The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Oh? We do?

I'm fairly certain we do, If we don't then I'm absolutely screwed.

Actually its worth asking, are you talking about the retake of PHYA1 or the first (and hopefully only) attempt at PHYA2.

I think the retake date for PHYA1 is 20th May and the date for PHYA2 is 5th June.
Original post by lebron_23
I'm fairly certain we do, If we don't then I'm absolutely screwed.

Actually its worth asking, are you talking about the retake of PHYA1 or the first (and hopefully only) attempt at PHYA2.

I think the retake date for PHYA1 is 20th May and the date for PHYA2 is 5th June.

Well someone here just said it was 8 weeks, so that sounds a lot better! :smile:

My friend said it was 5 weeks away, and I didn't bother checking it for myself -.-

I never did a module in January so I'm doing both of them in June :eek:
Reply 42
Well someone here just said it was 8 weeks, so that sounds a lot better! :smile:

My friend said it was 5 weeks away, and I didn't bother checking it for myself -.-

I never did a module in January so I'm doing both of them in June :eek:

Ah yes raiden was just about spot on. It will be 8 weeks to the PHYA2 exam on Friday, and there's about 6 weeks to the PHYA1 exam.

I forgot that some people don't sit the exam in January so in that case, may be (mass x acceleration) be with you, young padawan :biggrin:
Reply 43
Ah yes raiden was just about spot on. It will be 8 weeks to the PHYA2 exam on Friday, and there's about 6 weeks to the PHYA1 exam.

I forgot that some people don't sit the exam in January so in that case, may be (mass x acceleration) be with you, young padawan :biggrin:

and the mass x velocity ofc

Aha, thanks for those calculations :P

Thank you haha :smile: Best of luck in your exam too!
Reply 45
Original post by raiden95

Oh yes, we can't forget that. And we must hope that no one encounters any mR, (where m is the coefficient of friction, of course).

Well, since acceleration takes into account the velocity :P
Reply 47
Oh yes, we can't forget that. And we must hope that no one encounters any mR, (where m is the coefficient of friction, of course).

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :horse:

EDIT: notice they have chosen 1 direction of motion :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Well, since acceleration takes into account the velocity :P

forgot to mention, momentum must be in direction of high marks :wink: always remember direction of motion
forgot to mention, momentum must be in direction of high marks :wink: always remember direction of motion

Haha, that too.
Reply 50
I am resitting this, because of the stupid, stupid ISAs.
Could anyone help me on this question on this thread ( sorry its unit 1 question)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2309086

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Could anyone help me on this question on this thread ( sorry its unit 1 question)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2309086

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I remember you from the old thread :tongue:
I wish I could help but 7biii) is the only calculations question I got wrong in the paper, still don't know how to do it :confused: would love to know myself

I had an idea of doing it after the exam I'll let you know in the thread what I think
Reply 53
Got an A in this in January.

Here is a Tip for anyone studying it. Someone told me in January on this Forum and its the only reason I got an A. Otherwise I probably would have got a D.

STOP READING. ONCE YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL.

90% of your work should be doing Questions. The only thing you should be "revising" is the longer style answers.

How can you know what your weak at if your not testing yourself?

I really hope that helps someone and saves them any surprises.
Reply 54
THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :horse:

EDIT: notice they have chosen 1 direction of motion :wink:

This is just brilliant.
Reply 55
Original post by Better
Got an A in this in January.

Here is a Tip for anyone studying it. Someone told me in January on this Forum and its the only reason I got an A. Otherwise I probably would have got a D.

STOP READING. ONCE YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL.

90% of your work should be doing Questions. The only thing you should be "revising" is the longer style answers.

How can you know what your weak at if your not testing yourself?

I really hope that helps someone and saves them any surprises.

I think making notes on the more theoretical sections does help, obviously a lot less for unit 2, but waves has a lot to it :biggrin: well that's what worked for me anyway.

As for questions I agree lots of time doing questions is the key! Probably why I ended up getting the old spec physics revision guide, calculations book etc if you're running out of questions to do then you're doing well :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by Better
This is just brilliant.

The persians are the exam questions :viking:
Got my Physics ISA on equilibrium next week so that is getting in the way of me finishing the material lol.
Reply 58
Does anyone have a rough idea on how the UMS marks are calculated for the ISA. I think I may know but I just want piece of mind.. Its driving me crazy :grr:
Reply 59
Does anyone have a rough idea on how the UMS marks are calculated for the ISA. I think I may know but I just want piece of mind.. Its driving me crazy :grr:

It really depends on how everyone as a whole found it I guess It's hard to tell, grade boundaries keep jumping around :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending