The Student Room Group

MSc adult nursing UWS 2013

Hey, received my offer last month for adult nursing MSc Hamilton for September, is anyone else here starting? X :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Deone, I've just been offered a place on the MSc mental health nursing in Hamilton. Didn't think I was going to get a place so very happy!
Reply 2
Congrats :-D I didn't think I had a chance either as my interview went terribly I thought because I was so nervous. I'm really looking forward to it though :-D x
Reply 3
What was the interview like? How soon after your interview did your offer come in?

My interview for Nursing at Napier was a group one so just wanting to know what to prepare for as my interview for the MSc at UWS is next Wednesday.

Thanks
Reply 4
Hi I have an offer for MSc adult nursing at Hamilton too. Just waiting for my PVG coming through atm.
Reply 5
Hi, I had my interview for the MSc Adult Nursing yesterday - went alright I think but now I'm so nervous waiting to hear back! How long was it after interview that you heard back? Also does anyone know about how they decide if you are being offered September 2013 or February 2014 places?

Thank you! And congratulations for getting a place :smile:
Reply 6
I had an answer after 2 weeks.
Reply 7
Original post by shonaT
I had an answer after 2 weeks.

Oh great! Thank you Shona :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ChrisEmma
Hi, I had my interview for the MSc Adult Nursing yesterday - went alright I think but now I'm so nervous waiting to hear back! How long was it after interview that you heard back? Also does anyone know about how they decide if you are being offered September 2013 or February 2014 places?

Thank you! And congratulations for getting a place :smile:

Pretty sure if you applied by the Jan 15th deadline, you're considered for the September intake. I didn't know about their February intake until it was mentioned at the numeracy and literacy test two weeks ago so doubt we'd be offered February. At least that's my hope.
Reply 9
Has anyone on the MSc course heard about tuition fees? I know scottish graduates who go back to uni to do the BSc course have their tuition paid for, but I've been told by someone that because this is a postgrad rather than a second degree, that we've to pay for this ourselves, but get a bursary to help?
Does anyone know? :-)
Reply 10
Original post by Deone247
Has anyone on the MSc course heard about tuition fees? I know scottish graduates who go back to uni to do the BSc course have their tuition paid for, but I've been told by someone that because this is a postgrad rather than a second degree, that we've to pay for this ourselves, but get a bursary to help?
Does anyone know? :-)

The way it's explained it sounds like your fees are paid because it's vocational. A post registration MSc would have fees attached. I hope I'm right.
Reply 11
http://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/nmsb_notes.pdf

Hope this link works. Under detailed eligibility information it says "Graduates who have been accepted on a 2 year training course" so looks like my post above is correct fx.

Looks like we'll be in the same class in September.

At my interview I was asked if I had previously had my fees paid for a nursing course so I think that is all that would bar you from having your fees paid.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Thanks Shona hopefully that's the case!
Yeah will probably be in the same class, I'm really excited, it just seems so long away!
Reply 13
I'm really looking forward to it too. It's not really that long to go.
Original post by Deone247
Hey, received my offer last month for adult nursing MSc Hamilton for September, is anyone else here starting? X :smile:

Just got my offer today. Can't wait to meet you all :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by futurenurse
Just got my offer today. Can't wait to meet you all :smile:

That's great, congrats. How many of us are there now?
Reply 16
Original post by shonaT
That's great, congrats. How many of us are there now?

I just got an offer too! :biggrin: So excited, can't wait!!
Hi all,

I'll be starting in September too, really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting stuck in... nervous about placements though especially A&E !!
:eek:
whats everyone's first degree in?
Reply 19
Original post by katie_starmix
whats everyone's first degree in?

Mine's Pharmacy. What about you?

I'm just nervous about performing well enough tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending