The Student Room Group

Which course/ university is better for me? York vs. LSE

Hi guys need some help here! The time to select my uni has come, I have unconditionals for LSE and York, however LSE is for Economics and Economic History and York is for straight Economics.

LSE: econ and econ history
York: econ

I know LSE is the better uni but is econ and econ history as worth it/ reputable as Yorks straight econ?

Not sure if the joint courses from LSE are as reputable..!
Please help.
Ben
Are you literally just going to uni to get a job, or does one of these courses interest you more?
Reply 2
Original post by bengoodey
Hi guys need some help here! The time to select my uni has come, I have unconditionals for LSE and York, however LSE is for Economics and Economic History and York is for straight Economics.

LSE: econ and econ history
York: econ

I know LSE is the better uni but is econ and econ history as worth it/ reputable as Yorks straight econ?

Not sure if the joint courses from LSE are as reputable..!
Please help.
Ben

What is your aim after university? A high paying job in banking? If so, then go to LSE.

If you want to go for the experience, the love of your subject, etc. and would prefer a quieter place like York, then go to York.

You may be able to switch from Econ/Econ History to Economics at LSE after the first year subject to good grades.
Reply 3
Think im gonna take LSE, better uni and course will still be good (im not that interest in econ history) but London will be a fun place to live anyway! Thanks
Original post by bengoodey
Think im gonna take LSE, better uni and course will still be good (im not that interest in econ history) but London will be a fun place to live anyway! Thanks

If you aren't interested in the history of economics, don't take that course.

Quick Reply