The Student Room Group

Job Seekers agreement.

Anyone else on JSA and have to search for a job each day as part of their agreement? I know it's pretty easy to search for jobs each day but some days there is absolutely nothing new to apply for. I always get stressed about what I'm going to tell my adviser about why I didn't apply for a job that day.

Is it okay to simply tell the truth and explain there was nothing that related to me whatsoever. Alot of jobs are Manager roles etc and aren't relevant.
Reply 1
Hi Tom, it is best to be honest, work with your adviser not against. They can make life for you very difficult, therefore I would advise you to be honest. They would prefer an honest person to a person who is dishonest. (Plus am sure they get a lot of people lying to them, therefore they probably can figure it out somehow)

Original post by Tom_182
Anyone else on JSA and have to search for a job each day as part of their agreement? I know it's pretty easy to search for jobs each day but some days there is absolutely nothing new to apply for. I always get stressed about what I'm going to tell my adviser about why I didn't apply for a job that day.

Is it okay to simply tell the truth and explain there was nothing that related to me whatsoever. Alot of jobs are Manager roles etc and aren't relevant.
Reply 2
Since you have to apply for at least 3 jobs per day, there are plenty of different jobs to apply everyday :smile: I have to do the same and I apply for jobs everyday, at least for 3-5, so that I could distribute them through the days and won't face an issue when there are no jobs to apply for.
When I was on JSA for a while back in the summer (only for a little while, before I started college and the job I have now), I applied for as many jobs as I could before going to the job centre. They are there to help you and they can help you find jobs from their system. Make sure you're honest too.
Reply 4
Original post by ohhello92x
When I was on JSA for a while back in the summer (only for a little while, before I started college and the job I have now), I applied for as many jobs as I could before going to the job centre. They are there to help you and they can help you find jobs from their system. Make sure you're honest too.

The JCP is not really helpful, at least my adviser isn't.
Original post by ForgetMe
The JCP is not really helpful, at least my adviser isn't.

Ah okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending