The Student Room Group

North Korea, China and Russia vs the world?

We all know whats happening with the stupid north koreans. However, if anything happens...China are best allies with NK (possible support from china there?) Russia are best allies with China (possible support there?)

With Russia and China being one side (HOPEFULLY NON OF THEM GET INVOLVED) a WW3 is possibility?

Scroll to see replies

Neither Russia nor China would be stupid enough to support North Korea in war, quite simply. The benefits would be minimal.
Reply 2
Original post by HarveyCanis
Neither Russia nor China would be stupid enough to support North Korea in war, quite simply. The benefits would be minimal.

this
Reply 3
It's stupid for China to even bother to support anything that can't support its own people.
Are russia that friendly with china? Also from what i can tell, the chinese are getting pretty pissed off at NK, wouldn't be surprised if they toppled the kim regime themselves.
with all the fire power of america, the aids of africa and the religious nutters of south asia. they would be crazy to mess around.
Reply 6
There is a lot of people pissed of with the way the western world treats the rest of the world.

I wouldn't be surprised if they team up, I'd hate the west too if I was the.
It is well known that China have had enough of Kim Jong-Un. If it does kick off and NK fire rockets at Guam, then the Chinese will simply not get involved and let Kim Jong-Un and the rest of his cronies die as the US Nukes the place.
Reply 8
Original post by pizzle223
There is a lot of people pissed of with the way the western world treats the rest of the world.

I wouldn't be surprised if they team up, I'd hate the west too if I was the.

True, true. The US really did provoke this, and probably want this to happen for some delusional reason; maybe for them to set up another central bank like they did in Libya after NK falls. Like always, if you follow the money you would see the US/UN is responsible.
Reply 9
Original post by immyjimmy
True, true. The US really did provoke this, and probably want this to happen for some delusional reason; maybe for them to set up another central bank like they did in Libya after NK falls. Like always, if you follow the money you would see the US/UN is responsible.

You are on my wave dude!

The US probly want it. They'll make a bundle off WW3!

Isn't there only a few place countries left which with their own bank.
Russia is in no position to do anything but back regimes. It's in our best interests to improve and maintain our relationship with China. They want North Korea as a buffer between South Korea and itself but it's getting dangerous. It's unstable.
If there is a conflict there will be small skirmishes followed by another long period of nothing. North Korea is all talk. For example they claim they've accomplished actual sustainable nuclear fusion when we predict it will take at least another two decades to get close to it.

I'm not sure about Russia but I know that China has expressed displeasure concerning North Korea's nuclear testing in recent times.
(edited 11 years ago)
The question you should be asking is will the US be able to deploy sufficient forces to deal with Iran while simultaneously containing their North Korean pals.
Reply 13
If North Korea fires at the USA then China will without a doubt crush North Korea to maintain ties with the USA, if the two go to war then they destroy themselves.
There is no danger of North Korea using nuclear weapons against either South Korea, Japan or the US. Apart from anything else, the things plainly don't work.

The only danger is that North Korea might bomb Seoul, which has half the population of South Korea, and thus cripple them, because Seoul is so close to the border. That would certainly trigger a reaction from the Americans, however, and thus will not happen.

Certainly though it is at the point now where Kim has to poop or get off the pot. Most likely we will see some impotent shelling of islands like in 2010.

Depending on how Kim comes out of this we may see him consolidate power or he may be subject to a coup. Long-term, the Kim dynasty has no future in North Korea, particularly if they agitate; they will eventually be toppled by a Chinese-sponsored coup once China has cemented its position as a solid economic power.

Chinese and Russian relations are nominally friendly but have the potential to turn awkward. Russia is no longer a (super)powerful country, however, so China is probably happy to keep the status quo which is Russia sells it raw materials from the Arctic.

Long-term, it is in China's and Russia's interests to keep working together: with the support of their client states and the more powerful states they endorse in groups like BRIC, they plan to break the power of the dollar as the international reserve currency by increasing trade between themselves and exploiting the huge natural resources of their large territories in an era which is set to be marked by shortages.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
North Korea, China and Russia uniting to 'fight the world' !?

And the TSR Idiot of The Year Award 2013 goes to....!
Why does Russia give a toss about North Korea?

I understand China might want seem that they care about North Korea but when push to comes to shove, they also don't care.
Original post by Makebelieve15
Even though Russia isn't 'communist' anymore as such it is still authoritarian and they support their own kind, i.e. China, Cuba, North Korea and dictatorships such as Syria. Also Iran. Furthermore, NK has Stalinist communism and this may have a bearing, there is still a lot of communist sympathy in Russian ranks.

Russia, and China, will seek to defend their right to freedom away from the west (i.e. America). But they will probably only react if the US do something first, because if they do, it sets a dangerous precedent for what America may do in the future to China and Russia and their allies.

However, personally, I feel this is all talk. We must remember, the new leader has only been in power a short while, and he will still be trying to assert his authority and show the world that 'he can't be pushed around into changing old habits' and that 'aliens are not welcome to disrupt the regime in Pyongyang'.

EDIT: Nuclear states never go to war. Fact. And it always will be a fact.

It is late and I am tired.

Anyway, I don't know what you are getting at. Russia really has virtually northing to do with situation other than being a major world power. China has a vested interest in the region. Neither of them are going to have their freedom threatened by the US.
Reply 18
Doubtful. Russia is hardly in any state to go to war, their economy would just die quicker. If the North attacked the South or America we'd likely see China invade the North rather than help them
China wouldn't go to war with its biggest customer and trading partner over North Korea.
If anything I'd say Beijing would be quite glad to see the back of Kim Jong-un. Having a whining, attention-craving, sabre-rattling moron - who also relies on your hand-outs to survive - as a next door neighbour must get quite tiresome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending