The Student Room Group

does he seriously like me or is he confused?

About a month ago i was seeing this guy as a friend for about 2 weeks, he had given many signs he liked me- including telling me he did. Then about 2 weeks ago he stopped talking to me/cancelled on our meet etc. I assumed he was giving up chasing me. So i told him how i felt about him and he just said ''thanks'' and continuted to behave oddly towards me i.e. i could tell he was uncomfortable when i flirted even though before he always initiated it.

However, about 2 days later he was back to normal again- flirting, being all nice and sweet again. He then started to keep asking me to meet up, but i was making excuses. So we were back to normal, texting all day every day etc, al ''lovey'' and flirty and sweet.

Anyway, we went clubbing on saturday, he bought me almost all my drinks, he came and met me at my house (even though i live 30min walk away) just to walk me into town. All night, he was lovely to me, told me I looked 'beautiful' etc Then he stayed over at mine, he bought us a load of food and not once did he even try to initiate anything, we literally fell asleep cuddling.

He then asked me to be his girlfriend and said that although he had previously said he wasnt ready for one, he feels he is.

We have met up since and he held my hand when we met and kissed me on the forehead lol.

So yeh...Im just confused?! Why did this guy stop talking to me for a few days, then after i showed i was interested, hes suddenley become all interested?

Hes actually been so lovely to me since that night we went clubbing- like it feels like we are boyfriend/girlfriend except we're not lol.

He also keeps talking about the future, like he invited me to some gig with his friends, he invited me to go stay down south with him etc.

But then theres signs like about a month ago he was dating this other girl (literally for like a week) and i remember him telling me he thought she was his soulmate and he loved her.

Yet ive been seeing him for longer and hes never said anything to me like that! (obviously i dont expect him to, but just in comparison to how hes been in the past).

All the signs are here that he likes me, apart from hes treating me differently to his past 'relationships' and his sudden mood change in now wanting a relationship has kinda confused me.

Any advice?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Just to clear this up, he asked you to be his girlfriend before the thing were you thought he was seeing someone else? If that's the case then it would assume that you said no?

Sorry but it's a bit out of order so it's hard to tell the timeline.

In any case I would be frank with him and just talk to him openly about it.

The fact that he stopped talking to you could be an indicator that he was either nervous, unsure or just making sure that hefelt the same.

Is the guy actually going out with you or what is the actual situation?
Reply 2
Original post by 01Chris02
Just to clear this up, he asked you to be his girlfriend before the thing were you thought he was seeing someone else? If that's the case then it would assume that you said no?

Sorry but it's a bit out of order so it's hard to tell the timeline.

In any case I would be frank with him and just talk to him openly about it.

The fact that he stopped talking to you could be an indicator that he was either nervous, unsure or just making sure that hefelt the same.

Is the guy actually going out with you or what is the actual situation?

nooo, he was seeing this girl about a month ago (for a week) then they broke up.

Then, we started hanging out as friends, but always seemed a bit more with the flirting etc. Then after about 2 weeks of this, he suddeneley stopped talking to me for a few days, acted all weird when i tried to flirt. So i told him how i felt. He was still all weird, so i started chasing him a bit, then after a few days of him being ''weird'' he was back to normal- flirty all 'lovey' etc.

Then we went out saturday- which is when he asked me to be his girlfriend, but I said no (because im unsure if he genuinely likes me or not) but weve still been seeing each other, holding hands, kissing, ''lovey'' texts etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
nooo, he was seeing this girl about a month ago (for a week) then they broke up.

Then, we started hanging out as friends, but always seemed a bit more with the flirting etc. Then after about 2 weeks of this, he suddeneley stopped talking to me for a few days, acted all weird when i tried to flirt. So i told him how i felt. He was still all weird, so i started chasing him a bit, then after a few days of him being ''weird'' he was back to normal- flirty all 'lovey' etc.

Then we went out saturday- which is when he asked me to be his girlfriend, but I said no (because im unsure if he genuinely likes me or not) but weve still been seeing each other, holding hands, kissing, ''lovey'' texts etc.

Sounds like an odd situation to be honest. What reason would he have to act all lovey if he doesn't feel like he genuinely likes you?

Perhaps you should talk to him? I think you may have potentially irritated the situation by saying no and not trying to talk through it.

In the end if he asked you out then he likes you and wants to spend more time with you.

What age are you both?
Reply 4
Original post by 01Chris02
Sounds like an odd situation to be honest. What reason would he have to act all lovey if he doesn't feel like he genuinely likes you?

Perhaps you should talk to him? I think you may have potentially irritated the situation by saying no and not trying to talk through it.

In the end if he asked you out then he likes you and wants to spend more time with you.

What age are you both?

lol, both final year of Uni :tongue:

(BTW, Ive ran out of rep, so will rep tomorrow, thanks for replying).

Yh it is odd, im just worried because he didnt want a relationship a week ago and now he does lol
Maybe he just wasn't sure he wanted a relationship, and now he is, take the chance.

You will never know the outcome unless you do something about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending