken! Be happy people! :redface:
Original post by therisenmitten
I've never really been a fan of KFC chips, but I've only had them a few times.

Maybe I'm just a salt addict but it seems like everywhere's stopped using salt except Mcdonalds and chips just don't taste as good without it. I know you can put it on but it still doesn't taste the same :frown:

On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park? :tongue:

My God, you're so right about salt. I'm certain I eat more from having to put it on things myself. White friggin' gold as far as I'm concerned, it's the only thing that makes most foods palatable!
Never was a big fan of their chips but still love a KFC
Keeping meaning to go and now i have a reason haha
TRIED THEM TODAY aaaaaand they taste exactly the same.

Why? Because they're unsalted!

What I don't understand about KFC is why they don't put salt on the chips? Everything else is drowning in oil, yet when it comes to the fries they've gone all healthy. Well, news alert KFC, noone goes to KFC to eat healthily. And if they do, they're not going to order fries.

Bring back the salt KFC!
Original post by Rump Steak
TRIED THEM TODAY aaaaaand they taste exactly the same.

Why? Because they're unsalted!

What I don't understand about KFC is why they don't put salt on the chips? Everything else is drowning in oil, yet when it comes to the fries they've gone all healthy. Well, news alert KFC, noone goes to KFC to eat healthily. And if they do, they're not going to order fries.

Bring back the salt KFC!

They provide salt, just sprinkle it on, lol.
Original post by yellowcopter
They provide salt, just sprinkle it on, lol.

I bought it from the drive thru. . . and they didn't give me any salt...

Quick Reply

Latest