The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emmav123
I'm law at Clare! See you there! Good luck with your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Econ at Clare! More Clareites on this thread now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hoping to be one of you guys in a couple of years time !
Just wondering - has anybody else not heard anything from their college after firming? I did so a month ago and haven't had any contact...NatSci at Queens' if there are any in the same position :smile:
Reply 2123
Original post by DavidH20
Just wondering - has anybody else not heard anything from their college after firming? I did so a month ago and haven't had any contact...NatSci at Queens' if there are any in the same position :smile:

Not heard from Girton since firming either, What are you expecting at this stage.
Original post by proterra
Not heard from Girton since firming either, What are you expecting at this stage.

When are they going to send us information on accommodation?
Reply 2125
Original post by maniac_almanac
When are they going to send us information on accommodation?

I have an offer to study medicine at Girton, what course have you got an offer for?
Reply 2126
Original post by pr100
I have an offer to study medicine at Girton, what course have you got an offer for?

Maths
Reply 2127
What have people been putting as their insurance choices? I'm LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pr100

Hi pr100! Mine's Law at Robinson. :smile: Do you know when they'll tell us about accommodation?
Reply 2129
Hi pr100! Mine's Law at Robinson. :smile: Do you know when they'll tell us about accommodation?

Law at Clare :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eireann95
Thanks guys!! I think I'm gonna stick to my studies. I really want to get the grades so I guess I can hold off getting a part time job :smile:
Anyone by any chance doing Education or got an offer form Homerton??

Good luck with exams, results, uni etc.. Hope you're all in Cambridge this time next year :smile:

Education with English and Drama at Johns :smile: what are you combining it with?
Original post by oggdeferrer
Education with English and Drama at Johns :smile: what are you combining it with?

English with English :smile:

What are you studying now, or are you on a gap year?
Reply 2132
When can we apply for NSP and cambridge bursary because on their website it still says 2012/13?
Original post by the raid
When can we apply for NSP and cambridge bursary because on their website it still says 2012/13?

The NSP application form will become available in May, and the deadline will be in September. Also I think if you're a UK student you'll apply for the Cambridge Bursary once you actually arrive in October. At least this is what I remember from the forms sent by my college, but I'm not completely sure, because I'm form the EU and it works differently for us.

Yay, someone else at Robinson! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2135
What I'm about to say will probably seem pretty stupid, but I'm going to say it anyway. I've got an offer for engineering which naturally everyone thinks you will accept. But I feel like going to Cambridge would be far too demanding for me. I want to enjoy Uni but I feel that if I achieve my offer, which granted will be challenging, the next 4 years of my life will involve me always feeling under pressure and having to work constantly to keep up. Then on the flip-side I think about my employment opportunities after Cambridge. I would be able to move into other industries, such as finance, with relative ease which few other Unis could provide.

I've only got one more month to decide, but right now I have no clue. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by benten17
What I'm about to say will probably seem pretty stupid, but I'm going to say it anyway. I've got an offer for engineering which naturally everyone thinks you will accept. But I feel like going to Cambridge would be far too demanding for me. I want to enjoy Uni but I feel that if I achieve my offer, which granted will be challenging, the next 4 years of my life will involve me always feeling under pressure and having to work constantly to keep up. Then on the flip-side I think about my employment opportunities after Cambridge. I would be able to move into other industries, such as finance, with relative ease which few other Unis could provide.

I've only got one more month to decide, but right now I have no clue. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I think that at the minute the best thing to do would be to take the offer, and see how it goes. If you do find that the workload is too heavy, then you can transfer to a less demanding Engineering course at another good university. However, if you decline the Cambridge offer at this stage the reverse isn't going to be plausible, so I think it would be best to try first so you don't regret it later.
Reply 2137
Original post by DJMayes
I think that at the minute the best thing to do would be to take the offer, and see how it goes. If you do find that the workload is too heavy, then you can transfer to a less demanding Engineering course at another good university. However, if you decline the Cambridge offer at this stage the reverse isn't going to be plausible, so I think it would be best to try first so you don't regret it later.

I agree. I've been thinking the exact same thing so I've put another uni I'd be really happy at as my insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There seem to be some other Robinson offer holders around!! I'm unconditional for Natural Sciences. What is everyone else going to read?
Hooray - they've finally updated their admission statistics to include offers! Literally spent the last 45mins looking at all the stats... Kinda cool finding out how many people will be doing your course in your college, right?!

Latest

Trending

Trending